Pure car insurance review
Insure your luxury or exotic car with this provider that's geared toward high-net-worth individuals.
finder.com's rating: 4 / 5
- Get a quote if you want agreed value coverage.
- Pick something else if you want to sign up and manage your account online.
- Drivers of high-end vehicles will like the outstanding policy features.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|New car protection||Yes|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone|
No info available
- Outstanding policy features.
- One-on-one support.
- Agreed-value coverage.
- Not available online.
- No online claims service.
- Expensive coverage.
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
Peter Carleton is a writer that covers banking and investing, breaking down what you need to know about where you put your money. When Peter's not thinking about cutting-edge banking apps and robo-advisors, he runs a creative agency and spends his spare time cooking or reading.
If you’re looking to insure your exotic, antique, collector or luxury car, Pure might be right for you. It offers a wide range of options including agreed-value coverage and no deductible for claims caused by an uninsured driver. Policies are best for those worth $1 million or more who collect or drive expensive cars. Pure’s policies are designed to cover even the most expensive vehicles with high maximums who might not be able to get coverage from standard insurers.
Keep in mind that higher coverage may be expensive and must be purchased through a broker, but these drawbacks are common in the high-net-worth insurance industry.
Which cars does Pure cover?
This provider is best for those with $1 million or more of financial assets who collect or drive expensive cars. From vintage Minis, Aston Martins to luxury sports cars, Pure’s policies are designed to cover even the most expensive vehicles with high maximums. Its agreed-value auto insurance protects your vehicle for its value, meaning there are no surprises when you receive your payout. Pure insurance policies are available in every state.
Popular luxury and exotic car brands covered by Pure
What types of auto insurance does Pure offer?
Pure’s site doesn’t offer a lot of details on standard coverage, but its policies include features that other providers might offer as separate policies.
- Agreed-value comprehensive coverage. With Pure’s help, you’ll determine a fixed payout amount in a total loss. This allows you to replace a totaled vehicle with a similar one without a deductible or depreciation costs.
- Gap coverage. If you have an outstanding loan or lease and your payout doesn’t cover the full amount after a total loss, your policy covers the difference.
- Worldwide coverage. You’ll get property and liability damage coverage when you rent a vehicle anywhere in the world for up to 90 days.
- Extended transportation expenses. If Pure covers vehicle repairs after a loss, it delivers a rental vehicle similar to yours. If your vehicle breaks down more than 50 miles from home, Pure provides coverage for a hotel, meals and other travel expenses up to $5,000.
- Original replacement parts. Repairs follow high standard and with original equipment manufacturers’ (OEM) parts. Plus, Pure policies provide access to an Auto Repair Network with trusted repair facilities.
- No deductible for uninsured driver damage. If an uninsured driver damages your vehicle, you won’t pay a deductible for your collision coverage. If you have personal excess liability insurance through Pure, you can purchase additional uninsured motorist coverage up to $10 million.
Pure car insurance special features
Unlike many other providers, Pure doesn’t offer discounts or special features. Instead, it provides a number of great perks and competitive pricing built into its auto insurance program.
- Unlimited roadside assistance. Get 24/7 access to towing, tire replacements, lockouts and breakdowns.
- Smart pricing. Though you won’t find discounts through Pure, you can get lower premiums when you make choices that reduce your risk. This includes things like covering more cars than drivers, storing your child’s vehicle at home while they’re away at school, limiting the number of days you drive your collector car.
Pros and cons of Pure car insurance
- Expanded coverage options. Between agreed-value insurance, lease gap coverage and the option to extend coverage through Personal Excess Liability insurance, your vehicle is protected in an accident.
- Long list of policy features. You’ll find perks like uninsured motorist coverage, free 24/7 roadside assistance included in your policy.
- Pure Express mobile app. Pure’s mobile app allows you to monitor your account, file a claim, submit pictures of damage and get repair estimates in as little as a few hours.
- Online learning center. Pure includes comprehensive learning resources that outlines ways to reduce risk, promote safe driving and more.
- Can be expensive. Considering the value of the vehicles Pure insures and the level of coverage, you’ll likely pay more for coverage than you would from a larger provider.
- Can’t purchase online. Unlike many other providers, you can’t purchase coverage online or get a quote.
- Lack of transparency. Pure doesn’t offer details on its site about customizing its policies.
- A selective provider. Pure prefers to insure low-risk drivers with high-value cars or assets. Not everyone can qualify for Pure car insurance.
Compare alternatives to Pure
Pure car insurance reviews and complaints
Unfortunately, there isn’t a whole lot of information about Pure on the official Better Business Bureau site. It’s not accredited with the bureau, it has a rating of A+, as of October 2020.
However, other online forums seem to reflect a positive view of the company, with many customers stating that they’re satisfied with the service. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive on Trustpilot and other review sites, and according to Pure’s annual report, the company has a 95% member retention rate.
Case study: Jon’s experience
When my wife and I bought our 270-year-old home, we were hysterical that the entire thing was going to collapse, set itself on fire or otherwise implode. We wanted to find an insurance company that would help insure us and, most importantly, replace parts of our home should something go wrong in our impending renovation.
Pure offered us the best deal from the few insurers that were willing to cover the full replacement of the antique wood throughout the house.
The level of service was unreal compared to our former coverage with Travelers. For example, Pure let us add our car to the policy simply by emailing our representative the VIN. Two days later we got an email with the insurance ID cards and an adjusted bill for that year. It was really that simple!
How to apply for Pure car insurance
Purchasing coverage from Pure must be done through your local broker. Visit the Pure website and enter your ZIP code or call 888-813-7873 to find your nearest broker.
Alternatively, you can request a proposal online.
- Visit the Pure site.
- Click Request a Proposal at the top of the page.
- Fill in your information and submit the form.
Once your request is made, a Pure representative reaches out to help guide you through the insurance-buying process. This includes finding the right coverage and limits for your situation and connecting you to the right agent.
What info do I need to apply?
When applying for coverage, you’ll need to provide the following details:
- Personal information, including your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Driver’s license number and driving history.
- Employment information.
- Vehicle details, including the year, make, model and VIN.
- Payment information.
How to file an auto insurance claim with Pure
Filing a claim with Pure can be done one of three ways:
- Phone. Call 888-813-7873 to get in touch with an adjuster 24/7.
- Email. Send an email to email@example.com and a representative will get back to you with next steps.
- Mobile app. Log in to your account and navigate to the Claims section to begin the process.
Once you get in touch with one of Pure’s licensed claims adjusters, you’re assigned a dedicated Pure Member Advocate who guides you through the entire process. They help arrange a rental car and keep you updated on the status of your claim.
What do I need to file a claim with Pure?
When filing a claim with Pure, you’ll need to provide the following information for everyone involved in the accident:
- Incident details of what happened, including the date and location.
- Vehicle and driver information.
- Insurance information, including their policy number and insurer.
- Contact information.
How to contact Pure
The best way to get in touch with Pure is by phone, but there are a number of other ways you can reach out.
- Phone. Call 888-813-7873 on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET or Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- Mail or email. Visit the Pure site, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Contact Us to get more information on various office locations and email addresses.
- Social media. On the Pure site, you’ll find links on the bottom right-hand corner to its Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages.
Does Pure offer any other types of insurance?
Yes. Along with coverage for your luxury vehicle, you can get several other policies through Pure, including:
- Watercraft insurance
- Specialty vehicles including motorcycles, luxury motorhomes and golf carts
- Home insurance
- Flood insurance
- Condo and co-op insurance
- Personal excess liability
- Personal property including jewelry, art and collections
- Fraud and cyber fraud insurance
Frequently asked questions about Pure
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.