Payoff personal loan review
A specialized loan for credit card consolidation to simplify multiple debts into one affordable monthly payment.
With a Payoff personal loan, you can pay off multiple high interest credit cards and reduce them into one affordable monthly loan payment. When you borrow through Payoff, you can expect one-on-one assistance and a customer support team eager to answer questions. However, you will have to meet strict eligibility criteria in order to access Payoff’s debt consolidation loan.
Max. Loan Amount
5.99% to 24.99%
Min. Credit Score
Do I qualify?
- You must have a FICO at least score of 660
- You must have zero delinquencies
- At least three years of good credit history
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
What is a Payoff personal loan?
Payoff is a financial wellness company that specializes in helping borrowers pay off their credit card debt. Its signature Payoff Loan is a personal loan that is designed specifically to eliminate or lower your credit card balances by combining them into one monthly payment at a fixed rate and term.
If you’re approved for a loan, the funds will be electronically deposited into your bank account. Payoff personal loans range from $5,000 to $35,000, and terms range between two to five years. Interest rates start as low as 5.99%. When you borrow from Payoff, you will also have to pay a loan origination fee of 2% to 5%.
What are the benefits of borrowing from Payoff?
- Potential credit score increase. Payoff claims that its average member has a 40 point increase in their credit score within four months of receiving the Payoff loan. Your exact experience will vary.
- FICO score updates. Payoff sends monthly FICO score updates to its borrowers.
- Career support. If you lose your job, Payoff will work with you to create a new payment plan for the loan. Additionally, Payoff has a team of recruiters that can review your resume, provide job interview advice and help you find a new place of employment.
- No extra fees. Payoff doesn’t charge application, late, check processing, returned check, non-sufficient funds or annual fees.
How does Payoff compare to other lenders?
What does the Internet have to say about Payoff?
Payoff has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since January 2015 and receives an A+ rating. Of the five total customer reviews on the website, one is positive and the other four are negative, complaining about higher loan rates than what they were prequalified for, long waits for loan approval, and lots of hoops to jump through in order to get an answer on their loan. Payoff does not have a review on TrustPilot.
Am I eligible?
- You must have a 660 credit score or higher
- You must have no credit credit delinquencies
- You must have no delinquencies greater than 90 days within 12 months
- You must have no more than two open lines of credit and one installment loan taken out in the last year
- You must have at least three years of good credit
- You should have a debt-to-income ratio of 50% or less
How to apply for a Payoff personal loan
- Click the Go to Site button on this page to be redirected to Payoff’s website.
- Click Check My Rate.
- Enter your contact and financial information and submit your application.
Payoff should get in touch with you with offers. If you like one, select it and verify your information before e-signing your loan documents. Once it receives your documents, your funds should be disbursed.
If you’re looking to pay off your credit card debt, then taking out a Payoff Loan might be a good fit for you. It does require a relatively good credit score of at least 660 to qualify, and you can’t have had any credit delinquencies, so it may not be an option if you’ve struggled with paying off your debt in the past. As with any big financial decision, it’s a good idea to shop around to find a loan with the best rates and terms for your individual needs.