Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare multi-car insurance discounts
Save on your car insurance policies by covering multiple vehicles with one company.
Just like getting a discount for bundling your policies together, you can save money by covering all of your family’s vehicles with one insurance provider. If you have more than one driver in your household or more than one car in the driveway, there’s a good chance you qualify.
How do I get a multi-car insurance discount?
Add more than one vehicle to your insurance policy. This helps you streamline everything from coverage options to the billing process. And since you’re bringing more business with more coverage, you’ll likely get a discount on your premium.
With a multi-car insurance discount, you’re either insuring multiple cars on one policy or you have multiple cars on separate policies under the same provider.
This kind of discount doesn’t typically compound each time a vehicle is added, but is applied as a flat rate or percentage on each vehicle you add to your policy.
Can I combine multiple vehicles?
Yes, most providers allow you to bundle and save with motorcycles, boats, RVs, ATVs, even snowmobiles and jet skis. With a multi-vehicle policy, you have options that allow you to cover your different vehicles as needed, whether you’re insuring a boat, an RV, a luxury sedan, or a golf cart.
Can I get different coverage for each vehicle?
Yes you can, even if they’re on the same policy. It’s worth noting many providers will require you to maintain the same liability coverage levels on all vehicles under your policy, just so there’s no confusion about which vehicle has which liability coverage.
But for all optional coverage, like comprehensive and collision insurance, you can pick and choose what you add to each vehicle. After all, it makes sense to put collision and comprehensive coverage on your BMW or your spouse’s Mercedes, but why would you pay for that level of coverage on your teenager’s beater car that gets them to school and back?
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare multi-car insurance policies
How much can I save by insuring multiple cars with the same company?
How much you’ll save with a multi-car discount ranges from 10% to 25%. It depends some different factors that may or may not affect you — and we’ve outlined some of them below.
- Age. The younger you are, the more you can expect to pay for your vehicle insurance coverage — and the more you can expect to save by bundling vehicles under a single policy. 10% of $2,000 is more than 10% of $1,500, after all.
- Vehicle types. Insuring a Ferrari, a Donzi ski boat and a fleet of snowmobiles is going to cost a fortune whether you bundle them all or not — and if you own any luxury or exotic vehicles, you may not be able to bundle them with other cars or vehicles at all. For example, the majority of standard car insurance companies in the US might refuse to cover a Ferrari altogether, and a white-glove provider like Chubb — they cover classic cars, exotics, and luxury vehicles — may not offer a multi-vehicle policy discount.
- Provider. Most providers offer this kind of discount, but once again, how much of a break you can expect will vary from one company to the next.
- Drivers involved. If you’re the only driver on the policy, your individual records and numbers are all that will factor in. But as soon as you involve a teenage driver, an elderly driver or someone with a poor driving record or other issues in their background, you might see this discount’s benefits vanish with an overall rate increase.
Which companies have the best multi-car discounts?
Not all insurance providers offer multi-car discounts — and discounts vary by state. Here’s a list of providers to look into to see if you qualify for a multi-car discount.
- Nationwide. While no discount amount is listed on its website, you can expect savings of at least 10% from Nationwide.
- Allstate. Discounts from Allstate vary by state and by coverage, but you can expect the industry average of 10% to 25% if you qualify.
- Farmers. Farmers offers a multi-car discount, but it’s unclear how much. It’s likely you’ll save at least 10%.
- Progressive. Progressive offers a discount of about 10% for covering multiple vehicles on one policy.
- Geico. Enjoy generous discounts from Geico and save up to 25% for covering multiple cars.
- USAA. Though no specific discount value is given, you can expect savings of at least 10% from USAA.
If your household has multiple vehicles, it’s likely that you can cover all your vehicles and get a multi-car discount with your provider. And while a 10% discount might not sound like a lot, you may qualify for other discounts as well. And that can add up.
Shop around and compare any time you plan to make changes in your car insurance to find the best deals.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Unifimoney account review
Unifimoney lets you spend, save and invest, but it’s only free for high-income individuals.
Does a car loan affect your mortgage application?
Find out how to increase your borrowing power and get approved for a mortgage even if you have a car loan.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Guardian vision insurance review May 2021
Get a generous allowance to put towards contact lenses or frames with this plan.
iLendingDirect car loan refinancing review
Low interest rates set this connection service apart.
How to start a cleaning business
From making a business plan and getting insurance to marketing and setting your prices — here’s how to start your own cleaning business.
Best online banks for 2021
Thinking of going digital? This one’s for you.
How to move to Canada
Explore the options and programs that Canada has in place to help you move to Canada.
Ask an Expert