Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare multi-car insurance discounts
Save on your car insurance policies by covering multiple vehicles with one company.
Just like getting a discount for bundling your policies together, you can save money by covering all of your family’s vehicles with one insurance provider. If you have more than one driver in your household or more than one car in the driveway, there’s a good chance you qualify.
How do I get a multi-car insurance discount?
Add more than one vehicle to your insurance policy. This helps you streamline everything from coverage options to the billing process. And since you’re bringing more business with more coverage, you’ll likely get a discount on your premium.
With a multi-car insurance discount, you’re either insuring multiple cars on one policy or you have multiple cars on separate policies under the same provider.
This kind of discount doesn’t typically compound each time a vehicle is added, but is applied as a flat rate or percentage on each vehicle you add to your policy.
Can I combine multiple vehicles?
Yes, most providers allow you to bundle and save with motorcycles, boats, RVs, ATVs, even snowmobiles and jet skis. With a multi-vehicle policy, you have options that allow you to cover your different vehicles as needed, whether you’re insuring a boat, an RV, a luxury sedan, or a golf cart.
Can I get different coverage for each vehicle?
Yes you can, even if they’re on the same policy. It’s worth noting many providers will require you to maintain the same liability coverage levels on all vehicles under your policy, just so there’s no confusion about which vehicle has which liability coverage.
But for all optional coverage, like comprehensive and collision insurance, you can pick and choose what you add to each vehicle. After all, it makes sense to put collision and comprehensive coverage on your BMW or your spouse’s Mercedes, but why would you pay for that level of coverage on your teenager’s beater car that gets them to school and back?
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare multi-car insurance policies
How much can I save by insuring multiple cars with the same company?
How much you’ll save with a multi-car discount ranges from 10% to 25%. It depends some different factors that may or may not affect you — and we’ve outlined some of them below.
- Age. The younger you are, the more you can expect to pay for your vehicle insurance coverage — and the more you can expect to save by bundling vehicles under a single policy. 10% of $2,000 is more than 10% of $1,500, after all.
- Vehicle types. Insuring a Ferrari, a Donzi ski boat and a fleet of snowmobiles is going to cost a fortune whether you bundle them all or not — and if you own any luxury or exotic vehicles, you may not be able to bundle them with other cars or vehicles at all. For example, the majority of standard car insurance companies in the US might refuse to cover a Ferrari altogether, and a white-glove provider like Chubb — they cover classic cars, exotics, and luxury vehicles — may not offer a multi-vehicle policy discount.
- Provider. Most providers offer this kind of discount, but once again, how much of a break you can expect will vary from one company to the next.
- Drivers involved. If you’re the only driver on the policy, your individual records and numbers are all that will factor in. But as soon as you involve a teenage driver, an elderly driver or someone with a poor driving record or other issues in their background, you might see this discount’s benefits vanish with an overall rate increase.
Which companies have the best multi-car discounts?
Not all insurance providers offer multi-car discounts — and discounts vary by state. Here’s a list of providers to look into to see if you qualify for a multi-car discount.
- Nationwide. While no discount amount is listed on its website, you can expect savings of at least 10% from Nationwide.
- Allstate. Discounts from Allstate vary by state and by coverage, but you can expect the industry average of 10% to 25% if you qualify.
- Farmers. Farmers offers a multi-car discount, but it’s unclear how much. It’s likely you’ll save at least 10%.
- Progressive. Progressive offers a discount of about 10% for covering multiple vehicles on one policy.
- Geico. Enjoy generous discounts from Geico and save up to 25% for covering multiple cars.
- USAA. Though no specific discount value is given, you can expect savings of at least 10% from USAA.
If your household has multiple vehicles, it’s likely that you can cover all your vehicles and get a multi-car discount with your provider. And while a 10% discount might not sound like a lot, you may qualify for other discounts as well. And that can add up.
Shop around and compare any time you plan to make changes in your car insurance to find the best deals.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
What is health insurance cost sharing?
Learn cost-sharing terms to find out how much you’ll really pay for healthcare.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Compare life insurance wellness programs
Get an incentive to meet your existing health and fitness goals with a discounted premium.
8 unconventional funeral ideas to celebrate your loved one
Personalize your loved one’s memorial or shave thousands off of funeral costs with these ideas.
Compare life insurance for major organ transplant
Learn your policy options based on the type of transplant and your health status now.
Wagmo pet insurance review Feb 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Compare living benefits riders for life insurance
Use your death benefits to help pay for medical expenses while you’re still alive.
Compare home renovation insurance
Transform your home without leaving insurance gaps while your home’s under construction.
How to get life insurance after a DUI or driving offense
A poor driving record may result in higher rates on your life insurance, with some insurers turning you away altogether.
Ask an Expert