Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates
With high theft rates, comprehensive coverage might be a good idea for Hondas.
Honda manufactures a wide variety of motorcycle models, from Grand Prix racing bikes to small city scooters. With MSRPs ranging from $2,500 to $24,000, your insurance rates could vary just as much. Coverage ranges from about $280 to $880 and depends on where you live, what you ride and your driving profile.
How to compare insurance for Honda motorcycles
The model you own will determine your level of coverage and how much you pay. High-performance Hondas like the CBR may warrant more curated coverage with specialty insurance for sports bikes. When deciding on insurance, consider:
- The deductible. How much you pay out of pocket after an accident determines your premium. A higher deductible will give you a lower premium and vice versa.
- Minimum coverage. Where you live will affect the minimum coverage for your motorcycle. But most states require liability and personal injury protection (PIP) to help pay if you’re injured after a crash.
- Additional coverage. If you use your bike for commuting, collision coverage could help if you’re in an accident. And because Hondas have the highest rate for theft, consider adding comprehensive coverage to your policy.
- Lay-up insurance. Live in a part of the country with a chilly off-season? Lay-up insurance keeps your bike covered during the cold months when you’re not riding. This protects it from theft and damage at a lower rate while it’s stored.
- Discounts. Look for discounts for paying your policy annually, staying accident-free or taking safety courses. Some providers cut you a break if you bundle your car and bike coverage.
- Warranty. Most Hondas come with a one-year limited transferable warranty. It includes nationwide coverage, roadside assistance and no mileage limit or deductible. Additionally, its HondaCare can provide up to five years of coverage — excluding racing models like the CR and CFRs.
Why are Hondas the most stolen motorcycles?
Thieves tend to target Hondas because of their powerful engines and because their parts are worth so much. Stolen Hondas are often used for racing and sold for parts.
Honda car insurance rates by model
|Model||Base motorcycle price||Monthly insurance rate|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Honda
Honda offers a slew of two-wheeled options, from scooters to racing sports models. You may find savings with discounts that take into account your driving history, how often you pay and how much you drive. Compare motorcycle insurers to find the best insurance for your situation.
Frequently asked questions about Honda bike insurance
Read more on this topic
Compare motorcycle insurance in Arizona See why riders pay $150 above the US average for insurance, despite Arizona’s low minimum requirements.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Georgia Motorcycle crashes and major cities could weigh into your premium in Georgia.
Compare motorcycle insurance in North Carolina North Carolina may have high motorcycle insurance requirements, but premiums hover slightly above the national average.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania sticks to the US average for bike insurance with many quality companies to choose from.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Massachusetts Bike insurance costs a bit more than the national average, but packed cities may skew this number.
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Temporary motorcycle insurance Navigate which type of temporary insurance you need for your bike and how to start the policy.