Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates
With high theft rates, comprehensive coverage might be a good idea for Hondas.
Honda manufactures a wide variety of motorcycle models, from Grand Prix racing bikes to small city scooters. With MSRPs ranging from $2,500 to $24,000, your insurance rates could vary just as much. Coverage ranges from about $280 to $880 and depends on where you live, what you ride and your driving profile.
How to compare insurance for Honda motorcycles
The model you own will determine your level of coverage and how much you pay. High-performance Hondas like the CBR may warrant more curated coverage with specialty insurance for sports bikes. When deciding on insurance, consider:
- The deductible. How much you pay out of pocket after an accident determines your premium. A higher deductible will give you a lower premium and vice versa.
- Minimum coverage. Where you live will affect the minimum coverage for your motorcycle. But most states require liability and personal injury protection (PIP) to help pay if you’re injured after a crash.
- Additional coverage. If you use your bike for commuting, collision coverage could help if you’re in an accident. And because Hondas have the highest rate for theft, consider adding comprehensive coverage to your policy.
- Lay-up insurance. Live in a part of the country with a chilly off-season? Lay-up insurance keeps your bike covered during the cold months when you’re not riding. This protects it from theft and damage at a lower rate while it’s stored.
- Discounts. Look for discounts for paying your policy annually, staying accident-free or taking safety courses. Some providers cut you a break if you bundle your car and bike coverage.
- Warranty. Most Hondas come with a one-year limited transferable warranty. It includes nationwide coverage, roadside assistance and no mileage limit or deductible. Additionally, its HondaCare can provide up to five years of coverage — excluding racing models like the CR and CFRs.
Why are Hondas the most stolen motorcycles?
Thieves tend to target Hondas because of their powerful engines and because their parts are worth so much. Stolen Hondas are often used for racing and sold for parts.
Honda car insurance rates by model
|Model||Base motorcycle price||Monthly insurance rate|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Honda
Honda offers a slew of two-wheeled options, from scooters to racing sports models. You may find savings with discounts that take into account your driving history, how often you pay and how much you drive. Compare motorcycle insurers to find the best insurance for your situation.
Frequently asked questions about Honda bike insurance
More guides on Finder
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
Do I need disability insurance?
Who long-term or short-term disability insurance works best for, and pros and cons to buying both.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
People are still dying after more than 6 years of Takata recalls – are you at risk?
Know your rights if your car has defective Takata air bags, and learn how to find your car’s manufacturer recalls.
It’s too late to insure for Hurricane Delta, but here’s what to do instead
With landfall expected Friday, know what your current policy covers and how to get federal government disaster relief.
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Horror stories you could actually insure against
13 best horror stories where insurance could have saved the day.
Short-term vs. long-term disability insurance
Short- and long-term disability insurance offers coverage for different amounts of time and replaces a different percentage of your income, but you can buy both if you can afford it.
How much disability insurance do I need?
You won’t be able to replace all of your income with disability insurance, but you can buy enough to cover your biggest monthly bills.
Doggo pet insurance review Oct 2020
With round-the-clock support, customer experience and policy perks are this company’s claim to fame.