VoguePay is a secure payment processor and e-commerce service founded in Nigeria in 2012. It offers personal digital wallets and business payment accounts to users worldwide. Individuals can send and receive payments from other VoguePay accounts, similar to PayPal. And businesses can sign up with VoguePay to receive and process online payments from customers through a website or by email.
VoguePay’s focus is making it easy for small businesses in Nigeria to transfer money, a country in which going “cashless” used to be an expensive prospect for startups. But you don’t need to live in Nigeria to take advantage of VoguePay’s services.
Access payment processing and money transfers with ease
Competing with online money transfer giants like PayPal, VoguePay aims to make online transfers accessible to everyone. PayPal offers limited support for Nigeria, allowing users to send money but not receive it, while VoguePay has no such restrictions.
VoguePay doesn’t have as large a user base as PayPal, but it does have over 50,000 international merchants across the world who rely on VoguePay for their financial transactions. It’s a solid option to consider if you don’t mind the fees or need to launch a simple e-commerce store.
VoguePay is best for:
- Large scale transfers. Personal and business users in the US must withdraw at least $1,500, so transferring small amounts isn’t ideal with VoguePay.
- Convenience. It’s simple and fast to set up a transaction online.
- E-commerce businesses. Set up an online store with the easy-to-use VoguePay API to start accepting payments or invoices online.
- Nigerian transfers. Though you’ll find other options for transferring money to Nigeria with fewer fees, VoguePay is a solid option.
How much does it cost to transfer money with VoguePay?
To transfer money from your VoguePay account, you’ll pay 1.5% of the transfer amount. For international transfers, add a flat $5. Your recipient will also be charged for making withdrawals.
What types of transfers can I send through VoguePay?
You can make two types of transfers with your account to anyone else with a VoguePay account.
- One-off transfers. Send a one-time payment to friends, family or a business.
- Recurring transfers. Scheduled payments for regular payments, donations or subscriptions.
Fund your account with bank account transfers after setting up your bank info in your VoguePay account.
What types of currencies can I send through VoguePay?
When you send a payment in USD to another currency, the built-in currency converter automatically exchanges it to the recipient’s default currency based on the current exchange rate. VoguePay supports the following currencies:
- US Dollar
- British pound
- Ghanaian cedi
- Nigerian naira
- South African rand
- Kenyan shillings
Are there any transfer limits with VoguePay?
There’s no maximum transfer limit to how much you can transfer, as long as you have the funds in your VoguePay digital wallet. Funds do need to mature before you can withdraw them — a five day process for international transactions.
Pros and cons
- Free mobile app. Send and receive payments from your mobile device.
- Free website extensions. It’s easy to install payment buttons for , Drupal, Joomla and more.
- Text and email alerts. Stay up to date with your account activity for convenience and security.
- Internationally accepted. Accepts worldwide transfers in all major currencies.
- Many fees. 1.5% plus $5 charge to withdraw from your wallet. You’ll be charged for each international transaction, so sending one big payment, rather than several smaller ones will save you money.
- High minimum withdrawal. Personal and business users in the US must withdraw at least $1,500.
- No toll-free number for support. Contacting customer service must be done through email or by calling London or Nigeria.
How do I send money internationally with VoguePay?
You’ll need an account with VoguePay before you can send funds internationally. Simply sign up for a free account online to get started. Once you’ve signed up, follow these steps:
- Select My Account from the main menu and Add Funds to Wallet to transfer money to your VoguePay wallet.
- Choose Transfer to Other Members once your funds are deposited.
- Enter the amount you’re transferring and your recipient’s VoguePay username or password.
- Confirm and send your transfer.
What is VoguePay?
Small businesses and startups are the engine of economic growth in any country, but especially in a developing country like Nigeria. With little e-commerce competition in Nigeria, many business owners found even the logistics of setting up international payments financially difficult.
That’s all changed with the recent explosion of new Nigerian fintech companies. Companies like VoguePay are helping Nigerian small business owners.
- Strengthening exchange rates and lowering transaction fees.
- Providing an integrated payment gateway to remove the stress of traditional banking.
- Providing comprehensive business and financial advice to help with long-term decisions.
With the help of fintech, Nigeria is poised to become a major mobile money market in the years to come.
What other services does VoguePay offer?
In addition to user-to-user money transfers, VoguePay offers an e-commerce service that can help online businesses manage online payments and shopping. This is ideal for e-commerce websites that need to process secure payments without needing to pay for e-commerce software.
- Invoices. Request payments from customers or clients by emailing a detailed invoice from your account.
- Online shopping carts. Your customers can buy an unlimited number of products in one visit.
- Transaction tracking. You can audit all transactions and communication among clients and customers.
VoguePay reviews and complaints
Currently VoguePay doesn’t have a listing with the Better Business Bureau. It does, however, have a listing with TrustPilot. As of October 8, 2020 it’s rated with a TrustScore of 2.9 out of 5.
An extensive knowledge base and FAQ is offered on the VoguePay website. Customer service is also available and can be contacted by email support ticket.
Compare VoguePay money transfers with other global brands
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert