Here’s how to send a quick, affordable and secure money transfer to the Netherlands.
From bank transfers and online transactions to options that allow recipients to collect your funds within minutes, sending an international money transfer to the Netherlands is easy. However, do your research and shop around for the best available deal.
TransferWise International Money Transfers
When you need to send money overseas, benefit from competitive exchange rates and low transfer fees with TransferWise.
- Fair service fees and mid-market rates — a major market differentiator.
- Next-day delivery to your loved ones and businesses.
- Trusted the world over, with five-star ratings on Trustpilot.
Compare international money transfer services to the Netherlands
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
|Money transfer service 1||Money transfer service 2|
|Exchange rate||$1 USD = 0.63 euros||$1 USD = 0.63 euros|
|Amount received for $500||317 euros||310 euros|
|Transfer time||Within 3 business days||1 to 3 business days|
|Transfer options||Online transfer to bank account||Bank transfer|
Heidi saves $17 because she took the time to compare two online transfer services. While the turnaround time and exchange are the same, there’s a $6 difference in the service fee charged.
How do I compare transfer companies when sending money to the Netherlands?
When comparing your options, pay attention to these factors:
- Exchange rates. How do each company’s exchange rates compare to the competition?
- Fees. How much will you have to pay to send the transfer? Can you avoid a transfer fee if you send a larger amount?
- Transfer methods. Can transfers be placed online, over the phone, by visiting a branch and/or by using a mobile app?
- Transfer options. Can you lock in an ideal exchange rate now and transfer the money later, known as a forward contract? Does the institution offer limit orders, which allows you to take advantage of changing market conditions by executing the money transfer when a certain exchange rate is met? Can you schedule recurring payments, or does the company only provide one-off spot orders?
- Turnaround time. Will the funds be available for your beneficiary in minutes, or will they take several working days to arrive?
- Minimum transfer amount. What is the minimum transfer limit imposed by each company, and will this affect the size of your transfers?
- Pickup methods. Can your beneficiary pick up the cash from their nearest transfer agent, or will the funds be deposited into their bank account?
- Customer service. What sort of customer support is offered and during what hours can you receive assistance?
.Back to top
How do I send money to the Netherlands from the U.S.?
You can send money to the Netherlands via the following ways:
- Bank to bank. Bank-to-bank transfers may cost more than other options but they are a secure way to send money to the Netherlands.
- Online money transfer providers. A reliable online money transfer company can offer fast and cost-effective transactions.
- Money transfer companies with cash pickup options. MoneyGram and Western Union are the world’s two largest providers of this service.
- PayPal. PayPal offers secure international money transfers to many destinations around the world.
- Checks. International checks can be obtained from U.S. banks and then sent overseas.
Emergency cash transfers in the Netherlands
There are certain situations when you might need to send a transfer as quickly as possible. When you do need to send an emergency transfer, remember that you will usually have to pay extra in order to get your funds to your beneficiary ASAP. Make sure to check the exchange rate and fees that apply so you know exactly how much it will cost.Back to topFind a money transfer location near you
Tips for picking up cash in the Netherlands
Picking up cash from a transfer agent in the Netherlands? Follow a few simple steps to ensure that you and your money stay safe:
- Avoid any areas where crime is known to be a problem.
- Keep your wallet and/or bag safe and secure at all times.
- Take a friend along to provide additional security and peace of mind.
- Don’t flash your cash around in public.
- Don’t carry large sums of money around for any longer than is absolutely necessary.
.Back to top
What are the steps to send money to the Netherlands?
Depending on the service you choose, you’ll need to provide some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address, contact information and valid photo ID.
- Your beneficiary’s name, address and information, along with their bank account info if the funds will be deposited in their bank account.
- How much money you’re sending, in what currency and which country you’re sending it to.
- If you are not using cash or a credit or debit card for this transaction, you will need to provide your banking info in order to have funds drafted from your account.
The bank or transfer service will provide you with a confirmation email or give you a receipt if you’ve made the transfer in person. Thanks to a variety of money-transfer agencies facilitating international transfers to the Netherlands, you have several options at your disposal.