Make a quick, secure and cost-effective money transfer without setting foot in a bank. Complete your transaction online in three easy steps with excellent rates and low fees. 1st Contact also offers regular promotions, including “refer a friend” and getting your fifth transfer for free.
1st Contact is best for:
- Frequent users. Your fifth transfer is free.
- Large transfers. There is no maximum amount, and the more you transfer, the better the rate you’ll get. However, Individual transfers equal to or greater than £10,000 (or the equivalent in another currency) will need additional documentation.
- Bank-to-bank transfers. Your recipient cannot pick up cash.
How much does 1st Contact cost?
1st Contact’s transfer fee is determined by the amount of the transfer and the destination.
How are 1st Contact’s exchange rates?
1st Contact’s exchange rates fall between the interbank rate (the truest exchange rate) and the rate offered by big banks. They are able to undercut the big banks and pass the savings on to you in the form of great rates. While the rates on their site are updated throughout the day, they’re not guaranteed to be the final rate you pay.
- AED – UAE dirham
- AUD – Australian dollar
- BGN – Bulgarian lev
- CAD – Canadian dollar
- CHF – Swiss franc
- CZK – Czech koruna
- EUR – European euro
- GBP – Pound sterling
- HKD – Hong Kong dollar
- JPY – Japanese yen
- LKR – Sri Lankan rupee
- NOK – Norwegian krone
- NZD – New Zealand dollar
- PLN – Polish zloty
- QAR – Qatari riyal
- RON – Romanian leu
- SEK – Swedish krona
- SGD – Singapore dollar
- THB – Thai baht
- ZAR – South African rand
See how other services compare to 1st Contact Forex
What types of transfers can I make?
You can make one-off transfers with 1st Contact. You also have the option to secure a rate in advance when transferring a large amount. But you must put down a 10% deposit.
There is no minimum or maximum transfer amount. However, when transferring £10,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) or more in a single currency transaction, or £30,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) in a number of transactions over a 12 month rolling period, 1st Contact Forex requires proof of “source of funds” as prescribed by HMRC’s Money Laundering Regulations.
How do I use 1st Contact for money transfers?
- Register. Register online in under two minutes. And there is no obligation to use the account once you have registered.
- Activate. Once you register you will receive an email requesting scanned or photographed copies of your passport and proof of your physical address.
- Transfer. Log into your account. Confirm the amount you want to transfer, the currency and the recipient’s details. Pay for your transfer, and once 1st Contact receives the funds, they’ll process your transfer.
Benefits and drawbacks of using 1st Contact
- Great exchange rates. You can get better exchange rates when compared to most banks.
- Free transfers. Every fifth transfer you make using 1st Contact Forex does not incur any fees.
- No minimum. There is no minimum transfer amount.
- No cash pickup. Your recipient cannot pick up the transfer as cash.
- Slow speeds. 1st Contact is not the fastest method of making an international money transfer
What is 1st Contact Forex?
1st Contact Forex is an arm of 1st Contact, a financial services company located in London that helps international citizens pursue their lives, careers and travel aspirations in the UK. 1st Contact Forex has been helping people send money around the world for more than 20 years.
Using 1st Contact Forex to send money overseas can lead to savings. However, it’s important to compare your options to find the best way to send money abroad.