How to buy Cosmos
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Cosmos.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports ATOM.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Cosmos.
- Buy Cosmos.
Complete your Cosmos purchase and then find the best wallet to store ATOM.
What is Cosmos?
Cosmos’s network is one of many cryptocurrency projects focussed on the decentralized finance space. This blockchain intends to be the solution to sluggish, difficult-to-use and poor scaling protocols that clog up the crypto space.
A key goal of Cosmos is to provide interoperability between networks. Hundreds of different blockchains are currently live, however many have no way of integrating with one another. By improving the interaction between these networks, blockchain projects are able to expand exponentially as well as become simpler to use.
Developers are able to build applications on the protocol using pre-existing code.
ATOM is the native utility token of the Cosmos network. It is responsible for the execution of smart contracts. It is also used for economic security by serving as a reward for validators approving transactions. ATOM can be staked (lock up) on the network in exchange for additional tokens.
Cosmos (ATOM) is the 22nd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $9,458,330,331. The current price of Cosmos is $33.54, which is 0.264% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $34.54 and $32.69 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 17, 2021 06:10 UTC.
Where to buy Cosmos
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ATOM by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Cosmos at a glance
|All time high||US$2,801.99|
Cosmos price performance over time
How to sell Cosmos
You can cash out your ATOM with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ATOM on.
If you store your Cosmos in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of ATOM you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Cosmos.
What to consider when buying CosmosBuying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk:
- Competition. COSMOS is just one of many networks striving to improve scalability and accessibility for decentralized application developers. The protocol has to share the market with other, more popular protocols like Ethereum, Cardano and Solana.
- Interoperability. In February 2021, COSMOS underwent the Stargate update that allowed the integration of different blockchains on the Cosmos Mainnet. Compatible networks included Kava, Secret, Binance Chain, and Terra. This launch is one of the key features of the COSMOS network, and its successful growth over the next 12 months may play a major role in the cryptocurrency’s eventual price.
- Development team. The original founders of Cosmos were well-known figures within the FinTech industry with easy to research project backgrounds. They were responsible for the building of Tendermint, software infrastructure that can be used as the foundation for building decentralized applications. In 2020, the team, along with the board, underwent a significant refresh and a number of new developers became involved. It might be worth researching the new team in charge of COSMOS before deciding to invest.
Coins similar to Cosmos (atom)
Cosmos (atom) in news
CoinSwitch Kuber CEO Targets For 50M Indian Crypto Users in 2 Years
Sotheby’s Auction House Launches NFT Marketplace
The crypto industry royally screwed up privacy
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Cosmos, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ATOM is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Cosmos or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bytecoin (BCN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bytecoin (BCN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Sapchain (SAP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Sapchain (SAP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert