Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Band Protocol (BAND)
Learn how to buy Band Protocol (BAND) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Band Protocol
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Band Protocol is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – alipay, bank transfer, cash and neteller payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Band Protocol
You can now exchange your funds for Band Protocol. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Band Protocol to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Band Protocol
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BAND by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Band Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Band Protocol.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports BAND.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Band Protocol.
- Buy Band Protocol.
Complete your Band Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store BAND.
What to consider when buying Band ProtocolBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in BAND:
- Chain-agnostic: Band Protocol has been designed to be compatible with a wide array of blockchain networks, potentially spurring its value even further, especially as more and more dapps continue to be built outside of the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Mainstream use cases: At present, Band is used most widely within the crypto-finance sphere, with the platform currently working with a wide range of prominent data providers including Binance and CoinGecko. Furthermore, the protocol’s use cases are not limited to the finance sector. In the future, Band can potentially be employed in relation to a whole host of other domains including live scoring, weather tracking, esports data streaming and much more.
- Prominent partnerships and financial backing: The Band Protocol team has entered into a number of noteworthy partnerships over the last couple of years. For example, the platform has become a part of the OpenAPI Initiative in conjunction with mainstream tech giants such as Google and Microsoft. Also, back in 2019, Band was able to raise $3 million from a number of prominent venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital. The same year, the company was able to raise an additional $5.85 million as part of its initial exchange offering (IEO).
- Limitations: Even though Band markets itself as being blockchain agnostic, its native blockchain ecosystem has been built atop Cosmos, a platform that has been dubbed as the “Internet of blockchains” since it allows for a high degree of cross-chain compatibility. Thus, it stands to reason that Band’s future success may largely be tied to Cosmos’s future adoption since the Ethereum oracle market is currently dominated by another project called Chainlink.
How to sell Band Protocol
You can cash out your BAND with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BAND on.
If you store your Band Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BAND you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Band Protocol.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Band Protocol, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of BAND is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Band Protocol or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert