Georgia Farm Bureau car insurance review
Explore the state’s mountains or metros while locally insured with a full coverage policy.
- Get a quote if you want a streamlined quote and claims process.
- Pick something else if you’d prefer a company with highly rated customer service.
New car protection
|New car protection||No|
|Pay schedule||No info available|
|Claims methods||Online, Phone, Agent|
|Rideshare coverage||No info available|
No info available
- Local service
- Free roadside assistance
- Quick online quotes
- In-depth app services
- Mixed customer satisfaction
- Farm bureau members only
- High rates
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||No|
|Special employment discount||No|
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
The Georgia Farm Bureau boasts perks for members, including discounts on insurance, travel, entertainment and farm equipment. If you live in the Peach State and are already interested in a farm bureau membership, it’s worth getting a customized quote for car insurance.
However, this company does waver on how many customers file complaints against it each year. The bureau also seems to have high rates for the amount of coverage offered. So you might want to weigh your customized quote from an agent alongside other car insurance companies to find the best option.
How to apply
You can get a quick quote online, but you’ll need to contact your county’s local office to finish out your application. To start your policy:
- Use the local agent locator to search for the office in your county.
- Use the contact information provided to call or visit the office.
- Answer additional questions about your car and driving history.
- If you’re happy with your quote, accept the quote and give your payment details.
- Start your policy on your preferred date.
How to become a member
You can join the Georgia Farm Bureau online by visiting the membership section of its website. You’ll typically pay an annual fee between $30 to $40.
Georgia Farm Bureau reviews and complaints
The Georgia Farm Bureau isn’t rated by the Better Business Bureau as of July 31, 2020. However, the company has seen a mixed history on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) complaint index. Its 2019 score was 0.00, while its 2018 score was 16.49.
The NAIC index gives companies a score that represents the number of complaints filed compared to its business size. The standard score is 1.00 — anything above this number is more than the standard for complaints, and anything below 1.00 is less than the standard.
A lower score suggests better customer satisfaction. However, the Georgia Farm Bureau’s scores suggest that the company wavers drastically in its customer satisfaction from year to year.
Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance offers an insightful online experience, complete with online quotes, claims and app-based policy management. You can access your policy documents, contact roadside assistance, find your local agent’s contact details and report a claim all from the website or the app.
Compare alternatives to Georgia Farm Bureau
Georgia Farm Bureau car insurance quotes
|Age||Monthly rate for a man||Monthly rate for a woman|
Pros and cons
- Local service. The Georgia Farm Bureau customizes your rates to your local area while offering personal local service.
- Free roadside assistance. Every policy comes with roadside assistance free of charge.
- Quick online quotes. You can get an idea of the rates you’ll pay by going through the snappy online quoting tool. This isn’t a feature that all farm bureau websites offer.
- In-depth app services. You can manage your account from the convenience of your phone, such as filing claims. Not many local insurers provide this same app experience.
- Mixed customer satisfaction. This insurer sees few complaints from customers during some years and a steep number of complaints another, showing inconsistency with its service.
- Farm bureau members only. You’ll need to become a member before applying for coverage.
- High rates. You can expect your quote to come through higher than what’s standard for a low amount of coverage. But confirm your details with a local agent in case there are ways to lower your rate.