We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Currency exchange at JFK Airport
Where to convert your money at one of New York City’s major airports.
John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the world’s busiest airports, with millions of travelers passing through its terminals each year. If you’re flying into or out of the US through this hub, Travelex operates branches throughout the airport to exchange major and even minor currencies.
Where can I find Travelex currency exchange at JFK Airport?
Travelex operates 15 branches throughout JFK Airport’s terminals:
- Terminal 2 — Delta Terminal
- Terminal 4 Departures — 3rd Floor, Concourse A, Gate A5
- Terminal 4 Departures — 3rd Floor, Concourse B, Gate B22
- Terminal 4 Departures — 3rd Floor, Concourse B, Gate B31
- Terminal 4 Departures — 3rd Floor, East Retail Hall
- Terminal 4 Departures — 3rd Floor, West Retail Hall
- International Arrivals Terminal 4
- Terminal 5 — JetBlue Terminal Departures, Retail Hall Food Court
- Terminal 7 — British Airways Arrivals
- Terminal 7 — British Airways Departures, Food Court
- Terminal 8 — American Airlines, Concourse B, near Gate 2
- Terminal 8 — American Airlines Departures, Concourse B, near Gate 8
- Terminal 8 — American Airlines Departures, Concourse B, Gate 14
- Terminal 8 — American Airlines Departures, Concourse C, near Gate 41
- Terminal 8 — American Airlines Arrivals
This leading foreign exchange specialist also features live rates online, allowing you to know at a glance what your money is worth before converting it to another currency.
Do other companies offer currency exchange at JFK?
Yes, International Currency Exchange operates two branches in Terminal 1 — one in arrivals and the other in departures. ICE also allows you to order currency and prepaid cards online.
Can I order currency online and pick it up at JFK Airport?
Yes. Travelex allows you to order more than 60 currencies online — in fact, it suggests ordering online if you want the best rates. Pick up your order at any JFK Travelex branch.
Travelex has a $50 minimum for online orders. For less than $50, visit a Travelex store.
Can I order currency and pick it up the next day?
Yes, if you place your order online before 1 p.m. ET. If your currency isn’t available, Travelex will let you know when you can pick it up.
The Travelex Money Card is a prepaid currency card that you can load with any of six available currencies: euros, pounds sterling, Australian dollars, yen, Canadian dollars and Mexican pesos.
Use the card to pay for items or services at millions of locations worldwide or withdraw money without ATM charges.
Because the card isn’t linked to your bank account, you’re safeguarded from potential financial damage if you lose it while traveling.
Convenience is key when exchanging currency on vacation or business. Travelers passing through JFK Airport can order currency online for pickup at any of Travelex’s 15 branches prior to boarding their flights or after arrival.
To learn more about the best ways to save on cash conversions while traveling, read our comprehensive guide to exchanging currency.
Ask an Expert