Use the READYdebit Prepaid Cards like a checking account to buy the things you need everyday.
Sometimes we need tools to stay on budget and track our spending. A solution like a prepaid debit card means you’ll never spend more than you load onto the card, avoiding overdraft fees and minimum credit score requirements. READYdebit Prepaid Cards have an online application and you’re guaranteed 100% approval after successful ID verification. READYdebit even accepts you if you’re trying to rebuild your credit history and getting turned away from traditional banks.
As a cardholder, it’s simple to make a purchase online or by phone, and you can use your READYdebit Prepaid Card to pay for gas, book a flight, buy merchandise and pay your bills online.
Types of READYdebit Prepaid Cards
READYdebit’s prepaid cards offer easy online bill pay, free direct deposit, and ATM cash access. They guarantee approval and don’t require credit or ChexSystems checks. If you decide to load up your card through direct deposits, you can avoid cash checking fees. Watch out for the setup and other transaction fees involved, and be sure to understand all the fees of the card you are applying for so they don’t sneak up on you.
- No debt. Because READYdebit Prepaid Cards are not credit cards, you don’t have to worry about going into debt. The only money that can be spent on the card is the amount you choose to load beforehand. These cards take overspending out of the picture.
- No carrying cash. Instead of carrying loose cash in your wallet, you can deposit it onto the card. Cards can be loaded by direct deposit, or by loading cash with Green Dot Reload @ the Register. You can also use Visa ReadyLink at retail locations to load up the card with cash.
- Easy acceptance. You can get a READYdebit Prepaid Card even with bad or poor credit. Since you’re not opening a line of credit, you don’t have to do a ChexSystems or credit check when you apply.
- Accessible. You can use your card anywhere that accepts Visa. This includes places worldwide, online stores, gas stations and more. Your card will be accessible at over one million ATMs.
- Secure. Your money is protected by the Visa Zero Liability policy.
- No minimum balance. With READYdebit Prepaid Cards, you don’t have to worry about keeping a certain balance in your account. There’s no minimum balance requirement.
What to watch out for
Fees. Even if the card has no monthly service fee, there’s usually a small setup fee, fees for purchases, foreign transactions, using an ATM and inactivity. Read the fine print so you know which fees to look out for.
How to apply
Applying for a card is easy, and READYdebit guarantees 100% approval with successful ID verification. You’ll need to meet the following simple eligibility requirements:
- At the least 18 years old
- US citizen
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social Security number
You may also be asked to provide a copy of your driver’s license to help the ID verification process.
Frequently asked questions
Can you share money with these cards?
Yes, you can share money between two READYdebit Prepaid Cards. Plus, sharing is instant.
Is this a credit card?
READYdebit Prepaid Cards are not credit cards. Instead, they are pre and reloadable cards. This means that you don’t have to worry about interest or late fees. Additionally, these cards are not loans or cash advances.
How is this different than a checking account?
These cards do not use traditional paper checks. Instead, they use online bill pay to send paper checks.
How much money can I withdraw at one time?
You can withdraw up to $500 per day at the ATM, or $1,000 per day with a bank teller.
What's the best way to pay for gas with a prepaid card?
When purchasing gas, make sure to take your READYdebit Prepaid Card into the store, and use it as a “debit” card. If you swipe at the pump, you may have a preauthorization amount of $125 or more. If you do not have $125 available, the hold will be placed on your remaining funds.
What kind of ATM fees can I expect?
You can expect a $0.50 fee per transaction every time you check your balance at an ATM. If your card is declined at an ATM, you will accrue a $1.00 fee per transaction.
The US ATM withdrawal fee is $2.25 per transaction. To avoid the withdrawal fee, READYdebit’s website recommends selecting “debit,” and entering in your PIN when you use your card. By doing so, you will get cash back when making purchases at your retail and grocery stores.