We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
List of countries using Western Union money transfers
Western Union offers its international money transfer services to more than 200 countries worldwide.
Western Union’s global transfer network is the largest in the world, with more than 500,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories, and more than 100,000 ATMs and kiosks across the globe.
Which countries does Western Union operate in? It might be easier to list which countries it doesn’t support. Browse this list to find out if Western Union is active in the country you’d like to send or receive money in.
How does Western Union keep your money safe? Boasting a network of more than 500,000 agent locations, Western Union protects your international money transfers using digital safeguards including SSL technology.
Search the list of countries:
|Afghanistan||Dominican Republic||Lithuania||Saint Bathelemy|
|Albania||East Timor||Luxembourg||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|American Samoa||Egypt||Macedonia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Angola||Equatorial Guinea||Malawi||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Estonia||Maldives||Senegal|
|Aruba||Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)||Malta||Seychelles|
|Australia||Fiji||Marshall Islands||Sierra Leone|
|Bangladesh||French Polynesia||Mayotte||Solomon Islands|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Guadeloupe||Mozambique||Switzerland|
|British Virgin Islands||Guinea||Nauru||Tanzania|
|Burkina Faso||Haiti||New Zealand||Tonga|
|Burundi||Honduras||New Caledonia||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Cape Verde||India||Niue||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Central African Republic||Indonesia||Northern Mariana Islands||Tuvalu|
|China||Israel||Pakistan||United Arab Emirates|
|Comoros||Ivory Coast||Panama||United States|
|Congo-Brazzalville||Japan||Papua New Guinea||Uzbekistan|
|Cuba||Kiribati||Portugal||Virgin Islands (US)|
|Cyprus ( Northern )||Kuwait||Qatar||Kryghyz-Republic|
How does Western Union compare to other services?
5 options for sending money with Western Union
Depending on how you plan to transfer money to your recipient, you’ll be happy to find out that Western Union can do so in various ways. Your options for sending money are:
- Money in minutes.
- Next day service.
- By mobile phone.
- Direct to recipient’s bank account.
- To an inmate.
All transactions can be funded with either cash or a debit card linked to a bank account — all services are subject to a transaction fee. You’ll also receive a tracking number to monitor the money transfer. Depending on eligibility and restrictions, transfer times may vary.
What services are available at a Western Union agent location?
Western Union offers a variety of solutions to help customers move around money, the services available onsite are:
- Sending money. You can send money to a recipient across the world with cash or a debit card.
- Receiving money. You can pick up cash that has been sent to you with a valid form of ID.
- Bill payments. Take care of your bill payments in one convenient location. Western Union can process credit card payments, car payments, utility bills, mortgages and bills from the government.
- Money order. Fill out a money order for a specified amount to either pay for goods or services, or cash or deposit at a bank.
- Prepaid card. Western Union offers a branded prepaid Mastercard that allows you to send and receive money, deposit your paychecks and spend while earning cash back rewards at participating retailers. And since it’s a prepaid card, there’s no interest or late fees.
Ask an Expert