Chubb Insurance car insurance review
Protect your luxury or classic car with high end perks and coverage limits.
finder.com's rating: 4 / 5
- Get a quote if you value in-person support.
- Pick something else if you want a good rate on a non-luxury car.
- Drivers of high-end vehicles and classic cars get premium coverage.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months|
|New car protection||No|
- High coverage limits
- In-person support
- Great customer satisfaction
- High rates for low-value vehicles
- No online quotes
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
Roslyn McKenna is insurance publisher for Finder, where she's driven to help people get a great deal on car, life, home and other insurance to protect their families and finances. Roslyn earned a BA in writing and communications from Maryville College and has written professionally for more than a decade, showing up on Bankrate, MSN and Reader's Digest.
Chubb covers anything from Ferraris to restoration Chevys with high maximums and reputable repair services. A large customer base and long history make it one to consider, but watch for potentially spotty dealings with claims reported by customers online.
Chubb’s best-in-class coverage is ideal for high net worth individuals. Whether or not it’s for you, compare car insurance online to find the best provider fit.
Who is Chubb Insurance best for?
Those looking for top-notch coverage for their luxury or antique vehicles should feel at home with Chubb Insurance. Its high maximums and suite of products are focused on providing premium coverage to those with a net worth of $250,000 or more.
When you drive a Mercedes or Jaguar, you want a provider that offers the best possible coverage to protect it. Chubb offers such protection, but high coverage and unique add-ons come with a cost. Generally, rates are higher than what you may find at other competitors. But if you seek high-dollar coverage for your luxury vehicle, Chubb could be it.
Some of the makes Chubb typically covers include:
- Aston Martin
- Rolls Royce
What car insurance coverage does Chubb offer?
Standard coverage with Chubb includes all of the basic minimum protection you might need.
- Collision. Covers damage to your vehicle when you cause an accident.
- Comprehensive. Covers damages to your vehicle caused by anything other than an accident, such as fire and theft.
- Worldwide liability. For policies of $1 million or more, you’re covered around the world. You can also get up to $10 million for auto liability coverage.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Chubb offer?
Insuring with Chubb Masterpiece comes with full coverage and features.
- Agreed value coverage. You agree what your car is worth at the time your policy is made. If a later accident totals your car or it’s stolen, Chubb pays that agreed amount regardless of depreciation.
- Choice of repair shop. Rather than fix your car at a company-preferred shop, you can choose any repair facility you want. If you need assistance, Chubb recommends a few through its Masterpiece Auto Preference Services.
- Collectors car policies. Your restoration project or classic car is covered with perks you won’t find anywhere else. Enjoy unlimited mileage for hobby use, agreed value limits, 30 days of coverage for new additions to your collection, unlimited towing and no deductible.
- Loss of use coverage. Chubb pays up to $15,000 without a daily limit, which is nine times more than many other insurance providers’ coverage. This covers transportation, meals and lodging if you’re without a car.
- OEM parts. Pays for the original manufacturer equipment, rather than aftermarket products, ensuring your vehicle’s specialized safety systems continue working seamlessly.
- Pet injury. If your pet is injured during a car accident, you could receive up to $2,000 to pay for treatments and medications.
- Removal of personal information. Chubb will wipe any personal data from your car in the event of a total loss. Stored phone numbers, car door codes, GPS information and programmed garage door openers all get removed automatically so you don’t have to worry.
- Road service coverage. Covers up to 200 miles and labor costs for disabled vehicles with no deductible.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) coverage. Get some of the highest limits available — up to $10 million in auto liability and $1 million in UM/UIM protection.
- Worldwide rental coverage. You’re not limited to rentals in the US and Canada only. Rental reimbursement is capped at a generous $15,000, with no daily limit.
What discounts can I get with Chubb Insurance?
Chubb rewards its customers with a number of discounts that vary by state.
- Airbag and safety device discount. Vehicles equipped with safety features can earn a discount.
- Antilock brake discount. Vehicles equipped with computerized antilock braking systems can enjoy a lower rate.
- Antitheft discount. Save on premiums for having a sound, active and passive alarm systems installed on your vehicle.
- Defensive driving credit. Rates won’t go way up after a traffic violation if you sign up for defensive driving.
- Good student discount. Students can earn 10% to 15% off a policy by maintaining a specific GPA.
- Multipolicy discount. Save 10% by combining your homeowners and auto policies.
Pros and cons of Chubb car insurance
- High coverage. Coverage limits for many of Chubb’s services and products are higher than many other insurers.
- In-person support. A network of local agents are ready to assist you whenever you need the help.
- High customer satisfaction. Online customers are happy with Chubb, with many highlighting the helpfulness of its agents.
- High rates for low-value vehicles. Chubb is geared for those with high-value vehicles. Otherwise, you might find lower rates elsewhere.
- No online quotes. Chubb leaves quotes to its network of independent agents.
Compare Chubb competitors
What do customers say about Chubb Insurance?
Online reviews are a mixed bag, earning either extreme accolades or one star write-ups. On one hand, many customers say they’re happy with Chubb’s specialist agents that offer no-hassle quotes and assistance, when needed. Others complain that claims require too much documentation before they’re paid out — in one case, a video from a nearby establishment — and that agents aren’t the best with returning calls.
Chubb earns an A+ from the Better Business Bureau as of February 2020, though it’s not accredited by the agency. It ranks above average in J.D. Power’s 2019 US Property Claims Satisfaction Study, a good sign of a smooth claims process.
How to apply for Chubb car insurance
Chubb doesn’t offer online quotes. To get a quote or sign up for a policy, you’ll need to contact an independent Chubb insurance agent.
How to find an Chubb Insurance agent near me
- Go to the Chubb personal insurance website
- Click Find an agent in the top navigation bar
- Enter your ZIP code to see a list of nearby independent agents
- Call or visit an agent closest to you for a free quote
How to file a car insurance claim with Chubb
To make a claim online, log in to your online Chubb account and complete a claims application. A Chubb claims support specialist will be in touch with next steps and required documentation.
When reporting your claim, ready:
- Your Chubb policy number
- The date the incident occurred
- The location of the incident
- A brief description of the incident
- The contact information for any of other parties involved
You can also start the claims process by calling your independent Chubb agent or 800-252-4670 at any time.
How do I contact Chubb Insurance?
Get help with general questions, queries about your policy and more by contacting your local Chubb agent. For questions or feedback, call 877-513-2338 or use the online contact form.
- Visit the Chubb website and click Contact us in the top menu
- Enter your full name, ZIP code, email address and phone number, then type out your message
- Click Send message
Frequently asked questions about Chubb car insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.