Chubb Insurance car insurance review
Protect your luxury or classic car with high end perks and coverage limits.
finder.com’s rating: 4 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you value in-person support.
- Pick something else if you want a good rate on a non-luxury car.
- Drivers of high-end vehicles and classic cars get premium coverage.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months|
|New car protection||No|
- High coverage limits
- In-person support
- Great customer satisfaction
- High rates for low-value vehicles
- No online quotes
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
|Temporary & short term coverage||No|
As an insurance publisher for finder.com, Roslyn McKenna is driven to help people get a great deal on car insurance so they can enjoy the ride. Roslyn has put her Bachelor of Arts in Writing and Communications to good use by covering topics ranging from finance to insurance.
Chubb covers anything from Ferraris to restoration Chevys with high maximums and reputable repair services. A large customer base and long history make it one to consider, but watch for potentially spotty dealings with claims reported by customers online.
Chubb’s best-in-class coverage is ideal for high net worth individuals. Whether or not it’s for you, compare car insurance online to find the best provider fit.
Who is Chubb Insurance best for?
Those looking for top-notch coverage for their luxury cars or antique vehicles should feel at home with Chubb Insurance. Its insurance products are focused on providing premium coverage to those with a high net worth of $250,000 or more. You’ll find high maximums and a suite of products geared for affluent customers.
When you drive a Mercedes or Jaguar, you want a provider that offers the best possible coverage to protect it. Chubb offers stronger protection with high maximums, worldwide rental car coverage, guaranteed OEM (original manufacturer equipment) and more. Chubb’s high coverage and unique add-ons come with a cost. Generally, rates are higher than what you may find at other competitors. But if you seek high-dollar coverage for your luxury vehicle, Chubb could be it.
Some of the cars Chubb typically covers include Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Bentley, Cadillac, Ferrari, Fiat, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lexus, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, Rolls Royce and Tesla models.
What car insurance coverage does Chubb offer?
Chubb’s tagline says there’s ordinary auto insurance, and then there’s Chubb. Standard coverage includes liability, collision and comprehensive. Insuring with Chubb Masterpiece comes with full coverage and features.
- Collision. Covers damage to your vehicle when you cause an accident.
- Comprehensive. Covers damages to your vehicle caused by anything other than an accident, such as fire and theft.
- Worldwide liability. For policies of $1 million or more, you’re covered around the world. You can also get up to $10 million for auto liability coverage.
- Agreed value coverage. You agree what your car is worth at the time your policy is made. If a later accident totals your car or it’s stolen, Chubb pays that agreed amount.
- Choice of repair shop. Rather than fix your car at a provider-preferred shop, you can choose any repair facility you want. If you need assistance, Chubb recommends a few through its Masterpiece Auto Preference Services (MAPS).
- Loss of use coverage. Chubb pays up to $15,000 without a daily limit, which is nine times more than many other insurance providers’ coverage. This covers transportation, meals and lodging if you’re without a car.
- OEM parts. Pays for the original manufacturer equipment, rather than aftermarket products, ensuring your vehicle’s specialized safety systems continue working seamlessly.
- High uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) coverage. Get some of the highest limits available, up to $10 million in auto liability and $1 million in UM/UIM protection.
- Worldwide rental coverage. You’re not limited to rentals in the US and Canada only. Rental reimbursement is capped at a generous $15,000, with no daily limit.
- Road service coverage. Covers up to 200 miles and labor costs for disabled vehicles with no deductible.
- Collectors car policies. Your restoration project or classic car is covered with perks you won’t find anywhere else. Enjoy unlimited mileage for hobby use, agreed value limits, 30 days of coverage for new additions to your collection, unlimited towing and no deductible.
What discounts can I get with Chubb Insurance?
Chubb rewards its customers with a number of discounts that vary by state.
- Airbag and safety device discount. Vehicles equipped with safety features can earn a discount.
- Antilock brake discount. Vehicles equipped with computerized antilock braking systems can enjoy a lower rate.
- Antitheft discount. Save on premiums for having a sound, active and passive alarm systems installed on your vehicle.
- Multipolicy discount. Save 10% by combining your homeowners and auto policies.
- Defensive driving credit. Rates won’t go way up after a traffic violation if you sign up for defensive driving.
- Good student discount. Students can earn 10% to 15% off a policy by maintaining a specific GPA.
Pros and cons of Chubb car insurance
- High coverage. Coverage limits for many of Chubb’s services and products are higher than many other insurers.
- In-person support. A network of local agents are ready to assist you whenever you need the help.
- High customer satisfaction. Online customers are happy with Chubb, with many highlighting the helpfulness of its agents.
- High rates for low value vehicles. Chubb is geared for those with high value vehicles. Otherwise, you might find lower rates elsewhere.
- No online quotes. Given its focus of the insurance products, Chubb leaves quotes to its network of independent agents.
Compare Chubb competitors
What do customers say about Chubb Insurance?
Online reviews are a mixed bag, earning either extreme accolades or one star write-ups. On one hand, many customers say they’re happy with Chubb’s specialist agents that offer no-hassle quotes and assistance, when needed. Others complain that claims require too much documentation before they’re paid out — in one case, a video from a nearby establishment — and that agents aren’t the best with returning calls.
Chubb earns a B+ from the Better Business Bureau, though it’s not accredited with the BBB. It ranks second only to Amica in J.D. Power’s 2018 U.S. Property Claims Satisfaction Study, a good sign of a smooth claims process.
How to apply for Chubb car insurance
Chubb does not offer online quotes. To get a quote or sign up for a policy, you’ll need to contact an independent Chubb insurance agent. Provide your name and contact information, your driver’s license and the make and model of your car.
How to find an Chubb Insurance agent near me
- Visit Chubb’s personal insurance website.
- Click Find an Agent in the top navigation bar.
- Enter your ZIP code to see a list of nearby independent agents.
- Call or visit an agent closest to you for a free quote.
How to make a car insurance claim with Chubb
To make a claim online, log in to your online Chubb account and complete a claims application. A Chubb claims support specialist will be in touch with next steps and required documentation.
When reporting your claim, ready:
- Your Chubb policy number.
- The date the incident occurred.
- The location of the incident.
- A brief description of the incident.
- The contact information for any of the other parties involved.
You can also start the claims process by calling your independent Chubb agent or 800-252-4670 at any time.
Chubb strives for an easy, streamlined claims process for its customers. Its claims support specialists work to find simple solutions, readily paying out claims after resolution.
According to Chubb, 97% of its clients who receive payment on a claim are highly satisfied with their claims experience.
Does Chubb Insurance offer other types of insurance?
Yes, Chubb offers a full suite of coverage designed to protect you, your family, your assets and even your business.
- Family protection. Chubb reimburses you for medical expenses, psychiatric services and other treatment prescribed by a physician after a home invasion, stalking threats, carjackings or road rage incidents.
- Valuables. Protect your high-value jewelry, artwork or antiques with coverage outside of home insurance.
- Boats and yachts. Get coverage for small boats, yachts and mega yachts.
- Home insurance. Options include extended replacement cost coverage, risk consulting through home appraisals, temporary living arrangements if your home can’t be lived in due to a covered loss, cash settlements in the event of a covered total loss and more.
- Excess liability. More than your typical umbrella policy, Chubb offers up to $50 million in excess liability.
- Travel protection. From trip delays to coverage for accidents, Chubb helps make your trip as worry-free as possible.
- Wildfire, flood and earthquake. In select areas, Chubb can help minimize damage before and after a disaster.
- Farm and ranch. From horse ranches to complex corporate farms, tailor protection to your specific needs.
- Small business. Coverage includes workers’ compensation, liability protection, cyber risk management and more.
- Cyber and identity theft. After a cyber attack or exposure of personal info, Chubb helps by replacing stolen money from accounts, covering fraudulent charges and reimbursing stolen digital property due to ransomware attacks.
What is Chubb Insurance?
Started in 1882 by Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son, Percy, Chubb Insurance was originally an underwriting business focused on insuring ships and cargo. Over the years, Chubb added products and services that include auto and home insurance. In 2016, ACE Limited acquired Chubb, growing this leading global insurer with more than $160 billion in assets under management.
Today, Chubb’s auto insurance coverage focuses on such luxury brands as Lexus, Mercedes Benz and Jaguar. It stands out from other providers with high coverage maximums and worldwide coverage. If you insure with Chubb, you can rest easy knowing your luxury vehicle is getting best-in-class protection.
Frequently asked questions about Chubb car insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.