You could have access to decent loan terms and other important financial products when you choose this lender.
When you apply with Check City, you can rest assured that it is a legitimate lender with your needs in mind. Check City is licensed in each state it operates, whether it has storefronts or online shops, and it specializes in lending services.
|Min Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Max. Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Loan Term||Varies by state|
|Turnaround Time||Next day|
|Costs||Depends on state of residency.|
|Requirements||You must have a checking account, photo ID and steady income.|
- Have a steady source of income
- A current State or Federal ID
- A Checking Account
States where Check City offers loans:
- North Dakota
If you don’t live in one of these states, be sure to look at our payday loan guide to find out which lenders offer loans in your state.
What benefits come with a Check City payday loan?
Check City offers quite a few benenfits when you choose to borrow a short-term loan.
- Online and in-store pickup. Depending on your state of residence, you may be able to visit a Check City store and have your loan application processed in-person.
- Quick processing. When applying in-store, the loan approval process only takes a few minutes, and you can receive your cash the same day. When applying online, funds are usually deposited into your bank account by the next day.
- Multiple services. Check City’s services are not limited to payday loans. In any Check City store, you have access to a number of products.
- Bad credit is OK. Your ability to repay matters more than your credit score, but you should still expect to be charged a hefty financing fee on top of a high APR for every loan you take out with Check City.
- Responsible lender. Not only is Check City an accredited business with a BBB rating of A+, it’s also a member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) and the Utah Consumer Lending Association (UCLA), guaranteeing that you’ll be treated fairly when you apply.
How do Check City payday loans compare?
Products offered by Check City
In addition to payday loans, Check City also provides access to these services:
- Cash advances
- Check cashing
- Installment loans
- Business check cashing
- Installment title loans
- Title loans
- Money orders
- Prepaid debit cards
- Prepaid wireless
- Gold buying
- Money transfers
- Tax services
- Bill pay services
You may not have access to every product or service depending on your state of residence.
What are the costs of borrowing from Check City?
Like all payday loans, Check City payday loans are a costly form of credit. Actual fees and interest will vary depending on your state. When you receive your loan offer document, you’ll have a chance to review the cost of your loan and its full terms before you sign.
If you roll over or refinance your loan, you should expect a processing fee in addition to having to pay off two loans. Many states have banned payday loan refinancing because of this. Avoid taking out a loan if you can’t afford it. Otherwise, you may be paying double or triple your original borrowed amount.
Is Check City legit?
Yes. Check City is a a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited business and has an A- rating with over 90% positive reviews. Its rates and terms are transparent. You can expect full disclosure of all the costs before you apply, and if you have questions at any point in the application or repayment process, it has both a customer service line and chat to help answer your questions.
Are Check City loans safe?
How do I apply?
You can apply for a Check City payday loan by visiting any Check City location or their website.
- Reside in a state serviced by Check City
- Have a regular source of income
- Have an open checking account
- Be at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Your complete name, date of birth, Social Security number
- Your address, email and phone number
- Your income and employment information
- Your bank account number and routing number
Check City has been making loans for over a decade and has a commitment to clear, transparent terms. If you find yourself in an emergency financial situation and need a small loan to help, then Check City may be a good option for you. As with all short-term loans, it’s important that you compare your options before making a final decision.