Get access to funds quickly through a payday loan, and apply even if you have bad credit.
Check City is an American state licensed lender that abides by all state and federal lending laws to give its customers peace of mind. With stores spread across Utah, Nevada, Virginia, and Colorado, this lender specializes in providing short-term loans, but it provides various other services as well. Some of these include money orders, prepaid debit cards, prepaid wireless services, gold buying services, tax services, and insurance solutions.
Check City lets you apply for a loan even if you don’t have good credit history. Their online application process is quick and easy and you can look forward to quick approval and disbursement of funds.
|Product Name||Check City Payday Loan|
|Min Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Max. Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Loan Term||Varies upon state|
|Turnaround Time||Next day|
|Total Cost of Borrowing $100||Depends on state of residency.|
|Requirements||You must have a checking account, photo ID and a steady income.|
Check City Payday Loans Review
Check City provides loan services in 17 states which include: Alabama, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. There are quite a few options for what type of loan you can get as well. You can get a short term loan such as a cash advance or payday loan, or an installment loan if you’re looking for something longer. You can even use your vehicle as collateral for an auto title loan if you need to.
- Product Name: Check City
- Loan Term: Up to 31 days
- APR: Varies between 214.71% and 920.17% depending on your state of residency and loan terms
- Borrower maximums: Varies
Are payday loans legal in your state?
Hover over your state of residence (or click on your state if you’re using a mobile device) to find out if payday loans are legal in your state.
What benefits come with a Check City Payday Loan?
Getting a Check City Payday Loan can help you get by until your next payday, and here’s what you can expect as a Check City customer:
- Quick processing. The online or in-store application takes little time to complete, after which you can expect to find out about the application’s status almost immediately. Once approved, you can get access to your money within 24 hours or the next business day.
- Apply if you have bad credit history. While most conventional lenders follow strict lending criteria and people with poor creditworthiness stand little chance of getting approved, this is not the case with Check City, which accepts applications from individuals with poor credit history as long as the applicant has the ability to repay.
- Quicker process for repeat customers. Once you repay your first Check City loan completely you can look forward to considerably quicker processing for all further loan applications.
- Reward for referrals. Each time you refer a customer to Check City you stand to earn a cash reward, and the referred customer gets an offer with a discount on loan fees. Through the preferred member program, you can look forward to discounts with loans you take in the future.
The costs of borrowing from Check City
Check City gives you a clear indication of all associated fees and charges at the very onset through the loan offer document. These fees and charges vary from state to state, and whether you apply online or in-store can also have a bearing on these costs. The cost of the loan, or the Annual Percentage Rate (APR), can vary depending on the loan term. Loan renewals and extensions attract fees, and you might have to pay late fees, NSF fees, and finance charges as the loan progresses.
Are Check City loans safe?
Check City is a state licensed lender, so you know you’re dealing with a trustworthy establishment. You get to review all applicable costs at the very onset. You also get a right to rescind, through which you can return proceeds from the loan within 24 hours at no extra cost.
Check City is also a member of the Online Lenders Association (OLA), and abide by a Code of Conduct and list of Best Practices to make sure customers receive fair treatment and remain fully informed.
How you can apply
You can apply for a Check City Payday Loan by visiting any Check City store, and you can also apply online. Make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You have a checking account
- You have a valid photo ID
- You have a regular source of income
To complete the application, prepare to part with a variety of information, which comprises the following.
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, social security number, home address, email address, and phone number
- Income and employment information like your gross monthly income, pay period, next payday, and employer’s name and phone number
- You bank account number and ABA/routing number.
- Identity information from your driver’s license, state-issued ID, military ID, or passport
Frequently asked questions
Is Check City a direct lender?
Yes, Check City has a license to operate in each state that it offers loans in and is a direct lender. Only in Texas, it services loans through an affiliated short-term loan provider.
Can I apply over the phone?
Yes, you’re able to do this. Keep in mind you will need to fax documents to Check City in order to apply via this method.
How do I make repayments?
One way is to authorize Check City to debit your account on the day the payment is due. You can also repay it using cash and credit or debit cards, in-store or over the phone.
How do I receive proceeds from the loan?
If you apply online, approved funds transfer into your nominated bank account. If you apply in-store, you get cash.
Can I pay the loan amount ahead of time?
Yes, you can pay the loan off completely before the end of the term without incurring any penalties.