Get access to funds quickly through a payday loan from Check City, even if you have bad credit.
When you apply with Check City, you can rest assured that it is a legitimate lender with your needs in mind. Check City is licensed in each state it operates, whether it has storefronts or online shops, and it specializes in lending services.
Our review below details all the important info you’ll need to know before you apply for a Check City payday loan.
|Min Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Max. Loan Amount||Depends on state of residency|
|Loan Term||Varies by state|
|Turnaround Time||Next day|
|Costs||Depends on state of residency.|
|Requirements||You must have a checking account, photo ID and steady income.|
- Have a steady source of income
- A current State or Federal ID
- A Checking Account
- Product Name: Check City Payday Loans
- Loan Term: Up to 31 days depending on state regulations
- APR: Varies by state and loan terms, but can be as higher than 920.17%
- Borrower maximums: Varies by state
What benefits come with a Check City payday loan?
As a Check City customer you can expect:
- Quick processing. When applying in-store, the loan approval process only takes a few minutes, and you can receive your cash the same day. When applying online, funds are usually deposited into your bank account by the next day.
- Multiple services. Check City’s services are not limited to payday loans. In any Check City store, you have access to a number of products. See the list below.
- Bad credit is OK. What matters more than your credit score is your ability to repay, but you should still expect to be charged a hefty financing on top of a high APR for every loan you take out with Check City.
- Responsible lender. Not only is Check City an accredited business with a BBB rating of A+, it’s also a member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) and the Utah Consumer Lending Association (UCLA), guaranteeing that you’ll be treated fairly when you apply.
How do Check City payday loans compare?
Products offered by Check City
In addition to payday loans, Check City also provides
- Cash advances
- Check cashing
- Installment loans
- Business check cashing
- Installment title loans
- Title loans
- Money orders
- Prepaid debit cards
- Prepaid wireless
- Gold buying
- Money transfers
- Tax services
- Bill pay services
What are the costs of borrowing from Check City?
Like all payday loans, Check City payday loans are a costly form of credit. Actual fees and interest will vary depending on what state you live in, but when you receive your loan offer document, you’ll have a chance to review all the important information on costs before you sign.
If you roll over or refinance your loan, you should expect a fee for the process in addition to having to pay two loans off–your first in full and now your second. Many states have banned payday loan refinancing because of this, so avoid taking out a loan if you can’t afford it. Otherwise, you may be paying double or triple your original borrowed amount.
With Check City, you can expect full disclosure of all the costs before you apply, and if you have questions at any point in the application or repayment process, it has members on staff to help answer you.
Are Check City loans safe?
Check City vows to stand by their word and services. Every Check City loan is legal and backed by lending laws, and all information you supply is kept secure on encrypted servers.
How do I apply?
You can apply for a Check City payday loan by visiting any Check City location or their website.
- Be at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Have a checking account
- Have a regular source of income
- Your complete name, date of birth, Social Security number, home address, email address and phone number
- Your income and employment information
- Your bank account number and routing number
- Identity information from a valid form of ID
Frequently asked questions
Is Check City a direct lender?
Yes! Check City is licensed in each state where it operates and is the direct lender of your loan (with the exception of Texas, where Check City services your loan through an affiliated short-term loan provider).
Can I apply over the phone?
Yes. Keep in mind you will need to fax documents to Check City in order to apply by this method.
How do I make payments?
There are a number of ways to make payments on your loan. Funds can be drafted from your bank account, Check City can deposit the check you left as collateral, or you can pay using cash or a debit card. Repayment options depend on whether you applied for the loan in-store or online.
How do I receive proceeds from the loan?
If you apply online, approved funds transfer into your nominated bank account. If you apply in-store, you will receive cash.
Can I pay the loan amount ahead of time?
Yes, you can pay the loan off completely before the end of the term without incurring any penalties.