Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Kia Telluride car insurance rates
Equipped with a set of safety features that could lower your premium.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Kia Telluride is a new model, so there isn’t an average insurance cost available yet. However, if you compare it to the Sorento — which the same chassis as the Telluride — you can expect to pay an average of $175 per month, or $2,100 annually. Your actual insurance rates depends on factors like your driving record, gender and age.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Kia Telluride
How do I compare insurance for the Telluride?
If you bought the Telluride new, you’ll likely pay more than someone insuring a used Telluride. This can affect the price of your insurance along with other factors, such as:
- Body type. The Telluride is a five-door, midsize SUV with three rows and up to eight passenger seating. Since it’s an SUV, it could be slightly more expensive to insure than a sedan.
- Fuel. All models come with a 3.8-liter gasoline engine with a 20/26 city/highway mpg. Gas engines are typically less expensive to insure than diesel vehicles.
- Theft rates. As a 2020 model, there are no available theft rates yet. However, Kias are known for slightly higher theft rates.
- Maintenance. Kias usually have affordable maintenance costs around $400 per year. It’s cheaper to repair after an accident, which can help lower your insurance rates.
- Coverage. Extra seats mean extra passengers. Consider higher liability and personal injury protection limits to cover everyone in your family or carpool.
- Warranty. Kia offers an impressively long warranty on new vehicles. Since roadside assistance is free, you won’t need to add it to your car insurance for the first five years you own the vehicle. This warranty includes:
- 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
- 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan
Does the Kia Telluride qualify for car insurance discounts?
The Telluride comes equipped with some safety features that may lower the cost of your premium:
- Rollover sensor
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Highway driving assist
- Surround view monitor
How reliable is the Kia Telluride?
- Safety. Being a new model, the Telluride isn’t yet rated by the NHTSA or the IIHS. But J.D. Power gives Kias an overall dependability rating of 3 out of 5 stars and an overall quality rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
- Reliability. There’s no J.D. Power predicted reliability rating yet. The Telluride’s cousin, the Sorento, was awarded 5 stars by the IIHS and NHTSA, so expect similar reliability ratings for this new model.
- Recalls. As of this writing, there have been no vehicle recalls for the Telluride. The related Sorento was part of the major Kia recall for braking issues in 2013. And the more recent issue in 2019, when cars were recalled for catching fire due to fuel leaks from improper recall repairs.
The Telluride is a new SUV from Kia, which may cost around $175 per month to insure. Compared to similar SUVs, this is the average insurance price.
Before you decide on a policy, compare your options to find the best insurance rate.
Frequently asked questions about the Kia Telluride
More guides on Finder
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Oct 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
Hagerty classic car insurance review October 2020
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Compare car insurance after a life event
When life changes, re-evaluating your policy can help you save on your car insurance premium.
How does coronavirus affect car insurance?
The virus won’t change coverage, but it could affect claims and communication with your insurance company.
Compare crossover insurance
Make sure your insurance covers your crossover for wherever you want to take it.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
Compare hatchback insurance
Take advantage of the hatchback’s body style and economy engine to save on your insurance.