We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Kia Telluride car insurance rates
Equipped with a set of safety features that could lower your premium.
The Kia Telluride is a new model, so there isn’t an average insurance cost available yet. However, if you compare it to the Sorento — which the same chassis as the Telluride — you can expect to pay an average of $175 per month, or $2,100 annually. Your actual insurance rates depends on factors like your driving record, gender and age.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Our top pick: Progressive
Save up to 31% with safe driver discounts and bundling all your rides in one convenient policy.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience
- Easy online sign-up and reporting
- Multiple discounts available
- Transparent quoting
Compare car insurance for your Kia Telluride
How do I compare insurance for the Telluride?
If you bought the Telluride new, you’ll likely pay more than someone insuring a used Telluride. This can affect the price of your insurance along with other factors, such as:
- Body type. The Telluride is a five-door, midsize SUV with three rows and up to eight passenger seating. Since it’s an SUV, it could be slightly more expensive to insure than a sedan.
- Fuel. All models come with a 3.8-liter gasoline engine with a 20/26 city/highway mpg. Gas engines are typically less expensive to insure than diesel vehicles.
- Theft rates. As a 2020 model, there are no available theft rates yet. However, Kias are known for slightly higher theft rates.
- Maintenance. Kias usually have affordable maintenance costs around $400 per year. It’s cheaper to repair after an accident, which can help lower your insurance rates.
- Coverage. Extra seats mean extra passengers. Consider higher liability and personal injury protection limits to cover everyone in your family or carpool.
Warranty. Kia offers an impressively long warranty on new vehicles. Since roadside assistance is free, you won’t need to add it to your car insurance for the first five years you own the vehicle. This warranty includes:
- 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
- 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan
Does the Kia Telluride qualify for car insurance discounts?
The Telluride comes equipped with some safety features that may lower the cost of your premium:
- Rollover sensor
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Highway driving assist
- Surround view monitor
How reliable is the Kia Telluride?
- Safety. Being a new model, the Telluride isn’t yet rated by the NHTSA or the IIHS. But J.D. Power gives Kias an overall dependability rating of 3 out of 5 stars and an overall quality rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
- Reliability. There’s no J.D. Power predicted reliability rating yet. The Telluride’s cousin, the Sorento, was awarded 5 stars by the IIHS and NHTSA, so expect similar reliability ratings for this new model.
- Recalls. As of this writing, there have been no vehicle recalls for the Telluride. The related Sorento was part of the major Kia recall for braking issues in 2013. And the more recent issue in 2019, when cars were recalled for catching fire due to fuel leaks from improper recall repairs.
The Telluride is a new SUV from Kia, which may cost around $175 per month to insure. Compared to similar SUVs, this is the average insurance price.
Before you decide on a policy, compare your options to find the best insurance rate.