Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Hyundai Venue car insurance rates
Good safety ratings and a low sticker price can help keep rates reasonable for this new SUV.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The average insurance cost for the Hyundai Venue is expected to be between $150 and $170 a month. This makes its annual insurance cost-to-base ratio around 10%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 4%, but not unreasonable for an SUV.
Designed to appeal to “urban adventurers,” the higher risk associated with driving in cities could be partly why insurance on the Venue is expected to be more expensive than similar SUVs.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Hyundai Venue
How do I compare insurance for the Venue?
Many factors that determine your insurance rates, including ones that are specific to the vehicle. Some of these include:
- Body type. The Hyundai Venue is a subcompact crossover SUV, which are cheaper than sedans but pricier than trucks to insure.
- Fuel. At an estimated 33 mpg combined, you’ll be able to save a little money on fuel compared to other SUVs.
- Theft rates. According to NHTSA statistics as of November 2019, Hyundai SUVs have a generally low theft rate — this helps keep its insurance rates down.
- Maintenance. Average annual maintenance costs on the Venue’s cousin model, the Santa Fe, are around $515 according to Repair Pal’s website as of November 2019. Low maintenance costs could help keep insurance rates low.
- Coverage. Consider keeping both collision and comprehensive coverage on a new Venue.
- Warranty. The Venue comes with Hyundai’s limited five-year, 60,000-mile warranty, or its 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty. Both warranties include roadside assistance, which allows you to skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Official offers for the 2020 Venue haven’t been released at the time of this writing, but Hyundai typically has offers for its newest models, such as 0% APR financing.
Does the Hyundai Venue qualify for discounts?
If your Hyundai Venue comes with the following features, you could save extra with safety discounts:
- Antilock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Passive restraint discount
- Airbag discount
How reliable is the Hyundai Venue?
The Venue model has only been on the market since 2019, so there isn’t much historical data available. Other Hyundai SUVs that have been around for longer point to great safety and reliability ratings.
- Safety. The 2019 Hyundai Tucson, a similar compact SUV, was awarded the Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). Another similar model, the Santa Fe, has also received the top safety pick plus award, in addition to being awarded a 5-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Reliability. JD Power has awarded the Hyundai Santa Fe with its Most Dependable award in 2016, as well as its Highest Quality award in 2019. With strong marks for reliability on its other SUV models, you can expect the Hyundai Venue to receive similar ratings.
- Recalls. Hyundai issued a recall on some of its Santa Fe models as recent as 2017, so there is some recall risk with the Venue.
The 2020 Hyundai Venue is the smallest, most affordable subcompact SUV in the Hyundai lineup. Strong safety ratings should help lower its insurance rates, though the rates will likely start out with a high cost-to-base ratio.
To find the lowest rates on your Venue, compare discounts and options from different insurance companies.
Frequently asked questions about the Hyundai Venue
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.