We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Hyundai Venue car insurance rates
Good safety ratings and a low sticker price can help keep rates reasonable for this new SUV.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The average insurance cost for the Hyundai Venue is expected to be between $150 and $170 a month. This makes its annual insurance cost-to-base ratio around 10%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 4%, but not unreasonable for an SUV.
Designed to appeal to “urban adventurers,” the higher risk associated with driving in cities could be partly why insurance on the Venue is expected to be more expensive than similar SUVs.
Compare car insurance for your Hyundai Venue
How do I compare insurance for the Venue?
Many factors that determine your insurance rates, including ones that are specific to the vehicle. Some of these include:
- Body type. The Hyundai Venue is a subcompact crossover SUV, which are cheaper than sedans but pricier than trucks to insure.
- Fuel. At an estimated 33 mpg combined, you’ll be able to save a little money on fuel compared to other SUVs.
- Theft rates. According to NHTSA statistics as of November 2019, Hyundai SUVs have a generally low theft rate — this helps keep its insurance rates down.
- Maintenance. Average annual maintenance costs on the Venue’s cousin model, the Santa Fe, are around $515 according to Repair Pal’s website as of November 2019. Low maintenance costs could help keep insurance rates low.
- Coverage. Consider keeping both collision and comprehensive coverage on a new Venue.
- Warranty. The Venue comes with Hyundai’s limited five-year, 60,000-mile warranty, or its 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty. Both warranties include roadside assistance, which allows you to skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Official offers for the 2020 Venue haven’t been released at the time of this writing, but Hyundai typically has offers for its newest models, such as 0% APR financing.
Does the Hyundai Venue qualify for discounts?
If your Hyundai Venue comes with the following features, you could save extra with safety discounts:
- Antilock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Passive restraint discount
- Airbag discount
How reliable is the Hyundai Venue?
The Venue model has only been on the market since 2019, so there isn’t much historical data available. Other Hyundai SUVs that have been around for longer point to great safety and reliability ratings.
- Safety. The 2019 Hyundai Tucson, a similar compact SUV, was awarded the Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). Another similar model, the Santa Fe, has also received the top safety pick plus award, in addition to being awarded a 5-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Reliability. JD Power has awarded the Hyundai Santa Fe with its Most Dependable award in 2016, as well as its Highest Quality award in 2019. With strong marks for reliability on its other SUV models, you can expect the Hyundai Venue to receive similar ratings.
- Recalls. Hyundai issued a recall on some of its Santa Fe models as recent as 2017, so there is some recall risk with the Venue.
The 2020 Hyundai Venue is the smallest, most affordable subcompact SUV in the Hyundai lineup. Strong safety ratings should help lower its insurance rates, though the rates will likely start out with a high cost-to-base ratio.
To find the lowest rates on your Venue, compare discounts and options from different insurance companies.
Frequently asked questions about the Hyundai Venue
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.