Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card review
Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases while you build your credit.
- Get this card if you need to build or rebuild your credit score and you want to earn great cash back while you do so.
- Pick something else if you have no prior credit history or you have a good enough credit score to qualify for a standard rewards card.
- Apply with a poor credit score of 300 or higher.
Up to 5%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Steven Dashiell is Senior Writer, Personal Finance at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, NASDAQ, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card is a new secured credit card option from Capital One that offers cash back on all purchases. The card earns an unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases, 5% back on hotels and car rentals booked through Capital One Travel, has no annual fee, carries an ongoing APR of 26.99% variable and requires a security deposit of $200 in exchange for a $200 credit line.
The Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card punches well above its weight class when it comes to rewards and features. Secured cards rarely offer rewards, let alone 1.5% back on all purchases – the traditional cash back standard for non-secured rewards cards. The card is respectful of your finances, charging no annual fee and charges a minimum of $200 for your security deposit while giving you the option to deposit more for a higher limit depending on your creditworthiness.
The only potential downside to the card is the high ongoing APR, though if you’re using your card correctly and paying off your balance in full, this shouldn’t be an issue. If you have poor credit and need to rebuild your credit score, the Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards should be one of your top choices for a secured card.
How to apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card
You can apply for this card by doing the following.
- Select Apply now.
- Click Continue to my application.
- Fill out the requested information and click Continue to complete the application.
Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card benefits
- Build your credit score. The Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card reports to all three major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.
- Earn rewards. You’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases made using this secured card. You can also earn 5% back on hotels and car rentals booked through Capital One Travel.
- Potentially low security deposit. This card’s credit limit starts at $200.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this secured card.
- No foreign transaction fees. If you happen to make purchases abroad with this card, you won’t incur a fee on your purchase.
Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card drawbacks
- High APR. While this isn’t uncommon for a secured card, the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card‘s ongoing APR is higher than average at 26.99% variable. This shouldn’t be a problem so long as you pay off your balance each month.
- Unknown upgrade options. Capital One hasn’t stated whether this card offers an upgrade opportunity to a non-secured card after enough use.
Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card customer reviews and complaints
The Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card has only just launched and so customer reviews aren’t yet available. However, Capital One is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and has a rating of A as of October 2021. It has a rating of 1.3 out of 5 with Trustpilot, which tracks customer satisfaction and customer service.
Compare secured credit cards
Explore your options by minimum deposit required, purchase APR, annual fee and minimum credit score. Select the Apply now button to begin your application for a particular card.
If you’re looking to rebuild credit or even build credit for the first time, the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the top picks on the market. Few other secured cards offer the combination of rewards, no annual fees and low opening deposit, making this card feel more like a standard credit card than a secured card. For an idea of how this card stacks up against the competition, you can check out more secured cards.
What’s changed with the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card
|05/17/2022||Added: Earn 5% back on hotels or car rentals booked through Capital One Travel.|