Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Capital One® Platinum Credit Card vs. Capital One® Secured Mastercard®
One is an unsecured card and one is a secured credit-building card.
Both these cards are meant for building credit, but the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card is an unsecured card that requires at least a fair credit score to apply. The Capital One® Secured Mastercard®, on the other hand, is a secured card where you can apply with poor credit. Both cards have a $0 annual fee.
Compare other features in the table below.
Summary of card features
Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
- No annual fee
- Higher credit line after five on-time payments
- Qualify with average credit
Capital One® Secured Mastercard®
- You'll pay no annual fee to use this card.
- Depending on your credit, you may pay a security deposit as low as $49 and still get a $200 credit limit.
- Make your first 5 monthly payments on time and Capital One will raise your credit limit.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert