We look at the best cards for travel, airline rewards, cash back and more for your small business.
Bank of America doesn’t have as many cards in its business suite as other issuers. But the few cards the bank does offer have great perks that can help you save money while avoiding high interest in the long run.
Compare Bank of America business credit cards
Use our table to sort Bank of America business credit cards by name, intro APR, annual fee and more. Check the Compare box under up to four cards you’re interested in. Then click the orange Compare button to see a side-by-side comparison of fees, requirements and features. To learn more about a specific card, click More info to read our review.
Best Bank of America credit cards
Bank of America credit cards fall into several categories, each with benefits and potential drawbacks to consider.
Jump to …
- Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card: Best business card for travel rewards
- Alaska Airlines Visa® Business Card: Best business card for airline rewards
- Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card: Best business card for cashback rewards
- Platinum Visa® Business Credit Card: Best business card for purchases
Best business card for travel rewards: Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
For small businesses looking for a general rewards card, the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card may be a good choice. You’ll earn 3x points for bookings through the Bank of America Travel Center and 1.5x points on all other purchases. Redeem your points for statement credit toward flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages or baggage fees, or redeem them for cash back and gift cards.
Best business card for airline rewards: Alaska Airlines Visa® Business Card
Business owners who frequently fly with Alaska Airlines or Virgin America — which merged back in April 2018 — might find the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business Card valuable. You’ll earn 3x miles for purchases directly with Alaska Airlines and Virgin America, and 1x miles for all other purchases.
Best business card for cashback rewards: Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card could be ideal for companies that spend a lot on office supplies and gas each year. For those purchases, you get 3% cash back on up to $250,000 annually, and 1% cash back after. You also get 2% back on restaurant purchases and 1% back on all other purchases.
You could potentially get up to $7,200 back annually if you spend $20,000 per month on gas and office supplies alone. For businesses that spend up to $250,000 a year in these categories, the Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card might be a strong choice. Otherwise, consider the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express, which offers 5% cash back at US office supply stores and from US phone service providers and 3% back at US gas stations on up to $50,000 per year. After that, your rate reverts to 1% cash back.
Best business card for purchases: Platinum Visa® Business Credit Card
Bank of America offers identical cards that differ by issuer only: the Platinum Plus® for Business Mastercard® and Platinum Visa® Business Credit Card.
The Platinum cards offer one of the lowest possible APRs on purchases and balance transfers, especially if your business’s credit history and score are solid.
How to compare Bank of America business credit cards
Bank of America offers a small number of business cards. But you may be able to find one to complement your business.
When deciding on the right business card, ask yourself:
What do you spend the most money on?
For businesses that require frequent and large purchases of office supplies or those that are constantly on the road, the Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card could be useful. You get 3% cash back on gas and office supplies up to $250,000 per year, then 1% after that. Plus, you earn 2% back at restaurants and 1% back on all other purchases. Cash back can total more than $7,000 annually if you typically reach the $250,000 cap.
Does your company need to make a large initial purchase?
Either of the Platinum cards offer an intro APR that can help companies carry a balance for a few months without paying interest, reverting to a variable APR of 10.99% to 21.99% after that. Based on your creditworthiness, you may see approval for an APR in the low end of 11% — among the strongest among any bank.
How often do you travel?
Businesses that require frequent travel might find the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card a solid choice. You earn 3x points on airline, hotel or car rental purchases through the Bank of America Travel Center and 1.5x points on all other purchases. Redeem your points for statement credit toward flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages or baggage fees, or redeem them for cash back and gift cards.
How often do you fly?
For frequent Alaska Airlines and Virgin America flyers, the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business Card offers perks like free checked bags and miles redemption toward flights and seat upgrades. Or check out the Asiana Visa® Business Card if you often travel often to East Asia and Oceania countries.
Why choose a Bank of America business credit card?
- No penalty APR. None of the Bank of America business credit cards require a penalty APR on late or returned payment. Other cards come with variable penalty APRs of up to 30% that stick with you for 12 months or longer.
- Business Advantage Relationship Rewards. Bank of America offers a program to boost your small business’s success with rewards and benefits that grow along with your banking balances. Earn a rewards bonus of 25% to 75% on every purchase you make with eligible cards, pay no fees for select everyday banking services, get interest rate discounts for auto loans and term loans and more.
- Mobile banking. Download the Bank of America mobile app and monitor your employees’ account activity 24/7. You can also make payments, schedule payments, set alerts and more.
- Travel services. Get travel accident insurance, car rental insurance and emergency ticket replacement on travel paid for with your card.
- Chip cards. All Bank of America business cards contain chips, which makes them hard to counterfeit or copy. And you get $0 liability protection for unauthorized transactions.
Read your card’s terms and conditions to learn with benefits apply to your purchases.
Does Bank of America report its business credit cards to the consumer credit bureaus?No. But the bank does report your activity to the commercial credit bureaus.
Small businesses requiring frequent travel can choose from a general travel rewards card or one of two airline cards with high rewards potential. If it’s cash back you’re after, apply for a card with a high annual cap of $250,000 or a potentially low APR on purchases that helps you carry balances with minimal costs.
As always, compare your credit card options to find the business card that best suits your spending.