A short-term loan means cash fast — and higher fees.
When you’re in a financial bind, you may want to consider a 1 week short-term loan. But watch out for high fees and strict repayment terms. Apply online with this loan-connection service offering unrestricted short-term loans with fast turnaround.
LendYou Short-term Loans
Apply online with this loan-connection service offering unrestricted short-term loans with fast turnaround.
A selection of loans you can apply for
What do I need to apply?
Eligibility criteria differs between lenders and states, but generally the minimum criteria is:
- Age. Minimum age requirement is usually 18 years old.
- Residency. You will need to be a US citizen or permanent resident and show what state you reside in.
- Income. You may need to meet minimum income requirements or show that you earn a regular income.
- Employment. Some lenders require you to be employed (and may request proof of your employment).
- Credit history. The majority of short-term lenders do not require you to have good credit history in order to apply.
How do I repay a short-term loan?
There are a few options available when it comes to repaying your loan. Depending on the lender and the type of loan you have applied for, you may be able to use any of the following options to repay your loan:
- Direct debit repayments. To make repayments this way you will need to provide an ACH authorization so the lender can debit your account. Before you sign the authorization make sure you know what dates the repayments are due to come out so you can be sure to have enough money in your account, and also know how to end the authorization.
- Post-dated check. This is another repayments option offered by lenders, mostly by those who have physical branches. This method involves you giving the lender a check that it can cash on the day your repayment is due. Remember to make note of the payment date.
Benefits and drawbacks
- You can get the money quickly. Lenders can have your money to you in 1-2 business days, or in as little as a few hours.
- Use the money however you want. Once you get your money, you can use it for any legitimate purpose.
- You can apply with bad credit. Most short-term lenders don’t run credit checks with the three major credit bureaus. They might use Teletrack and look at your ability to manage the repayments, but there are short-term lenders that don’t check this either.
- Higher than normal fees. While most states have regulations regarding APR, rates can still reach into the thousandth percentile.
- May not be available in your state. Your ability to apply will depend on the state you reside in.
Here’s what to know about loan options in your state
Payday loans are not legal in every state. Check the map below to see if payday loans are legal in your state.
Payday loan availability by state
Beware of overborrowing
Make sure you know exactly how you’re going to repay the loan in 7 days. If you think you may not be able to repay the loan on time, it’s best that you don’t take the loan at all. You could end up paying a large sum in fees, and your credit rating might suffer even more.
Getting a 1 week short-term loan can help cover you for unexpected emergencies or special occasions, but with higher-than-average fees, be sure you compare all your options before applying.
What type of loan are you looking for?