A solid card for loyal Wyndham customers with an unexpected but pleasant balance transfer perk.
The Wyndham Rewards Visa is most effective if you often stay with a Wyndham portfolio that includes Ramada, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, and Travelodge. With a $0 p.a. annual fee and a respectable intro APR for balance transfers, it’s a solid choice — as long as you’re OK with forgoing the bells and whistles you’ll find in other cards.
|Product Name||Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||16.49%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable based on your credit worthiness|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||16.49%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable based on your credit worthiness|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Good (700-739)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Rewards Program||Barclaycard Rewards|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||15,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||3|
It’s true that the Wyndham Rewards Visa isn’t as fully featured as, say, the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express or the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. It can, however, be highly valuable if you’re a loyal customer of Wyndham properties. At 3 points per dollar spent on Wyndham stays, you’ll accumulate points quickly at Wyndham’s 8,000-plus hotels worldwide.
The card isn’t too bad for everyday spending with 2x points on gas, utilities and groceries and 1x points on everything else. You’ll like the card’s easy-to-obtain 15,000 introductory points bonus, which is enough for a free night at a Wyndham property, and cardholder perks like concierge services for travel and dining.
The Wyndham Rewards Visa is a good card for balance transfers, with a introductory APR for 15 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 45 days of opening the card. That benefit, enhanced by the card’s $0 p.a. annual fee, could make the Wyndham Rewards Visa a smart choice.
- 15,000 introductory points bonus. After your first purchase or balance transfer, you’ll receive 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
- 8,000+ properties worldwide. You can earn points and earn free nights in properties such as Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Ramada and Travelodge.
- 3x points on Wyndham purchases. For every dollar you spend at Wyndham properties, you’ll earn 3 Wyndham Rewards points.
- 2x points on gas, utilities, and groceries. For every dollar you spend on gas, utilities or groceries (excluding Target and Walmart purchases), you’ll earn 2 Wyndham Rewards points.
- 1x points on everything else. For every dollar you spend in all other categories, you’ll earn 1 Wyndham Rewards point.
You’ll also like
- No annual fee. You can use your Wyndham Rewards Visa card without an annual fee.
- Fraud protection. You will not be liable for unauthorized payments made with your card.
- Concierge service. You’ll have access to concierge services for dining and travel.
- Global assistance services. You’ll have 24/7 access to customer service.
- Introductory balance transfer APR. On balance transfers made within 45 days of your account’s opening date, you’ll receive a APR for the first 15 billing cycles.
- Introductory APR on Wyndham timeshare purchases. You’ll receive a 0% APR for six billing cycles on qualifying timeshare down payments.
What to watch out for
- Sliding APR scale. Depending on your credit, you’ll receive a purchase and balance transfer APR of 16.49%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable based on your credit worthiness.
- It hurts to pay late. you’l pay up to $37 for late or returned payments.
- Higher APR for cash advances. The APR for taking out a cash advance is 26.49% variable. You’ll also be required to pay a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
How to apply
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a resident of the US
Required documents & information
- Your name, residential status and address
- Your Social Security number
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth
- Financial information like your annual salary and wages