Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Visa Platinum benefits, rewards and privileges
A mid-tier card with perks like insurance, cell phone protection and roadside assistance.
To find the right Visa Platinum card, compare the costs and benefits that fit your lifestyle like acceptance world, zero liability protection and lost or stolen card reporting. And the cool thing is — most Visa Platinum cards have no annual fee.
What benefits, rewards and privileges can I get with a Visa Platinum credit card?
Perks may vary from provider to provider, but some of the benefits could include:
- Cell phone protection. If you pay for your phone with your Visa Platinum card, you can get up to $600 with a $25 deductible if your phone is lost or stolen. It allows for two claims a year.
- Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement. Call Visa Global at 800-847-2911 or Visa direct line at 303-967-1096 for a replacement card or if you need emergency cash.
- Travel and emergency assistance services. In the US call 800-992-6029, or 804-673-1675 for travel abroad. Visa helps you connect with medical referrals, emergency message services, legal referrals, emergency transport assistance, emergency translation, lost luggage locator service and more.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver. If you pay for your rental with your Visa Premium card you are protected against theft or collision up to the value of most rented cars.
- Roadside dispatch. If you need towing, a tire changed, jump start, lockout service or fuel delivery call 800-847-2869 and Visa will send assistance your way.
- Common carrier travel accident insurance. This covers death and dismemberment when traveling on a plane, bus, boat or other common carriers.
Additional platinum credit card perks
Other perks that could be included with some providers include:
- Rewards program. You could earn and spend rewards points in a frequent flyer or other rewards program when using your Visa Platinum.
- Intro APR period. You may get a long 0% intro APR period on purchases and/or balance transfers from the moment you open your account.
Other factors to consider when choosing a Visa Platinum credit card
Consider these other card details when trying to weigh the best one for your lifestyle:
- Interest rates. Your interest rates are generally based on your credit score and the ability to repay your balance. But avoid paying an APR at all by paying your balance each month.
- Annual fee. Most Visa Platinum cards come with no annual fee, but watch out for those few that do.
- Credit limit. If you qualify for a Platinum card, your balance will typically be lower than $5,000. Anything higher will likely be a Visa Signature card.
- Eligibility criteria. In most cases, you can get a Visa Platinum credit card with a fair or good credit score. This is relatively low compared to a Visa Signature credit card where an excellent credit score is often required.
Compare Visa Platinum credit cards
Visa Platinum cards are the mid-tier Visa cards that often come with benefits such as roadside dispatch, accident travel insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver and more without paying an annual fee.
Check out other Visa credit cards and compare your options until you find the perfect card for your financial situation.Back to top
More guides on Finder
TD Double Up℠ Credit Card review
A strong 2% cashback card for TD Bank customers.
Merrill Cash Management Account review
The Merrill Cash Management account offers several perks, but it has a high annual fee.
9 best cash management accounts
Most cash management accounts offer a combination of checking, savings and investing features.
Compare crypto credit cards 2021
Earn crypto on your purchases with these cards.
Delta Medallion status: How does it work and why you should get it
Ascend through its ranks and Delta Medallion Status pays off with additional perks and benefits for SkyMiles members.
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Earn up to $1,000 with these hot new Chase welcome offers
Both Chase Sapphire cards now offer an astounding welcome offer value for a limited time.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Upgrade Card review
The fee-free Upgrade Card offers 1.5% cash back, but it lacks many standard benefits.
Ask an Expert