Plusnet offers reliable network coverage and affordable mobile plans
Plusnet was founded in 1997 in Sheffield. In 2007 it was acquired by the BT Group but it continues to operate as a separate business.
Plusnet provide broadband, phone, TV and mobile plans. They believe that everyone deserves to pay a fair price and still get great customer service.
What services do Plusnet offer?
Plusnet runs off the EE network and so offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage across the UK. Plusnet claims that it is able to provide network coverage to 99% of the population.
You can find out which networks cover you by using Plusnet’s network calculator. Simply enter in your postcode or location on their website to discover which networks cover your local area.
Plusnet only offers SIM-only mobile plans and these run on a 30 day basis. They include at least 500MB of data, 250 minutes and 500 texts per 30 days.
Plusnet also offers bolt on services for when you use up one of your features before the 30 days are over.
How much does it cost?
The Plusnet SIM card packages range in contract length, price and package inclusion. If you buy a mobile plan with broadband then you can get more included for less money.
If you go over you package allowance in any way before the 30 days additional charges will apply, visit the price guide on Plusnet’s website for more details.
|Cheapest SIM only||500MB||250||500||30 days||£5pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||4GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£15pm|
|SIM only with broadband||1GB||250||500||30 days||£5pm|
|SIM only with broadband||8GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£15pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check Plusnet Mobile’s website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do Plusnet plans offer?
- Add ons. Plusnet allows customers to purchase additional data, minutes and texts for when you run out of something in your package before the end of your 30 days.
- Smart Cap. This puts a limit on your spending. A Smart Cap is automatically set to £10.00 for all new Plusnet Mobile customers but you can alter this through your account or by talking to a Plusnet agent. Plusnet will notify you when you have used up 80% of your Smart Cap allowance and then once again when you have reached 100%.
What are some of Plusnet’s pros and cons?
- Add ons. Plusnet allows customers to buy a variety of additional data, minutes or texts.
- Low cost. Plusnet offers competitive prices starting from £5 a month. They also offer mates rates if you are already a Plusnet broadband customer.
- Network. Plusnet runs off the EE network and so offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage across the UK.
- Variety. Plusnet only offers SIM only mobile plans to its customers.