Get an affordable mobile plan with Three and enjoy the benefits of their reliable 4G or 5G networks.
Three Mobile is a telecommunications provider in the UK. Three launched back in 2003 (03/03/03) and has been growing its network capabilities ever since. It claims to be best network provider for data in the UK, offering all customers either 4G or 5G coverage.
What services does Three mobile offer?
Three offers access to either 4G or 5G networks. With Three’s inTouch Wi-Fi Calling you can call and text using Wi-Fi, even when there is no signal. This includes the London Underground, where as a Three customer you will have access to Wi-Fi at over 250 stations.
You can use the network calculator on Three’s website to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter your postcode on its website to find out which networks cover you.
Three Mobile offers 24-month contracts, SIM-only plans, which run on a 30-day and 12-month basis, as well as pay-as-you-go plans.
In terms of customer service, there is a live chat available on Three Mobile’s website to help you with any queries you may have about joining Three.
How much does it cost?
Three Mobile offers 24-month pay monthly plans, SIM-only plans, and pay-as-you-go plans. These range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion. You can top up your pay-as-you-go plan at any time online via your Three Mobile account, by using a store voucher or visiting a cashpoint credit. The minimum top-up amount is £10.
Additional charges will apply to calls, texts and data usage outside of your plan.
|Cheapest 30 day SIM||4GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£16pm|
|Most expensive 30 day SIM||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£26pm|
|Cheapest 12 month SIM||4GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£13pm|
|Most expensive 12 month SIM||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£24pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check 3 Mobile’s website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage, but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3,000 web pages, 10,000 emails or spend four hours streaming videos.
- Amazing Mobile Phones & Tariffs At The Best Prices
- Free Next Day Delivery. Click & Collect In-Store
- Types: Pay Monthly, Sim Free, Sim Only Deals, Broadband, Smart Home
What extras do Three Mobile’s plans offer?
- Add-ons. Three Mobile allows you to purchase extra data if you run out of your monthly amount too quickly.
- Spending limits. Three Mobile allows all customers to set spending limits to avoid overspending. You can also benefit from text alerts when you get close to your limits.
- Use abroad. Three’s Advanced mobile plan customers can use their mobile plans (including data) in 60 destinations worldwide at no extra cost.
- Wuntu offers. Three customers gain exclusive access to new offers, rewards and prizes every week by downloading the Wuntu app.
Pros and cons
- Variety. Three Mobile offers a variety of different plans to suit the different needs of its customers
- Unlimited data. Three Mobile offers unlimited data packages with their pay as you go SIMs.
- Flexibility. Three Mobile allows you to swap and change plans every month.
- Use your phone abroad. Three Mobile allows you to use your phone in 71 worldwide destinations at no extra cost.
- Bolt-ons. Three Mobile only allows customers to buy additional data. However, all plans offer unlimited texts.
- Limited Wi-Fi hotspots. Three Mobile only offers free Mobile Wi-Fi on the London underground.