Get an affordable mobile plan with Three and enjoy the benefits of their reliable 4G network.
Three mobile is a telecommunications provider in the UK. Three launched back in 2003 (03/03/03) and has been growing its network capabilities ever since. They claim to be best network provider for data in the UK, offering all of their customers either 3G or 4G coverage.
What services does 3 mobile offer?
If you’re looking for a reliable mobile network then you might want to consider opting for Three. 3 Mobile were voted number one network for mobile internet in December 2016 by YouGov. Three offer all of their customers access to either 3G or 4G networks, and they claim to provide 3G and 4G coverage network coverage to 98% of the UK population.
With Three’s inTouch Wi-Fi Calling you cab call and text using Wi-Fi even when there is no signal. This includes the London underground where as a Three customer you will have access to Wi-Fi at over 250 stations.
You can use the network calculator on 3’s website to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter in your postcode on their website to find out which networks cover you.
3 Mobile offer 24 month contracts, SIM only plans which run on a 30 day and 12 month basis, as well as pay as you go plans.
In terms of customer service, there is a live chat available on 3 Mobile’s website to help you with any queries you may have about joining Three.
How much does it cost?
3 mobile offers 24 month pay monthly plans, SIM only plans, and pay as you go plans. These range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion. You can top up your 3 mobile pay as you go plan at any time online via your 3 Mobile account, by using a store voucher or visiting a cashpoint credit. The minimum amount top up amount is £10.
Additional charges will apply to calls, texts and data usage outside of your plan.
|Cheapest contract & phone||500MB||300||unlimited||24 Months||£7pm|
|Most expensive contract & phone||30GB||unlimited||unlimited||24 Months||£99 upfront, £62pm|
|Cheapest 30 day SIM||500MB||200||unlimited||30 days||£10pm|
|Most expensive 30 day SIM||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£35pm|
|Cheapest 12 month SIM||500MB||200||unlimited||12 months||£5pm|
|Most expensive 12 month SIM||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£32pm|
|PAYG||1p per MB||3p per min||2p per text||30 days||n/a|
|PAYG Bundle||1GB||100||3000||30 days||£10pm|
|PAYG Bundle||unlimited||500||3000||30 days||£25pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check 3 Mobile’s website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
- Amazing Mobile Phones & Tariffs At The Best Prices
- Free Next Day Delivery. Click & Collect In-Store
- Types: Pay Monthly, Sim Free, Sim Only Deals, Broadband, Smart Home
What extras do 3 Mobile’s plans offer?
- Add ons. 3 Mobile allows you to purchase extra data if you run out of your monthly amount too quickly.
- Spending limits. 3 Mobile allows all customers to set spending limits to avoid overspending. You can also benefit from text alerts when you get close to your limits.
- Use abroad. From 15th June 2017 Three’s Advanced mobile plan customers can use their mobile plans (including data) in 60 destinations worldwide at no extra cost.
- Wuntu offers. Three customers gain exclusive access to new offers, rewards and prizes every week with Wuntu. You simply have to be a Three mobile customer and download the Wuntu app.
Pros and cons
- Variety. 3 Mobile offers a variety of different plans to suit the different needs of its customers
- Unlimited data. 3 Mobile offers unlimited data packages with their pay as you go SIMs.
- Flexibility. 3 Mobile allows you to swap and change plans every month.
- Use your phone abroad. 3 Mobile allows you to use your phone in 42 worldwide destinations at no extra cost.
- Bolt ons. 3 Mobile only allows customers to buy additional data, however all plans offer unlimited texts.
- Limited wifi hotspots. 3 Mobile only offers free 3 Mobile Wi-Fi on the London underground.