Chevrolet Lacetti Insurance
Find out how much it'll cost you to insure an Chevrolet Lacetti and how you can save on your premiums.
The Chevrolet Lacetti or, as you might know it, the Daewoo Lacetti is a compact car available in hatchback, sedan and station wagon models.
The Lacetti bodes a reputation of good customer satisfaction and smooth rides. Keep reading to find out what insuring your Lacetti would look like and learn what you could do to save on your insurance premiums.
Average insurance rates for the Chevrolet Lacetti
Our research indicates that you could keep your Lacetti insured with a comprehensive policy for an average of £39.16 per month, or a single annual payment of £412.00. This puts the Lacetti in the mid-range for similar models from other manufacturers.
You might be wondering how we came up with these figures. We aggregated a variety of quotes from several well-known car insurance companies, using the following information:
- We identified the driver as a thirty-year-old male teacher from Exeter.
- Th car was an unmodified, right-hand-drive, non-import model.
- The car was kept in a secure car park during the day and on a driveway at the home.
- The car was used for reasons of a social, domestic, pleasure, and commuting nature.
- The driver kept to the national average of 10,000 miles per year.
- The driver had a good credit history and a clean driving record. They maintained no driving convictions or claims in the last five years, and had never been convicted of a non-motoring offence.
- We requested comprehensive insurance.
How can I bring down my premiums?
We understand that you don’t want to be spending a fortune on your car insurance if you don’t have to. So we went away and did our research and found a couple of things that could knock a bit off your insurance cost. Check them out below:
- Insurers will want to know whether or not your car possesses any modifications. Whilst your premiums may come down if these modifications enhance the safety or security of your car, modifications in the racing sphere or other non-safety measures may instead increase your insurance.
- Sometimes your insurance may differ due to circumstances completely out of your control. Insurance companies need to consider your age, sex, and geographical location as factors in determining how secure an investment you are for insurance purposes.
- How financially secure are you? You can actually save money on your premiums if you opt to pay your insurance in a single annual payment rather than every month. In fact, our research indicates the switch would save you an average of £57.97 every year.
- Insurers value security. If possible, try to keep your car secured during the day and overnight, for instance on a driveway or in a garage where possible rather than parked on the street.
- How much do you drive compared to 10,000 miles a year, the national average? Insurance companies may reward drivers who drive below the average, and may actually increase the premiums of drivers who regularly drive above it (deeming these drivers at greater risks of accidents!).
Random facts about the Chevrolet Lacetti
- The model name, ‘Lacetti’ is derived from a Latin root word that translates as ‘youthful and energetic.’
- Reviewer website WhatCar.com gave the Lacetti a 4/5 rating for driving experience.
- For a long period of time, the Lacetti was the ‘Reasonably Priced Car’ used in Top Gear’s ‘Star in a Reasonably Priced Car’ segment.
Safety and the Chevrolet Lacetti
Whilst the Lacetti has yet to be tested by Euro NCAP, its Australian model (the Holden Viva) received a four-star rating for safety. This indicates the Lacetti is certainly a safe vehicle, so don’t worry!
The standard safety features include front and side airbags, alongside an anti-lock braking system. It should be noted, however, that the Lacetti does not offer an electronic stability programme on any versions, a common criticism for reviewers. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Car insurance A-Z Glossary
Get to grips with car insurance terms with our handy round-up of the main insurance jargon you’ll come across.
Car insurance admin charges
We explain what car insurance admin charges exist, when you might need to pay them and how to keep them to a minimum.
Should drivers have to retake their driving test?
Three-quarters (74%) of the UK want drivers to retake their driving test at least once in their lifetime, at an average age of 68 years old.
Low emission car insurance
We explain how low emission cars could affect insurance and other costs, plus how to keep your insurance premium low.
Cat N insurance
Read our guide to find out how to find insurance for your cat N write-off, average cost and whether or not you can keep your category N car.
Self-employed car insurance
What you need to consider when taking out car insurance if you’re self-employed, and whether you can claim car insurance as a business expense.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Genesis G80 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G80 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis G70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis GV70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis GV70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert