Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Find the best way to send money to Uzbekistan
Compare 3+ companies that can send money to Uzbekistan from the US.
Looking for the best way to send money from the United States to family, friends or businesses in Uzbekistan (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Don't head straight to your American bank – compare specialist money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better UZS exchange rates and lower fees, so for the same amount of US dollars you send, your recipient will receive more Uzbekistani soʻms.
Of the companies we've compared, MoneyGram is among the cheapest, with competitive exchange rates and fees starting from $0. Need a really fast transfer? MoneyGram can get money to your recipient in Uzbekistan within minutes.
Best ways to send money to Uzbekistan from the USThe best way to send money to Uzbekistan depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Online money transfer provider. When buying US dollars or Uzbekistani soʻms money transfer specialists typically offer better rates and cheaper fees than a local bank.
- Bank transfer. Bank transfers are an easy way to send money to Uzbekistan but they charge extra for the convenience and are often slower than other methods. US banks generally add a 3% to 6% markup onto exchange rates.
- Cash pickup. If you need your money to arrive fast, cash pickup gives your recipient instant access to the money you've sent when they collect it from their agent location in Uzbekistan.
- Mobile wallet. Essentially an electronic wallet service, mobile wallets allow users to store, send and receive eligible currencies using their phone, often with fees attached.
- Prepaid phone credit. Specifically used to top up a recipient's prepaid mobile phone plan, prepaid phone credit is usually added instantly or within a few minutes.
- Home delivery. If your recipient may struggle to get to a cash pickup location, you may be able to opt for door-to-door cash delivery.
Compare the best money transfer companies to send money to UzbekistanUse our table to compare the best money transfer companies to send money to Uzbekistan. You can compare deposit and receiving options, fees and transfer speeds, then click the "Go to site" button when you've found the best one to get your money to Uzbekistan.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Cheapest way to send money to Uzbekistan
Bank transfers are typically the cheapest way to get your money to Uzbekistan. MoneyGram and Remitly have some of the lowest bank transfer fees of the brands we've compared.When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Uzbekistan, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your American bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market USD/UZS exchange rate .
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many Uzbekistani soʻms your recipient will end up with.
Fastest way to send money to Uzbekistan
Many online providers can offer transfers to Uzbekistan within minutes, although you're likely to pay a premium for the convenience.Here are some of the fastest average transfer speeds to Uzbekistan:
- MoneyGram — within minutes
- CurrencyFair — within hours
- Remitly — within hours
Actual transfer times from the United States to Uzbekistan can depend on several different factors including transfer amount, payment method and currency.
Safest way to send money to Uzbekistan
The safest way to get your money to Uzbekistan is to use a provider registered with the United States's industry regulator, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both the United States and Uzbekistan.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Uzbekistan
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Uzbekistan, consider using a provider such as Remitly to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Uzbekistan may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on IRS's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the UZS exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, providers such as MoneyGram and Remitly can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Uzbekistan from the US
To send money to Uzbekistan, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Uzbekistan. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Uzbekistani bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total Uzbekistani soʻms your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Uzbekistan. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Uzbekistan
When choosing a money transfer provider to send money from the United States to Uzbekistan, it's important to consider the cost, how you want your recipient to receive the funds and the turnaround time. Here are other features to review:
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the UZS you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Uzbekistan for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Uzbekistani bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers .
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Companies such as MoneyGram and Remitly offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Uzbekistan faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, Remitly has a transfer limit of $2,999 while MoneyGram allows transfers up to $10,000.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of Uzbekistani soʻms.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
COLDCARD Mk4 review
Learn about the security features of the COLDCARD Mk4 — a Bitcoin-only hardware wallet.
Gas prices a concern for US households
Gas prices are on the rise, which has the vast majority of Americans worried about what the future holds.
How do ETFs work?
Your simple and straightforward guide to ETFs, how they work and the different types available.
How to short Bitcoin
Learn how you can use various short-selling strategies to further your Bitcoin profits.
Finder Money Newsletter: Jan. 04, 2023
Your place to check out the latest Finder Money Newsletter.
Coinbase Ventures Portfolio assets and market cap
Discover more about the 31 assets in Coinbase Ventures Portfolio and its $484bn market cap.
US personal saving rate in 2023
Data on the personal saving rate in the US.
Disposable income in the US
A breakdown of disposable income stats for the US including historical charts, averages and more.
How to buy stocks online
The best trading apps come with low fees and are easy to use.
Ask an Expert