Savor Rewards from Capital One review
Get high cash back on dining and a generous signup bonus.
finder.com’s rating: 4.4 / 5
- Get this card if you want excellent cash back on dining.
- Pick something else if you’re looking for a high cash back across other purchase categories, or if you want an intro APR period.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 8%
for the first year ($95 thereafter)
15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Annual fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($95 thereafter)|
|Welcome offer||$300 after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||8% cash back on Vivid Seats until 1/31/2023 5% on Uber Eats, 4% on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||15.99% or 24.99% variable|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
True to its name, the Savor Rewards from Capital One is a solid choice for foodies. That’s because it comes with a $0 intro annual fee, a $300 signup bonus and you get to earn 4% cash back on dining and 5% back on Uber Eats until January 31, 2021. This is a top-of-the-line rewards rate among competitors.
Also, you’ll earn 4% cash back on tickets for entertainment such as sporting events, movies, concerts, theme parks, dance clubs and bowling alleys. Until January 31, 2023, you’ll also earn a massive 8% cash back on sporting tickets purchased from Vivid Seats.
However, if you need a intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases and you still want to earn cash back on dining and entertainment, consider the no-annual-fee version of the same card — Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card.
How to apply for the Savor Rewards from Capital One card
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
The automated preapproval process on the website will often give you a decision in under a minute. In some cases, you may need to submit additional information, and wait a few business days up to a few weeks for a response. After approval, expect your card to arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
- Signup bonus. Earn $300 cash back after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Cash back. Get unlimited 4% back on dining and entertainment purchases, 5% cash back on Uber Eats until January 31, 2021, 2% at grocery stores and 1% back on everything else you buy.
- 8% back on Vivid Seats tickets. Until January 31, 2023, earn 8% cash back on sporting event tickets from Vivid Seats with your card. Use Vivid Seats to find MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL among other events. This offer expires January 2022.
- No foreign transaction fees. When you pay abroad with this card, you won’t pay any fees. Other cards have up to 3% fee for each transaction.
- Capital One security features. Get security alerts by email, text or phone, lock your card in case it’s lost or stolen and unlock it when you’re ready, $0 fraud liability coverage and more.
- Travel insurance. Fare purchased with your card gives you automatic travel insurance. Pay your car rental with your card and get insurance against theft and collision damage.
- No penalty APR. If you pay late, you’ll only pay a late payment penalty fee. Other cards have a penalty APR that may apply after a single late payment that you could be stuck with indefinitely.
- High minimum credit line. Your credit line depends on multiple factors determined by Capital One. But know that the minimum credit line you can receive is $5,000.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with Savor Rewards from Capital One?
The more you spend on dining and entertainment with this card, the more cash back you earn. For example, suppose your annual spending looks similar to what we’ve outlined below. You would earn $780 back with a $22,500 spent in one year. If you clear the signup bonus, you would earn a total of $1,080 during your first year.
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
|Vivid Seats tickets||$1,500||$120|
How much do I have to spend to make the annual fee worth it?
The card has an annual fee of $95 starting from your second year. You need to spend $2,400 on dining and entertainment annually just to break even. Everything above that is pure reward.
How to earn 5% cash back on Uber Eats
- Create an Uber Eats account or log in if you already have an account.
- Set your Savor Rewards from Capital One as a payment method.
- Order your food.
- Earn 5% cash back within one or two billing cycles.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The card comes with a $95 annual fee, which is waived for the first year.
- High APR. The card has many cool perks and features, but it has a relatively high APR on purchases and balance transfers of up to 23.99% variable.
Compare other cashback credit cards
Compare Savor Rewards from Capital One with other cards
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for this card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident.
The information you’ll need to provide includes:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
- Financial information including income, employment status and mortgage or rent
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for the card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher. A higher credit score and lower credit utilization will help you on your way to getting a higher credit score and lower APR.
Savor Rewards from Capital One reviews and complaints
Overall, customers like the card’s rewards and think the signup bonus is a nice touch. Also, a number of customers claim they received a high enough credit line to make them happy.
Accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1995, Capital One earns an A+ rating from the BBB.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Capital One® Mobile app. Use it to activate your credit card, to pay your bills, send money to friends and family and more.
- Pay on time. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, there will be zero interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. For late payments, you’ll pay up to $40. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Capital One credit card support at 800-227-4825.
How do I redeem rewards from Savor Rewards from Capital One?
Get your cash back upon request in the form of a:
- Statement credit
- Credit for previous purchases
- Gift card
Visit the Capital One website or contact their rewards center to set up your automatic redemption preference by:
- A set time each calendar year
- When a specific threshold — $25, $50, $100 or $200 — is reached
If you don’t have an automatic redemption preference, you’ll get your cash back upon request.
Compare Savor Rewards from Capital One with other cards
This could be a great card for you if you mostly dine out. Additionally, you get a generous signup bonus once you meet certain spending requirements.
As always, compare your credit card options before deciding on the right one for you.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.