This card works if you only want to make purchases at My Unique Outlet, but may be a poor choice if you’re trying to build credit.
- Get this card if… you want to shop at My Unique Outlet.
- Pick something else if… you don’t want to shop at My Unique Outlet or you’re trying to build credit.
- Recommended credit score of 300–619 (poor). Consumers with new credit are also welcome to apply. Learn more about credit scores.
|Product Name||Unique Platinum Card|
|Cash Advance Fee||None|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Returned Payment Fee||$30|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Rates & Fees||Rates & Fees|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The Unique Platinum Card is a store card that can only be used at My Unique Outlet, an online retailer. Though approval requirements are lenient, the card can be very expensive over the long run.
When you open the card, you’ll pay a membership fee of $29.95. Then you’ll be enrolled in the My Services benefit plan for $19.95 a month. Over a year, this will cost $239.4 — a high price for any credit card.
Use the Unique Platinum Card at My Unique Outlet
The card comes with an unsecured credit line of $1,000. Use the card at My Unique Outlet to buy items such as:
- Auto supplies
- Health and beauty products
- Home and office products
You’ll get a APR on everything you buy with the card. However, you must immediately pay at least 15% of an item’s price on ordering. Also, watch out for processing fees, which aren’t specified in the card’s terms.
Should I get the Unique Platinum Card to build credit?
Unique Card Services doesn’t position the Unique Platinum Card as a credit builder. If you’re trying to raise your credit score, look for a secured credit card. You can find one that’s relatively easy to be approved for and that reports your payment history to all three major credit bureaus. If cost is a concern, look for a secured card with a low deposit.
The best secured credit cards of 2017
What services come with the My Services membership plan?
My Services includes:
- Daily discounts.
Receive discounts on new products.
- Legal assistance.
According to Unique Card Services, you’ll receive “free and discounted legal care.”
- Roadside assistance.
Get access to towing, fuel delivery, lockout service, tire change service, jump-starts and winching.
- $1,000 credit line.You’ll receive a $1,000 credit line to spend on My Unique Outlet purchases.
- Easy approval.
You will be approved for the card as long as you meet these conditions:
- You are a US citizen or resident.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a valid debit or credit card.
- You have the ability to make a monthly payment of $250 if you use your entire credit line.
- You pay the enrollment fees.
- No interest.
You’ll receive APR on all purchases.
- My Services monthly membership benefit plan.
The membership plan includes discounts on new products, roadside assistance and legal help.
What to watch out for
- Card valid only at My Unique Outlet.
The Unique Platinum Card is a store card that can be used only to shop from the online My Unique Outlet catalog.
- Automatic membership enrollment.
After you open the card, you’ll start paying $19.95 a month for the My Services membership. You can cancel this membership by calling 1-888-805-7648.
- Initial membership fee.
When you open your account, you must pay a one-time fee of $29.95. This includes the $19.95 enrollment fee and a $10 application fee.
- Minimum monthly payment.
Most credit cards charge only a few dollars for minimum monthly payments. With the Unique Platinum Card, you must pay at least 10% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater.
- Fees for late payments.
Late payments cost $10 each.
- Fees for returned checks.
Returned payments cost $30 each.
Consider other cards if…
- You’re not interested in My Unique Outlet.
Consider another card for your preferred stores. If you want a card you can use elsewhere, consider a general credit card.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Unique Platinum Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You must also be a US citizen or permanent resident with no undischarged bankruptcies. You’re ineligible if you live in Wisconsin, Vermont or Indiana.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information
- Your debit or credit card information
- Your mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
Because the Unique Platinum Card requires no credit checks, you can qualify with any credit score.
How to apply for the Unique Platinum Card
1. Go to the Unique Platinum Card website. Enter your email address, agree to the terms and click Start Now.
2. Enter your full name, contact information and date of birth.
3. Choose whether to opt in for additional offers.
4. Enter your debit or credit card information and mother’s maiden name. Then click Submit to complete your application.
I got the card. Now what?
- Keep up with payments. Your minimum monthly payment is at least 10% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments cost up to $30.
- Customer service. For support, call the Member Services Department at 1-888-805-7648.
The Unique Platinum Card allows you to shop at My Unique Outlet, an online retailer, with APR. However, given a required monthly membership fee, it’s expensive. It’s also a poor choice if you want to rebuild credit.