Unique Platinum Card review
An expensive card you can only use at this online store.
- Get this card if you want to shop at My Unique Outlet.
- Pick something else if you want a credit card you can use everywhere.
- Apply with poor credit score of 300 or higher.
Up to $239.4
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Unique Platinum Card is a store card that can only be used at My Unique Outlet, an online retailer. Aside from limited use, you’ll pay a high monthly membership fee of $19.95, which adds up to $239.40 annually. This is expensive, considering you won’t get as many perks as you would with other similarly priced cards. Also, you can’t build your credit with this card.
All things considered, the Unique Platinum Card should only be an option if you often shop at My Unique Outlet and you can’t get a better card.
What to watch out for
- Card valid only at My Unique Outlet.
The Unique Platinum Card is a store card that can be used only to shop from the online My Unique Outlet catalog.
- Automatic membership enrollment.
After you open the card, you’ll start paying $19.95 a month for the My Services membership. You can cancel this membership by calling 888-805-7648. Note, canceling the membership will lower your credit limit from $1,000 to $250.
- Initial membership fee.
When you open your account, you must pay a one-time fee of $29.95. This includes the $19.95 enrollment fee and a $10 application fee. The application fee is not refundable.
- Minimum monthly payment.
Most credit cards charge between 1% and 3% for minimum monthly payments. With the Unique Platinum Card, you must pay at least 10% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater.
- $1,000 credit line.
You’ll receive a $1,000 credit line to spend on My Unique Outlet purchases. But this only applies if you remain a member. Canceling membership lowers your credit limit to $250.
- No interest.
The card has no APR, which means carrying a balance won’t incur any interest. However, the numerous fees cancel out this perk.
- My Services monthly membership benefit plan.
My Services includes:
- Daily discounts. Receive discounts on new products.
- Legal assistance. According to Unique Card Services, you’ll receive “free and discounted legal care.”
- Roadside assistance. Get access to towing, fuel delivery, lockout service, tire change service, jump-starts and winching.
How to apply for the Unique Platinum Card
To apply for the Unique Platinum Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You must also be a US citizen or permanent resident with no undischarged bankruptcies. You’re ineligible if you live in Wisconsin, Vermont or Indiana.
- Click Apply now.
- Enter your full name, contact information and date of birth.
- Choose whether to opt in for additional offers.
- Enter your debit or credit card information and mother’s maiden name. Then click Submit to complete your application.
What credit score do I need?
Because the Unique Platinum Card requires no credit checks, you can qualify with any credit score.
I got the card. Now what?
- Keep up with payments. Your minimum monthly payment is at least 10% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments cost up to $30.
- Customer service. For support, call the member services department at 888-805-7648.
The Unique Platinum Card allows you to shop at My Unique Outlet without interest if you carry your balance. However, given a required monthly membership fee, it’s expensive and may not be worth the cost. It’s also a poor choice if you want to rebuild credit.