Get 0% APR on purchases and transfers for a year and up to 3% cash back with this no-annual-fee rewards card.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you want to earn cash back while showing love for your favorite MLB team.
- Pick something else if…you want a more flexible rewards credit card.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
From Bank of America, this MLB-branded rewards card makes it easy to show support for your favorite baseball team. You’ll earn 1% cash back on purchases, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter. And you’ll save with a 0% intro APR offer on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates combined with no annual fee.
|Product Name||MLB™ Credit Cards|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 12 statement closing dates (with whichever is greater, $10 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.24% to 26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
If you love the action of America’s favorite pastime, consider the MLB credit card from Bank of America. You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of the card, and you can earn earn 1% to 3% cash back across spending categories such as gas, groceries and other everyday purchases.
Save even more with a generous 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for your first 12 statement closing dates. And after you spend $500 in the first 90 days, you’ll qualify for a $150 cash reward, among the general rewards that come with being a member of Bank of America’s Preferred Rewards program.
- $150 signup bonus. Get a $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in the first 90 days.
- Support your favorite MLB team. Choose your baseball team from Major League Baseball’s full roster.
- Cash back rewards. Get 3% cash back on gas purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on everything else for the first $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter. After you reach the $2,500 mark, you’ll earn 1% cash back for the remainder of that quarter.
- Multiple rewards redemption options. Once your balance reaches $25, redeem your rewards for a statement credit, a check, electronic deposit into a BofA checking or savings account or to contribute to an eligible cash management account with Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
- 10% customer bonus. Deposit your rewards into an eligible BofA, Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management account to receive a 10% customer bonus. That means if you redeem $50 in cash rewards, the bank could deposit $55.
You’ll also like …
- 0% intro APR. Pay no interest on purchases and balance transfers for your first 12 statement closing dates. You must initiate a balance transfer within 60 days from account opening to qualify for this offer.
- No annual fee. Pay nothing to show your MLB love.
- Preferred Rewards. Increase your customer bonus to 25%-75% with this three-tiered program that includes free ATM transactions, money market savings, priority client service and no fees on select banking services.
- Enhanced security and protection. This chip-enabled card protects your purchases and comes with a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions. Sign up for email or text alerts to stay in the loop on suspicious activity.
What to watch out for
- Foreign transaction fees. You’ll pay a fee equal to 3% of each overseas transaction in US dollars, which can add up quickly.
- Balance transfer fee. You won’t pay interest for a year on balance transfers made in the first 60 days, but you’ll pay whichever is greater, $10 or 3. This means that you could pay $30 in fees for every $1,000 transfer.
- Stiff penalties. Fees for late payments can soar to $38 for each incident, and you could also be on the hook for a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable. Returned payments come fees of up to $.
Consider other cards if …
- You’re looking to support another worthwhile cause. Bank of America offers similar cards that support a wide variety of causes and pastimes.
- You’re looking to support another sport! More into football than baseball? Check out Barclaycard’s NFL credit cards.
- You want travel rewards. If you’re looking to be rewarded for your adventurous lifestyle, you may want to look into other travel cards.
- You want cash back without a rewards cap. Not all cashback credit cards come with caps on how much you can earn each quarter.
What to know before you apply
Apply for an MLB credit card from Bank of America if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
The chances of your application’s approval increase with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. Look for the MLB Credit Card on Bank of America’s site, click Apply Now.
2. Provide the required personal and financial information. Click Review your information.
3. Verify that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Bank of America’s online conditional approval system lets you know your application’s provisional status almost as soon as you submit it.
I got the card. Now what?
- Sign up for online banking. Bank of America lets you pay your credit card bill, keep track of your spending and check your available credit limit online with ease.
- Avoid interest. The intro APR offer is in place for your first 12 statement closing dates. After that, you’ll pay interest on any outstanding balances. BofA doesn’t offer interest-free days on cash advances.
- Avoid fees. You’ll pay fees of up to $38 for late and returned payments, as well as fees per balance transfer.
- Customer service. For support, use BofA’s Ask Jenn online or call 800-732-9194. Connect with BofA on Facebook or on Twitter @BankofAmerica.
For baseball fans, this no-annual-fee cash back rewards card could be a home run. If you’re looking for a more robust travel or rewards card, take a look at your other options first.
Compare Bank of America credit cards