Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
What is a no-Teletrack payday loan?
How it works and and what to watch out for with lenders that don't use it.
How does Teletrack work?
For many years, the three main credit bureaus, Experian, TransUnion and Equifax, didn’t keep track of payday and similar short-term loans. With Teletrack, potential lenders can access information beyond your traditional credit history, including your payment history for things like rent and utilities.
Teletrack instantly determines creditworthiness through two products available to lenders:
- CyberScore. A system that discovers your history of online applications for loans and credit cards.
- Decision Manager. A score that combines data on your credit score, payment frequency, earnings and employment history.
What is a no-Teletrack payday loan?
No-Teletrack loans are simply short-term loans that don’t check your history on past loans. So any bad credit or unpaid loans that you may have in your history shouldn’t affect your creditworthiness. A no-Teletrack loan is typically approved even if you’ve defaulted on payday loans in the past.
Compare short-term loans for bad credit
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Benefits and drawbacks of no-Teletrack payday loans
- Guaranteed approval. With a no-Teletrack loan, your credit history isn’t a problem.
- Fast turnaround for short-term loans. Loans can be approved within a day, depending on the lender.
- Funds can be used for any purpose. You won’t be limited in how you can spend your loan.
- Higher interest. These loans typically come with higher APRs than other payday loans.
- Less regulation. You’ll need to research these lenders to determine you’re working with a reputable, legitimate lender.
- With no reporting, you won’t build your credit. If you’re looking to build your credit with a short-term loan, you may want to look at other types of lenders.
How to compare short-term loans
short-term loans can provide some breathing room when you need money quickly, even if your credit isn’t perfect. Before agreeing to a loan, compare these important elements against your needs:
- APR and fees. The APR represents the true cost of a short-term loan and can be 400% APR or more.
- Required creditworthiness. While banks and more traditional lenders can require higher credit scores, online short-term loans typically require score of 600 or more. No-Teletrack loans may have even more lenient credit requirements.
- Repayment terms. When signing a short-term loan contract, read the repayment terms carefully. The loan is repaid within a specific period of time, often the day after your payday. Know how much you’ll pay for any late payments.
- State regulations. Confirm that your lender is licensed to provide services in your state of residence. Check out our guide on payday loan regulations by state.
- Limits on spending. Some short-term loans require that the money is used for a specific purpose.
No-Teletrack payday loans could be an option if you’re looking to get cash quickly but have outstanding short-term loans or a poor repayment history. But remain vigilant that you’re working with a reputable, legitimate company and understand your specific loan’s terms and conditions before applying.
You can compare your options for short-term loans on our website to get a better understanding of the lenders available and what they offer.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Earning on Coinbase review
Learn how to earn interest on your cryptocurrency using Coinbase exchange. Finder’s guide to earning on Coinbase has information on Coinbase Learn, staking and DeFi.
SALT Lending crypto loans review
Everything you need to know to get a SALT crypto loan in 2021.
Apps like MoneyLion
MoneyLion is a pay advance app stacked with features — and hefty fees to match. We’ve lined up 6 alternatives to help you go easy on your wallet.
Gravity Lending review
Gravity Lending matches borrowers with lenders so you can get the best vehicle refinancing deal out there.
OneLoanPlace connection service review 2022
A simple online form to find lenders — but it lacks specific information to help guide your choice.
Compare savings accounts with compound interest: How it works
A simple feature like compound interest can make a big difference in how your savings grow.
Payactiv pay advance app review
Payactiv offers advances of up to 50% of your earned wages, sometimes for free. But it’s limited if your employer isn’t a partner.
Zirtue peer-to-peer lending app review
This app makes it east to borrow from friends and family at a low rate. But loan amounts and terms aren’t right for everyone.
What is NFT Gaming?
Non-fungible tokens are allowing players to own a part of the gaming ecosystem. Find out what NFT gaming is, how players are earning money and how you can get started.
Superior Choice Credit Union Share Certificates review
Flexible terms of between 3 months and 5 years but high balances are needed to get the best rates.
Ask an Expert