Net First Platinum review
This store card has high fees and not a lot of perks.
- This card comes with a line of credit you can use only for the Horizon Outlet website. Watch out for its monthly fee of $14.95, which comes out to $179.40 total annually.
- Get this card if you want to use it only at the Horizon outlet website.
- Pick something else if you want a card to help you build credit.
- Apply with no credit history or with a poor credit score.
Up to $299.4
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Net First Platinum is not a standard credit card, but a line of credit you can use only for the Horizon Outlet website. It comes with a relatively high annual fee that you pay monthly of $14.95 or $179.40 in total annually.
You can apply for this line of credit with any credit score or with no credit history and Net First Platinum won’t make a hard pull on your credit. Also, your activity will likely be reported to one credit bureau, but Net First doesn’t say which one.
This makes the line of credit a decent option if you spend a lot of money at the Horizon Outlet Store and you can’t get a better card.
How to apply for the Net First Platinum?
To apply for the card you must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen.
- Click Apply now.
- Complete the application form.
- Enter your debit or credit card information. Click Activate My Card Now.
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a poor credit score or no credit history at all.
Net First Platinum benefits
- No credit check.
You can apply with no credit or with poor credit, and with no hard credit pull, applying won’t affect your credit score.
- Unsecured credit limit.
You get $750 unsecured credit limit to use at the store.
- No APR on purchases.
You won’t pay any interest on purchases you make with this card.
- Horizon services membership plan.
Get benefits, such as roadside assistance, pharmacy discounts and legal assistance with the Horizon services membership plan.
Net First Platinum drawbacks
- Only works for the Horizon Outlet website.
You can’t use this card anywhere you want. You can use it only for purchases at the Horizon Outlet.
- Monthly fee.
There’s a monthly fee of $14.95, which adds up to about $179.40 annually. Not cheap for a card you can only use the the Horizon Outlet store.
- Other fees. You’ll also pay $5 to activate the card, $2.50 for shipment signature verification and $2 delivery fee for your items. There’s also an NSF Check fee of $25, late payment fee of $20 and $25 fee for returned checks or debits — All cutting into your $750 unsecured credit limit.
- Minimum monthly payment.
Your minimum monthly payment is either 10% of the balance owed or $24.95, whichever is greater. Compared to most credit cards that require a minimum payment between 1% and 3%, this is high.
- Reports to one credit bureau.
The card issuer claims they report to one credit bureau, but they don’t specify which. If you’re trying to build credit, look for a credit-building card that reports to the standard three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
Compare similar store cards
If you’re not bound to the Horizon outlet store, you can find way better store credit cards.
If you have poor credit and you spend a lot of money at the Horizon Outlet Store, the Net First Platinum could be a helpful solution. Otherwise — for the total annual fee of about $179.40 that you’ll pay — you’ll be better off with another card.