Find competitive exchange rates and flexible transfer methods when you need to send money to Tajikistan.
When you need to get money to a loved one overseas, the last thing you want to have to deal with is navigating a potentially complicated and expensive process. Sending money from the United States to Tajikistan doesn’t have to be expensive. Compare the transfer fees and exchange rates of the options available to you to get the most Tajikistani somonis for your dollar.
From bank transfers and online transactions to options that allow recipients to collect your funds within minutes, sending an international money transfer to Tajikistan is easy. However, do your research and shop around for the best available deal.
Compare International Money Transfers
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
Banks versus money transfer services
We use our banks to take care of all our other financial needs, so surely we should use them when we need to send an international money transfer, right? Not necessarily. While major U.S. banks offer money transfer services, they usually present less competitive exchange rates coupled with high transfer fees.
You can often save money by using the services of a dedicated money transfer company. These providers specialize in handling overseas money transfers, offering attractive exchange rates and affordable transfer fees.
While Farzin is spending a few years working in the United States and enjoying traveling around, he is also trying to save money to send home to his family in Tajikistan. He has saved 1,000, which he is ready to transfer to his parents, but he is dismayed when he discovers the $60 fee his bank wants to charge him. He decides to shop around for a better deal from two popular money transfer companies.
|Money transfer company 1||Money transfer company 2|
|Exchange rate||N/A The transfer is in U.S. dollars||N/A The transfer is in U.S. dollars|
|Transfer fee||$0 for cash pickup, $10 for bank deposit||$16|
|Transfer method||Bank account deposit or cash pickup||Cash pickup|
|Processing time||1 hour for cash pickup, 3 days for bank deposit||10 minutes|
As you can see, Farzin can save money on fees if he uses the first transfer provider.
How to compare transfer companies when transferring money to Tajikistan
- Exchange rates. Compare rates between providers to see which ones offer the better value for your money, remembering to take fees into account as well.
- Fees. Transfer fees can vary substantially between providers and make a big difference to the cost of your transaction.
- Transfer methods. How can you make a transfer: online, using a mobile app, over the phone and/or by visiting a transfer branch?
- Transfer options. Some companies will allow you to take advantage of flexible transfer options, such as scheduling multiple payments at once.
- Turnaround time. Transfer times are critical for those who need to send money urgently.
- Minimum amount. Some companies will require you to transfer a minimum amount each time, and if this limit is relatively high, it can restrict your transfer options.
- Pickup methods. Bank account transfer and cash pickup from a transfer agent are the two most common methods.
- Customer service. You will want to find a company that can offer professional and friendly customer assistance if you need help with a transaction.
Options for sending money to Tajikistan from America
- Bank transfers. Transfers between banks are simple and secure.
- Online money transfer providers. These companies offer cheaper options than are available from banks.
- Money transfer companies with cash pickup options. Western Union and MoneyGram are two providers that offer this feature.
- PayPal. PayPal is available in Tajikistan and also offers international transfers.
Emergency cash transfers in Tajikistan
If you ever have to send an emergency transfer, perhaps to help out a family member in desperate need of cash, you won’t have trouble finding a company that can send your money to Tajikistan urgently. Of course, you’ll need to be prepared to pay extra for the service, so it’s always a good idea to make sure you know all the details of a transaction before you hand over your money. Higher fees and lower exchange rates are common features of emergency transfers, so don’t be surprised if you have to pay a little bit more.Back to topFind a money transfer location near youBack to top
Tips for picking up cash in Tajikistan
- Only visit a transfer agent in an area you know to be safe.
- Phone ahead to confirm when an agent will be open.
- Don’t travel alone if possible; take a friend.
- Don’t flash your cash in public and attract unwanted attention.
- Avoid carrying large sums of money around for any longer than is absolutely necessary.
How to send money to Tajikistan
You’ll need to provide a range of details in order to place a money transfer, including:
- Your name, address, phone number and date of birth.
- A valid form of photo ID, such as a passport.
- Your beneficiary’s name and contact information.
- Details about where you would like to send the money and how.
- The amount you wish to send and in which currency.
Any transaction reference number you receive after paying for your transfer can be used to monitor the progress of your funds.