Send quick, secure international wire transfers from Bank of America
Offering wire transfers to more than 200 countries, the bank provides secure, convenient money transfers. The funds you send typically arrive within two business days, and you can initiate your transfer online or at your nearest Bank of America branch.
How does Bank of America compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can I send money overseas with Bank of America?
To send an international wire transfer with BofA, you’ll need to first set up a bank account. You can quickly and easily sign up for an account online with your Social Security number, contact information and residential address.
Once you have an account, you can send a wire transfer overseas online or at a local Bank of America branch.
To initiate an international wire transfer online:
- Log in to your Bank of America account online.
- Click the Transfers tab and then Outside the Bank Transfers.
- Enter the details of your transaction — how much you’re sending, the currency and to where.
Your transfer will typically be delivered in two business days to more than 200 countries worldwide.
Pros and cons of using Bank of America
- Worldwide transfers. Bank of America allows you to send funds to more than 200 countries.
- Transfer options. You can initiate your transfer online or at your local Bank of America branch.
- Security. Wire transfers are safe, secure method of sending money overseas.
- High fees. You’ll pay more in fees than you would by going with an independent money transfer provider.
What other products does Bank of America offer?
Bank of America is a full-service bank offering:
- Checking accounts. Manage everyday finances through feature-packed accounts.
- Saving accounts. With competitive interest rates, minimal fees and flexible features, you can build a stronger financial future.
- Credit cards. Extensive options range from basic low-cost cards to high-end rewards cards.
- Mortgages. Whether buying your first home, your next home or investing, you have a suite of loan products to choose from.
- Auto loans. Own your next set of wheels sooner with a feature-packed auto loan.
- Investment solutions. Trade in a wide range of investments and financial instruments online with Merrill Edge.
- Business banking solutions. From small business banking to complex investment strategies for large corporations, Bank of America looks after the needs of its corporate clients.
Who is Bank of America?
With more than 57 million personal and business customers and operations in more than 40 countries, Bank of America is committed to helping its customers reach their financial goals. Bank of America has 4,800 retail financial centers, roughly 16,000 ATMs and an award-winning online banking platform. A leader in corporate and investment banking, it offers everything you need to manage your finances and save for a secure financial future.
An international wire transfer with Bank of America is a secure, convenient way to send funds overseas.
Before you initiate your transfer, compare fees, benefits and features of other money transfer companies to find the best option for your situation.
Frequently asked questions
Can I also send domestic wire transfers with Bank of America?
Yes, Bank of America offers wire transfers to bank accounts throughout the US.
Do fees apply to wire transfers from Bank of America?
Yes, you will have to pay a transaction fee when you send an international wire transfer. However, these fees vary depending on the type of account you have and where you’re sending your money. You’ll be able to review any fees that apply to your transfer before you complete your transaction.