Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy TomoChain (TOMO)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling TOMO in the US.
How to buy TomoChain
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying TomoChain.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports TOMO.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy TomoChain.
- Buy TomoChain.
Complete your TomoChain purchase and then find the best wallet to store TOMO.
What is TomoChain?
TomoChain is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible blockchain that seeks to help solve the many different scalability issues being faced by major crypto platforms today. The system allows users to facilitate low fee transactions all while providing fast confirmation times. Furthermore, the ecosystem makes use of certain niche’ “randomization” and “double validation” protocols so as to maintain a high level of data integrity, internal security and individual privacy.
TOMO is the native cryptocurrency of the Tomochain ecosystem. It is required by network participants for facilitating network transactions and staking.
TomoChain (TOMO) is the 265th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $193,524,850. The current price of TomoChain is $2.380, which is -0.073% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $2.520 and $2.290 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 06:04 UTC.
Where to buy TomoChainFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade TOMO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
TomoChain coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of TOMO over time.
TomoChain at a glance
|Total TOMO supply||100,000,000|
TomoChain price performance over time
How to sell TomoChain
You can cash out your TOMO with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TOMO on.
If you store your TomoChain in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of TOMO you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of TomoChain.
What to consider when buying TomoChain
- Fast and scalable: Tomochain’s functional output depends on a setup that includes a total of 150 Masternodes, all of whom make use of a Proof of Stake Voting (PoSV) consensus model so as to help facilitate transactions that are not only instant but also feature very little transfer fees.
- High throughput: While Bitcoin is currently able to process around 5-7 transactions (tx) per second and Ethereum is able to handle around 20, TomoChain claims to offer a transaction throughput rate of around 2000 tx’s.
- Solid backing team: The project is headed by co-founder and CEO Long Vuong, who has previously been associated with a number of high-profile projects including NEM. Similarly, Le Ho is Tomochain’s co-founder and CFO. She has previously served as the director for HSC Securities’ Investment Banking Division.
Lastly, the company has also been able to bring onboard its advisory panel a number of reputable industry leaders including Roger Lim from NEO Global Capital and Kambria co-founder Thuc Vu.
- Employs sharding: To help with its scalability efforts, Tomochain employs the concept of sharding, wherein data sets are broken down into smaller fragments that are subsequently processed in conjunction with each other, thus allowing for faster information relay within the network.
- Token supply mechanics: Tomochain also makes use of a variable supply token model, wherein a total of 100 million TOMO can come into existence during the first eight years of the project’s life cycle. However, following this period, the platform’s masternodes have the option of increasing the currency’s total supply by 0.5-1 million tokens per year (which works out to a small inflation ratio of around 0.5%-1% per annum).
Ask an Expert