Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Stacks (STX) in the US
Learn how to buy Stacks (STX) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Stacks
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Stacks is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Stacks
You can now exchange your funds for Stacks. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Stacks to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Stacks
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade STX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Stacks
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Stacks.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports STX.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Stacks.
- Buy Stacks.
Complete your Stacks purchase and then find the best wallet to store STX.
What to consider when buying StacksTo assess any potential risks, make sure you do your due diligence and research your cryptocurrency token and its associated project before investing, especially if a project is early in its life cycle like Stacks is. Consider the following factors:
- Regulation: STX struggled with some regulatory issues in the United States upon its launch, being classed as a security rather than a currency by the SEC. This ruling was reportedly overturned in May 2021 – although this has only been stated by Stacks developers. The SEC has made no official declaration on the matter.
- Distribution: During the 2017-2019 ICO of STX, no tokens were made available to the public. They were distributed among unknown private investors and the founders. After a 3-year locking period, those tokens become liquid between January and November 2021.
- Adoption: Global adoption of STX mining has been slow. The number of miners on the network is low in comparison to the total number of slots available. The cryptocurrency industry has been moving away from mining consensus mechanisms due to their negative impact on the environment. It’s worth performing additional research on the sustainability of STX’s mining relative to other eco-friendly cryptocurrencies.
- Supply: The future supply of STX is capped at 1.8 billion, with 1.25 billion currently in circulation.
How to sell Stacks
You can cash out your STX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have STX on.
If you store your Stacks in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of STX you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Stacks.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Stacks, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of STX is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Stacks or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert