Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Quant (QNT)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling QNT in the US.
How to buy Quant
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Quant.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports QNT. Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account. Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Quant.
- Buy Quant. Complete your Quant purchase and then find the best wallet to store QNT.
What is Quant?
Quant aims to tackle the problem of blockchain interoperability. Launched in 2018 and headquartered in London, this project aims to allow for simple and cost-effective interaction and engagement between distributed ledger networks around the world.
The company has developed a product known as the Overledger DLT Gateway. Designed for enterprise use, Overledger DLT allows interoperability between different systems, networks and distributed ledgers. Developers can also use Overledger to create mDapps, which are decentralised applications that can be used across multiple distributed ledgers rather than being restricted to just one blockchain.
In order to access the Overledger DLT platform, users and developers need to have QNT tokens. QNT is an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum network and is used to pay network fees.
Quant (QNT) is the 124th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $738,756,875. The current price of Quant is $57.900, which is 17.090% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $60.250 and $40.180 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of May 14, 2021 01:05 UTC.
Where to buy QuantFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade QNT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Quant coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of QNT over time.
Quant at a glance
|Total QNT supply||14,612,493|
|All time high||US$2,018.000|
Quant price performance over time!
How to sell Quant
You can cash out your QNT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have QNT on.
If you store your Quant in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of QNT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Quant.
What to consider when buying Quant
Cryptocurrencies are complicated and speculative assets, so be aware that buying and selling cryptocurrency is highly risky. You’ll need to understand all of the risks involved, plus thoroughly research any coin or token, before you decide to buy.
If you’re thinking of buying any QNT, some of the factors you may want to consider first include:
- Supply. The total supply of QNT tokens is capped at 14.6 million. According to CoinMarketCap data at time of writing (April 2021), 83% of those tokens are currently in circulation.
- Competitors. Interoperability between blockchains is one of the barriers to the widespread adoption of blockchain technology. However, there are several notable companies trying to tackle the problem, so be sure to research all of them before deciding whether you should buy any QNT.
- What the future holds. As with any other crypto project, trying to predict what the future holds for Quant involves a fair bit of guesswork. While the fact that the team has already developed the Overledger DLT Gateway may be looked upon as a positive sign, whether or not Quant can attract a high level of development activity from the business world remains to be seen.
Ask an Expert