First Command First Classic Visa review
You’ll get low interest rates, but no rewards.
- Get this card if you often carry your balance.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on your purchases.
- Apply for this card with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1.5x
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a cryptocurrency and investments writer who has written over 700 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange and stock market trading.
The First Command First Classic Visa is a simple credit card with a few positive features: It comes with a $0 annual fee, a low variable APR of 7.74% and no foreign transaction fees.
On the downside, however, there’s no 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers, no rewards program and no signup bonus. This makes the card an option worth considering only if you carry your balance often. Otherwise, there are better no-annual-fee credit cards to choose from.
How to apply for the First Command First Classic Visa?
To apply for the card, you must be an existing First Command Bank customer. Here’s how the process goes:
- Visit the First Command Bank website and click Get started.
- Fill out the form with some basic information and your contact information.
- Wait for First Command Bank to contact you.
- If you are a First Command Bank customer, send your request at FCBVisaInbox@firstcommand.com.
What credit score do I need?
You need a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare intro APR credit cards
Consider a card with 0% intro APR on purchases for an even lower APR.
The First Command First Classic Visa is a simple card without much to set it apart from its competitors. While it has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, it also doesn’t come with rewards. The only feature going for this card is its relatively low APR.
For those reasons, there are better options if you always pay your balance on time. Make sure to compare credit cards until you find the right fit for your financial needs.