First Command Platinum Visa review
Get low interest rates and a $5,000 minimum credit line.
- Get this card if you often carry your balance.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on your purchases.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 720 or higher.
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a cryptocurrency and investments writer who has written over 700 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange and stock market trading.
The First Command Platinum Visa is a simple credit card with a $0 annual fee, a low variable APR of 8.5% and a high minimum credit limit of $5,000. Also, you won’t pay any fees on balance transfers and foreign transactions.
However, you won’t earn any bonus when you sign up. First Command Bank advertises that you can earn points with the ScoreCard rewards program, although further information on how many points you can earn, and on which categories, is hard to find.
How to apply for the First Command Platinum Visa?
To apply for the First Command Platinum Visa credit card, you must be an existing First Command Bank customer. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the First Command Bank website and click Get started.
- Fill out the form with some basic information and your contact information.
- Wait for First Command Bank to contact you.
- If you’re a First Command Bank customer, send your request at FCBVisaInbox@firstcommand.com.
What credit score do I need?
You need an excellent credit score of 720 or higher.
Compare credit cards
The First Command Platinum Visa is a no-frills credit card with no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees and no balance transfer fees. Also, you get a low variable APR of 8.5% and a high minimum credit line of $5,000.
But if you’re looking for a more rewarding option without paying an annual fee, compare credit cards with rewards until you find the right fit for your financial needs.