Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® review
This card only offers good value for Emirates frequent flyers.
- Get this card if you often fly between the US and the Middle East and you don’t want to pay a high annual fee.
- Pick something else if you don’t want to be bound to a single airline.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score for best chances of approval.
Miles as welcome offer
Up to 3x
15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3x miles on Emirates, 2x miles on airfare, hotels and car rentals, and 1x miles on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
You also get a complimentary Silver elite status for your first year, which comes with benefits like complimentary seat selection, excess baggage allowance, bonus miles on Emirates flights, complimentary access to Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai and more.
But to keep your Silver status, you need to either spend $20,000 each year with your card, make 25 qualifying flights or earn 25,000 tier miles. If you can’t meet either of these goals, the card may offer relatively low value beyond your first year unless you fly at least a few times each year.
Because of that, the Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® could be a good choice only for those who frequently fly with the airline and who want to earn more miles on their Emirates flights. Those who don’t fall into this category would find a better value with a general travel credit card.
How to apply for the Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard®
The application process is simple. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Emirates website.
- Click Loyalty at the top menu and then click Emirates Skywards Mastercard®.
- Select the Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® and click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
For best chances of approval you’ll need a credit score of 670 or higher.
Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® benefits
- Rewards. Earn 3x miles on emirates.com or at the Emirates sales office, 2x miles on airfare, hotel stays and car rentals, and 1x miles on all other purchases.
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in your first 90 days when you open your account. The average value of Emirates miles is 1.2 cents, which makes your 50,000 bonus worth up to $360. A one-way Economy flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Dubai (DXB) typically costs over $900.
- Emirates Skywards Silver membership. As a credit card member, you get complimentary Skywards Silver membership, but only during your first year.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $99 each year for the card.
- No intro APR period. You won’t get a 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers with this card. But this is a rare feature with airline cards anyway.
- High spend limit to maintain Emirates Skywards Silver membership. After your first year, you’ll need to spend $20,000 annually to maintain your status.
Compare airline credit cards
The Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® is a mid-tier airline credit card with rewards and a complimentary Silver elite status for your first year of card membership. Considering you pay $99 annually for this card, this card could be a good deal if you often fly with Emirates.