Rebuild your credit while earning rewards
We know that everyone’s situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners’ sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
With the cash back card from Credit One Bank, you can be rewarded for spending while boosting your credit score.
|Product Name||Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards|
|Annual Fee||$0 to $99|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||19.74% to 25.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value or $1, whichever is higher|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Returned Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$19|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards review
Getting rewarded for your everyday spending can make a difference between a good card and a great one. The Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards card provides rewards and a straightforward approach to building your credit.
Considering a new credit card is a big decision. It should be made only after you’ve looked over all of your options. Credit One’s annual fees for some of their cards are on the higher end. Though those fees are broken up over each month the second year, they may not be to your liking.
The nuts and bolts
- Based on your creditworthiness, the variable monthly APR for purchases will be from 19.74% to 25.74% variable.
- The cash advance rate is 25.74% variable.
- Each cash advance is $10 or 3% whichever is greater.
- Cash advances are limited to 25% of your assigned credit limit.
- At minimum your credit line will be $300.
- When making purchases in countries outside the U.S., the currency conversion will mirror the rates of Mastercard and Visa.
- At most, late payment fees are $38.
- Returned payment fees will also only go up to $38.
- 5% of your outstanding balance is required as a minimum payment each month, or $25, whichever is more.
- The minimum interest charge is no less than $1.
Fees & payments
- If you would like an authorized user for your account, you will be charged $19
- Cash advance fees are $10 or 3% whichever is greater, of each cash advance
- Late payments cost $38
- Returned payments cost up to $38
Cash back. Cardholders receive 1% cash back on eligible purchases, zero fraud liability, 23 card designs to choose from, travel accident insurance and auto rental collision damage waiver, free monthly credit score, and automatic posting of your rewards to your account each month.
The variable APR and annual fees for Credit One may be a bit steep for some customers’ liking. There is also some apprehension around the timeliness of customer service by other consumers. To avoid these pitfalls it is important to fully understand the monthly payments you will be making (even if you aren’t carrying a balance) and the variable percentage rates.
Did you know?
Pro tip: If you’re considering a credit card and want to work with a customer service agent directly, or on a regular basis, this may not be the card for you. If you’re independent and know your way around credit cards, you should be just fine.
How to apply
To apply now, just get together a few important documents. You will need your Social Security number, address, and monthly income. By clicking our affiliate link, you will be able to sign up for pre-approval and get matched with the card that is right for you.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or resident with a local address
- Have a valid Social Security number
Application requirements checklist
- First and last name
- Email and phone number
- Street address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Total monthly income
When considering any credit card, it’s important to shop around. However, if you’re after an all-around rewards credit card that can get you cash back on your spending and let you to keep tabs on your credit score, the Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards could be the card you’ve been searching for.