Rebuild your credit while earning rewards.
We know that everyone’s situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners’ sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
With the cash back card from Credit One Bank, you can be rewarded for spending while boosting your credit score.
|Product Name||Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards|
|Annual Fee||$0 to $99|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||19.99% to 25.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.99% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value or $1, whichever is higher|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Returned Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$19|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards review
Getting rewarded for your everyday spending can make a difference between a good card and a great one. The Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards card provides rewards and a straightforward approach to building your credit.
Considering a new credit card is a big decision. It should be made only after you’ve looked over all of your options. Credit One’s annual fees for some of their cards are on the higher end. Though those fees are broken up over each month the second year, they may not be to your liking.
The nuts and bolts
- Based on your creditworthiness, the variable monthly APR for purchases will be from 19.99% to 25.99% variable.
- The cash advance rate is 25.99% variable.
- Each cash advance is $10 or 3% whichever is greater.
- Cash advances are limited to 25% of your assigned credit limit.
- At minimum your credit line will be $300.
- When making purchases in countries outside the U.S., the currency conversion will mirror the rates of Mastercard and Visa.
- At most, late payment fees are $38.
- Returned payment fees will also only go up to $38.
- 5% of your outstanding balance is required as a minimum payment each month, or $25, whichever is more.
- The minimum interest charge is no less than $1.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards?
Depending on your credit, you may earn 1% cash back on all purchases. Here’s how much cash back you might earn at that rate, based on these sample budgets:
- $300 a month x 1% = $36 cash back a year
- $500 a month x 1% = $60 cash back a year
- $1,000 a month x 1% = $120 cash back a year
How much do I have to spend to make the annual fee worth it?
Your cashback rate depends on your credit, and so does your annual fee. If your annual fee is $99, you’ll want to earn enough cash back to make it worth paying.
At a 1% cash back rate on all purchases, you’d need to spend $9,900 to break even on a $99 annual fee.
Compare cash back credit cards
Fees & payments
- If you would like an authorized user for your account, you will be charged $19
- Cash advance fees are $10 or 3% whichever is greater, of each cash advance
- Late payments cost $38
- Returned payments cost up to $38
- Qualified applicants will receive a card with a competitive APR and no annual fee along with 1% cash back rewards on all purchases, terms apply
- View updates to your Experian credit score with free online access, terms apply
- Make paying your bill easier with the ability to choose your payment due date, terms apply
- Access your account on-the-go with the Credit One Bank mobile app
- Never miss an account update with customizable text and email alerts
- Show off your personality by selecting from a variety of card designs, a fee may apply
The variable APR and annual fees for Credit One may be a bit steep for some customers’ liking. There is also some apprehension around the timeliness of customer service by other consumers. To avoid these pitfalls it is important to fully understand the monthly payments you will be making (even if you aren’t carrying a balance) and the variable percentage rates.
If you’re considering a credit card and want to work with a customer service agent directly, or on a regular basis, this may not be the card for you. If you’re independent and know your way around credit cards, you should be just fine.
How to apply
To apply now, just get together a few important documents. You will need your Social Security number, address, and monthly income. By clicking our affiliate link, you will be able to sign up for pre-approval and get matched with the card that is right for you.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or resident with a local address
- Have a valid Social Security number
Application requirements checklist
- First and last name
- Email and phone number
- Street address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Total monthly income
How do I redeem rewards from the Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards?
You don’t need to do anything to redeem your rewards — Credit One Bank will redeem them as statement credit every month.
When considering any credit card, it’s important to shop around. However, if you’re after an all-around rewards credit card that can get you cash back on your spending and let you to keep tabs on your credit score, the Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards could be the card you’ve been searching for.