|Product Name||Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||16.99%, 21.74% or 26.74% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first fifteen billing cycles (then 16.99%, 21.74% or 26.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 32,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Reward Value per Dollar||2 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
A points machine for Choice Hotels regulars, offering an attractive introductory points bonus and a solid balance transfer promotion.
The Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card offers — to put it simply — a lot of points. It has an impressive introductory points bonus, and it turns into a points machine if you often stay at Choice Hotels locations like Comfort Suites and Econo Lodge. With a $0 APR for fifteen billing cycles on balance transfers made within the first 45 days, it’s also a respectable balance transfer card — especially when you factor in a $0 annual fee.
Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card review
The Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card is most effective at helping you do one thing: earn points. When you obtain the card, you’ll have the opportunity to earn 32,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 — enough for 4 free nights at Choice Hotels properties. And each year you spend $10,000, you’ll earn 8,000 bonus points.
The 15x points multiple on everyday spending is certainly outmatched by bonuses from cards like the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®. However, if you’re a heavy spender at Choice Hotels locations, you’ll activate a points machine: You’ll receive 5x points on Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards, and 2x points for spending at Choice Privileges locations (5 through the card, 10 through the loyalty program). You’ll even receive complimentary Choice Privileges Elite Gold status, netting you perks like an exclusive reservations line and accelerated earnings with a 10% points bonus on spending.
Like the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card, the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card is also a solid balance transfer card. You’ll receive a $0 APR for fifteen billing cycles on balance transfers posted within the first 45 days. That’s a respectable offer — especially considering the card’s $0 annual fee.
Benefits of the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
- 32,000 introductory points offer. If you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days, you’ll earn 32,000 bonus points. These points can be redeemed for up to 4 free nights at Choice Hotels locations.
- 2x points for Choice Privileges spending. For every dollar spent at Choice Privileges locations, you’ll earn 2 points (5 through your Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card and 10 through your Choice Privileges membership).
- 5x points on Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards. For every dollar you spend on Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards, you’ll earn 5 points.
- 15x points on all other categories. For every dollar spent in all other categories, you’ll earn 15 points.
- 8,000 anniversary points after $10,000 of spending. Every year you spend $10,000 by your account anniversary, you’ll earn 8,000 bonus points.
- $0 annual fee. You can use your card without having to pay an annual membership fee.
- Automatic Gold status. As a cardholder, you’ll have automatic Gold status in the Choice Privileges Elite loyalty program. Gold gives you benefits like the ability to book up to 50 days in advance for reward redemptions, a 10% points bonus on Choice Hotels spending, and an exclusive reservations line.
- $0 introductory APR for balance transfers. On balance transfers that are posted within 45 days of your account’s opening, you’ll receive a $0 APR for the first fifteen billing cycles.
Features of the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
- Sliding APR scale. The Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card comes with a variable purchase and balance transfer APR of 16.99%, 21.74% or 26.74% based on your creditworthiness.
- Higher APR for cash advances. If you plan on taking out a cash advance, keep in mind that the APR for doing so will be 26.99% variable. You will also be required to pay a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater.
- Foreign transaction fee. For each overseas transaction made with the card, there will be a fee of 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars.
How to apply for the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are a US citizen or resident of the United States, Puerto Rico, or a U.S. territory
Required documents & information
- Your name, residential status, and residential address
- Your Social Security number
- Your email address, phone number, and date of birth
- Financial information like your annual salary and wages