BP Business Solutions Mastercard® review
Buy at least 300 gallons of fuel per month for strong rebates, but beware of fees.
- Get this card if you frequent BP- and Amoco-branded gas stations.
- Pick something else if your fleet isn’t based in the Midwest or East Coast.
- Apply for this card with an excellent credit score of 580 or higher.
Up to 6
Cents off a gallon
Up to $120
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
|Product Name||BP Business Solutions Mastercard®|
|Annual fee||Up to $120|
|Purchase APR||27.24% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Late payment fee||$75|
|Late payment fee conditions||$75 or 5% of the new balance, whichever is greater|
$75 or 9.99% of the new balance, whichever is greater for high risk accounts
|Returned payment fee||Up to $50|
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
Use this card to control costs and see detailed reports on fuel spending. It can be a strong choice if your fleet spends at least 300 gallons of fuel a month and can take advantage of the rebates.
How to apply for the BP Business Solutions Mastercard®
- Visit the BP website and click Apply now.
- Complete the application form with business details such as your name, business name, business contact details, number of vehicles and business annual income.
- Review and submit your application.
What credit score do I need?
You may qualify for this card if you have at least a fair credit score of 580. But Fleetcor deems your account high-risk if your score is below 660. If so, you may pay higher late fees.
What does it mean for my account to be high-risk?
Fleetcor may designate your account as high-risk if:
- Your commercial credit score is below 520.
- Your personal credit score is below 660.
- Your credit score drops by 51 or more points within a three-month period.
- You incur more than one late fee in any 12-month period.
- Your account is 30 or more days delinquent in any 12-month period.
- You make a payment that’s not honored by your bank.
- If your account is high-risk, Fleetcor may change your payment terms, billing cycle, fees and credit limit. Additionally, it may charge a 2% fee per billing cycle, which it calls a Credit Risk Assessment.
- Save up to 6 cents per gallon on fuel at BP stations.
Each month you purchase at least 300 gallons of fuel at BP stations, you can save up to 6 cents per gallon on fuel, and up to 3.5 cents per gallon on diesel.
- Control costs.
Set fuel-only limits and restrict purchases only to business hours, which helps you cut down on unauthorized purchases. Set spending caps by day, week or month. Also, set cards to prompt for ID numbers and odometer readings.
- Manage cards on your account.
Activate new cards, and deactivate lost or stolen cards immediately.
- View usage data.
Access transaction data online including itemized transaction details and IDs for cards and drivers. And cut down on waste by viewing vehicle performance and fuel usage.
Rewards on gas purchases
|Gallons purchased in a month||Rebate per gallon|
|0 to 299||0|
|300 to 2,999||3.5 cents|
|3,000 to 7,999||4 cents|
|8,000 to 9,999||5 cents|
What to watch out for
- Not a revolving credit account.
Fleetcor charges a late fee if you don’t pay your balance in full. It determines your billing frequency after you open your account — weekly, monthly or twice monthly.
Some of the fees Fleetcor charge inlcude a monthly fee for buying less than 5,000 gallons of fuel a month and using your card at other stations other than BP and Amoco.
Associated card fees
|Fee||Purpose/When it applies||Amount|
|Account fee||Administration fee for using your card.||Up to $10 per account per month.|
|Out-of-network fee||Using your card at merchant locations that are not branded with BP or Amoco.||Up to $2 per transaction.|
|Late fee||Not making the full payment of the total balance due by the due date.|
|Check-by-phone fee||Making a payment by calling a customer service representative.||Up to $15.|
|EFT setup fee||Setup fee if Fleetcor offers an EFT payment option and you accept it.||$50 (one time).|
|EFT/ACH/wire fee||Making a customer-initiated EFT, ACH or wire payment.||$50 per payment.|
|Returned check fee||If you make a payment that’s not honored by your bank.||Up to $50.|
|Currency Conversion Assessment Fee/Mastercard Cross-Border Fee||Making an international purchase with your card.|
|Card delivery fee||Requesting replacement cards.||$2.50 per card.|
Compare other business cards for gas rewards
This card may not be the best choice if your fleet buys less than 300 gallons of fuel each month. However, you’ll find competitive rebates the more gas you buy.
If you’re not sure a fleet card is right for you, consider a small-business gas card.