Get 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
|Product Name||BB&T Bright® Credit Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||12.99% and 21.99% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 15 months (then 12.99% and 21.99% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 15 months (then 12.99% to 21.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% or $10 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||23.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction amount|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The BB&T Bright® Credit Card doesn’t come with many bells and whistles. Instead, it offers solid introductory benefits like $0 annual fee and 15 months introductory APR.
If it’s a signup bonus you’re after, look elsewhere — the BB&T Bright® Credit Card doesn’t offer one.
You can earn cash back from the card, but only if you use it with select retailers. Consider products like the Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card for cash back with no annual fee.
- INTRO APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
The BB&T Bright® Credit Card comes with a strong 15 months APR period. Not only is it a decent balance transfer card, but it’s also a fine choice if you need to make a big purchase now and pay for it over time.
- ANNUAL FEE: None.
A $0 annual fee means you can transfer balances to the BB&T Bright® Credit Card and then easily keep it for the long term.
- APR: As low as 12.99% variable.
With great credit, you could qualify for a relatively low 12.99% variable. APR. That’s below the average credit card APR of around 16%.
On the downside, the APR range extends all the way to 21.99% variable. So if your credit score is low, you could see an APR at the top of that range.
You’ll also like …
Through BB&T Deals, you can earn cash back by using your card at participating retailers that include:
- Jamba Juice
- Travel emergency assistance and accident insurance from Visa. Learn more about Visa benefits.
- No penalty APR.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
- No returned payment fee.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus.
Some cards come with a bonus when you become a customer, such as extra points or cash back. The BB&T Bright® Credit Card doesn’t offer this.
Learn more about rewards credit cards
- Limited cash back.
This card doesn’t offer cash back for all purchases. You’ll receive cash back only if you shop with select retailers.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR starts at 12.99% variable, but it can soar as high as 21.99% variable. With poor credit a low credit score, you’re more likely to get a higher APR.
Looking for a cash back card? Consider these brands
What to know before you apply
To apply for the BB&T Bright® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number and mother’s maiden name.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for the BB&T Bright® Credit Card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
What others say about the BB&T Bright® Credit Card
The Branch Banking and Trust Company earns an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. It’s been accredited since 1974.
Customers generally say the BB&T Bright® Credit Card is far from exciting but gets the job done. Some are especially pleased with their low APR. Additionally, many of them say BB&T’s customer service is excellent and quick to respond to fraudulent charges.
How to apply for the BB&T Bright® Credit Card
1. Go to the BB&T website and click Open an account.
2. Let BB&T know whether you’re a current customer. If you are, you’ll enter your Social Security number and your Online Banking user ID and password.
If you aren’t a BB&T customer, click Continue.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
Continue with the application by accepting the terms and conditions, making a balance transfer and reviewing the information you’ve submitted.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll need to wait a few days to a few weeks to receive a response.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the BB&T website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance — and avoid interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with hefty fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact BB&T support at 800-226-5228 or send a secure message from your account.
The BB&T Bright® Credit Card doesn’t offer many perks. However, you can get it with $0 annual fee.
The card’s strongest benefit is its 0% intro APR for 15 months. That makes it a good balance transfer card, and a solid choice if you need to make a big purchase now and pay it off over time.