Convenient, secure money transfers to more than 200 countries
With almost 5,000 retail financial centers, 16,000 ATMs and an online banking platform used by more than 30 million people, Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. In addition to operations across all 50 states, the bank also serves the financial needs of clients in more than 35 countries.
If you need to send money overseas, Bank of America offers a secure, convenient international wire transfer to more than 200 countries. Transfers can be sent online or at your nearest Bank of America branch and are typically completed within two business days. But you must have an account with Bank of America.
|Product Name||Bank of America|
|Min. Transfer Amount||$0|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|Banking Partner||Bank of America|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
Wire transfers from your BofA bank account
As a Bank of America customer, you can log on to your online banking account and wire money directly from there. Or head to your nearest branch to initiate a transfer in person. Only bank-to-bank transfers are available with Bank of America.
- BofA customers. Wire money directly from your BofA bank account.
- Worldwide transfers. Bank of America allows you to send funds to more than 200 countries.
- In-person transfers. You can initiate your transfer online or at your local Bank of America branch. BofA operates thousands of ATMs and branches.
- Added security. Wire transfers are a safe, secure method of sending money overseas.
Bank of America SWIFT/BIC information
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|Bank of America||BOFAUS3N||222 Broadway New York, New York 10038||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
How much will I pay to transfer money with Bank of America?
Bank of America has a three-tiered transfer fee, with the price depending on the following criteria:
|Outbound domestic wire transfer||$30|
|Outbound international wire sent in foreign currency||$35|
|Outbound international wire sent in U.S. dollars||$45|
Like any large bank, Bank of America updates its rates regularly to align with the changing global market. While it doesn’t reveal its exchange rates online, Bank of America will show you the rate that applies to your transaction before you confirm the details of your transfer. You’ll get a weaker exchange rate than you will with a specialist money transfer company.
What types of transfers can I make with Bank of America?
Bank of America offers international wire transfers directly to your recipient’s bank account in more than 200 countries around the world. If you don’t want to send a wire transfer, it also provides the option of obtaining an international money order and then mailing it to your recipient overseas.
Pros and cons of using Bank of America
- Send money to 200+ countries. Help out family and friends wherever necessary.
- Secure transfer method. Wire transfers are a secure, reliable way to send money overseas.
- Transfer options. You can initiate your transfer online or at your local Bank of America branch.
- Trusted provider. A trusted name in the banking industry, BofA has a long history of providing financial solutions for millions of customers.
- Two-day delivery. Send money in two business days, which is better than many banks but won’t help with weekend transfers.
- Fees. Prepare to pay a transfer fee of $35 to $45 when you send money overseas. Domestic transfers cost less.
- Customers only. You’ll need to have an account with BofA before starting a transfer.
- Wire transfer or money orders only. Recipients can withdraw cash from their account after the transfer is complete.
The registration and transfer process
If you aren’t already a customer of Bank of America and you’d like to use its transfer services, you will need to open a bank account.
Depending on the type of account you open, you’ll need to provide your full name and contact information and your Social Security Number. Once you have an account, you can log in to Bank of America’s online banking portal to set up a transfer or you can visit your local branch.
To initiate a wire transfer, you will need to provide:
- Your recipient’s name, mailing address and country of residence.
- Your recipient’s routing and account number and SWIFT code.
- Your reason for sending funds overseas.
Once you’ve initiated your wire transfer, it typically takes up to two business days for the money to arrive in your recipient’s account.
Does Zelle work with Bank of America?
Yes. Zelle, the new peer-to-peer payment platform, is available through Bank of America’s app. Here’s how you can use it to transfer money to other Zelle accounts in minutes:
- Sign in to Bank of America’s app and select Send.
- Choose who you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Write an optional note and hit SendMoney.
Bank of America’s wire transfers are a secure, convenient solution when you need to send money overseas.
However, to find a service that’s best for your situation, compare the transfer fees, exchange rates and other details of money transfer specialists.
How does Bank of America compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.