Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® vs Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
Two titans of premier travel rewards credit cards go head to head.
Summary of card features
AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®
- Easy to earn signup bonus and companion certificate
- Earn AAdvantage miles on purchases
- Intro APR period on balance transfers
- First bag checked free
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after you make $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Rewards. Earn 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, on gas station and restaurant purchases. Earn 1x miles on all other purchases.
- American Airlines perks. Get first checked bag free and preferred boarding on American Airlines itineraries, plus 25% savings on eligible in-flight food and beverage purchases, and a $125 flight discount when you spend $20,000 or more in a cardmembership year.
Compare airline credit cards
Ask an Expert