Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Earn more miles with the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining
Earn up to 5x miles at participating restaurants, bars and clubs.
The Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program might be a fit if you often fly with Alaska Airlines and want to earn more miles. Membership is free and it helps boost your mile-earning every time you dine at participating locations.
What's in this guide?
- What is the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
- Compare credit cards that earn miles with the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program
- How does the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program work?
- How do I sign up for Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
- What bonuses does the Alaska Airlines dining program offer?
- What restaurants are part of the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
What is the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
Using this rewards program, you can earn up to 5x miles on dining purchases at more than 10,000 restaurants, bars and clubs. Taxes and tips are included in your mile-earning.
Say you spend $3,000 annually at these locations. That’s 15,000 miles. Considering a one-way main cabin flight on Alaska Airlines starts at 5,000 miles, that’s three award flights in a year earned with dining.
More Finder tips
Compare credit cards that earn miles with the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program
How does the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program work?
Once you sign up for the program, you can earn Alaska miles on dining purchases at participating locations. The number of miles you earn depends on your membership level and, for some locations, on which day of the week you visit.
|Membership level||VIP member||Select member||Select member|
|Miles you earn per dollar||5 miles||3 miles||0.5 miles|
|Requirements to reach membership level||Subscribe to receive promotional emails and make 11 transactions at participating locations in a calendar year.||Subscribe to receive promotional emails.||Sign up for the program without subscribing for promotional emails.|
- Can I have more than one card linked to a dining program? Yes, you can link up to 12 cards to your Alaska dining account. However, you can’t use the same card for Alaska dining program and other airlines programs at the same time.
How do I sign up for Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
Get a Mileage Plan number before signing up for the program.
- Visit the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining website.
- Sign up with your full name, address, contact information and Mileage Plan number.
- Add your credit or debit cards that you use for dining.
- Use your cards at participating restaurants.
What bonuses does the Alaska Airlines dining program offer?
You can earn a signup bonus of 1,000 miles once you spend $30 at participating location in your first 30 days of program membership. But you have to use a linked card and leave a review.
What restaurants are part of the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program?
There are more than 10,000 participating restaurants, bars and clubs throughout the US. However, only three are located in Anchorage at the time of writing:
- Pioneer Bar
- Darwin’s Theory
- Long Branch Saloon
How to find which restaurants are part of the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program
Visit the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program website and use the search bar. You can either search for a city or a zip code, or you can search using the name of a certain restaurant or a bar.
How to get the most out of the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program
- Earn a signup bonus. Earn 1,000 bonus miles if you spend $30 at a participating restaurant within the first 30 days of program membership.
- Submit your email address to receive promotions. Earn 3x miles by submitting your email.
- Use the dining program. Earn VIP membership by visiting 11 participating locations in a calendar year.
- Use a dining credit card. Earn Alaska miles on top of your credit card rewards by linking a dining credit card and using it at participating restaurants.
- Leave restaurant reviews. Earn bonus miles by leaving a review. This is often a requirement to earn the signup bonus miles.
Alaska Airlines frequent flyers could earn extra miles with the dining program. With a VIP membership, you could rack up 5x miles every time you dine at participating locations.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best credit card combinations
Use these credit card combinations to boost your rewards earnings.
Best and worst states to retire
The best and worst states to retire based on affordability; crime and poverty; culture; weather and location; and health and wellbeing.
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn additional points on Spirit purchases, plus earn points on groceries and dining.
Best cashback credit cards
The top cards often have cashback rewards of 5% or more. But which one is the best for you depends on how you spend.
Best 0% APR credit cards
Our top picks for cards with zero intro APR in 2021.
Best credit cards for travel in 2021
Here are our picks for the top travel cards on the market.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Best no-annual-fee credit cards of 2021
Our picks for the best no-annual-fee cards.
Ask an Expert