The 24k Prepaid Visa® RushCard offers online and in-store purchasing without a credit check
If you’re unable to get a credit card, check out the 24K Prepaid Visa RushCard. Without a credit check, you can easily make purchases anywhere that takes Visa.
RushCard offers a choice of two plans:
- The Unlimited plan. Allows you an unlimited number of purchases for a monthly fee of $7.95, or $5.95 if you enroll in direct deposit.
- The Pay As You Go plan. You forgo the monthly charge, but pay $1 for each purchase you make, limited to $10 per month.
With no minimum balance and the ability to change your plan at anytime, the 24K Prepaid Visa RushCard may fit your budget. Keep in mind that this is not a credit card or a line of credit. You load your cash onto the card and can then use it anywhere that takes Visa.
- Product name. 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard
- Issuing bank. MetaBank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc.
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit. $5,000
Fees you can expect
- Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fee. $2.50
- Unlimited plan monthly fee. $7.95 per month
- Unlimited plan monthly fee with direct deposit. $5.95
- Pay As You Go plan. $1 per transaction (max $10 per month)
- Inactivity fee. $1.95 per month after 90 days of inactivity with the Pay-As-You-Go Plan.
- Withdrawal fee at MoneyPass ATM. $0
- Withdrawal fee at out-of-network ATM. $2.50
- Withdrawal fee from bank teller. $2.50
- Cash back from retailers withdrawal fee. $0 (or included in the $1 transaction fee)
- Reloading direct deposit fee. $0
- Reload fee for online transfers from your bank. $0
- Fee to load cash at retailers. No fee from RushCard
- ATM balance inquiry fee (out of network). $0.50
- Fee to transfer to another RushCard. $0.99
- Online bill pay fee. $0
- Mobile check deposit. $0 (1%-4% of check for same day option.)
What are the benefits of the 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard?
- High standards. The RushCard meets the Visa Clear Prepaid Standards for clearly stating their fees and offering great consumer protection.
- Reloading. You can reload your card in a variety of ways, including: MoneyGram, Western Union, Green Dot and more. These reloading options can be found at places like CVS and Wal-Mart. Keep in mind that there is a fee.
- Free ATM Network. Your RushCard will work like any Visa, which means you can use it to make purchases in-store and online. The 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard works at more than 24,000 surcharge-free MoneyPass ATMs. But you will incur a fee if you withdraw money at an out-of-network ATM.
- Online access. You can pay your bills and access your account online.
- Customer service. RushCard offers 24-hour customer support.
- Direct deposit. If you sign up for direct deposit, you can get your money up to two days faster. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about enrollment charges, check cashing fees or long lines at the bank. You can even arrange for your tax refund to be deposited directly to your RushCard.
- Secure. RushCard has strict fraud policies, smart monitoring tools, optional text alerts and more. Your card will also be covered under the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Pause protection. Lose your card? With pause protection, you can temporarily pause and prevent new purchases from being made from your mobile app.
- Rewards. If you refer a friend and they apply, set up a PIN and deposit funds to their RushCard, you will receive $30 to your account. Other rewards include Walmart and Sam’s Club pharmacy discounts and Visa rewards from more than 90 participating retailers.
- Savings goals. RushCard lets you set goals and track your savings online.
- Financial counseling. MetaBank (issuer of the 24K Prepaid Visa RushCard) offers members one-on-one credit counseling from Operation Hope.
What to watch out for
- Limits. There are limits on how much money you can add, transfer or receive.
- Statement price difference. You can expect a $1 paper statement fee each time a paper copy of your statement is mailed to you.
- Fees. Watch out for fees with this card, as they can add up. Conveniently, RushCard’s website lists potential fees you can encounter with the card. Signing up for direct deposit will help you avoid some fees.
How to apply for the 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old or 13 years old with parental consent.
- All personal information is true and correct.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the United States (excluding Vermont).
- Have a physical address (not a P.O. box).
- Agree to RushCard’s provided terms and conditions.
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
Applying for this card is quick and simple following these steps:
- First, go to RushCard’s main homepage. You will see a button that says “Get a RushCard,” with a place to input your email and full name.
- You’ll then be taken to the card’s application page where you’ll enter your information, choose your card design and your plan (Unlimited or Pay As You Go).
- Agree to the consent for the electronic disclosure of information, and submit your application.
I got the 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard — now what?
Once you’ve received the card, it’s time to add money and start spending. The card is accepted at thousands of locations, and works just like a Visa card. You can load up your card at CVS and Walmart through methods like Green Dot and MoneyGram.
After getting the card, you are free to shop online and in store in a more secure way. The 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard can help you stay on top of your bills, especially with convenient features like paying bills online.
Sign up for direct deposit to avoid paying fees.
If you’re looking for an easy way to pay bills and manage your finances, the 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard could be a helpful solution. However, there are lots of potential fees to watch out for, making this card more expensive than some other prepaid cards.
Before choosing the 24k Prepaid Visa RushCard, make sure to explore other credit cards in the industry.