Zions Bank® AmaZing Rewards® credit card review
Earn points on purchases and redeem them as statement credits.
- Get this card if you want a simple rewards credit card without an annual fee.
- Pick something else if you want accelerated points on select categories.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 2x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 6 months (then 11.24% to 18.24% variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 12 months (then 11.24% to 18.24% variable)
|Welcome Offer||2x points on purchases in the first 90 days, then 1x points|
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 months (then 11.24% to 18.24% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 11.24% to 18.24% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Steven Dashiell is a credit cards writer at Finder. He's worked on 250 Finder articles and counting, helping readers embrace and maximize credit cards. Backed by nearly a decade of research and reporting experience, Steve's work can be seen on Debt.com, CreditCards.com and Lifehacker.
The Zions Bank® AmaZing Rewards® credit card is a fairly simple rewards card without an annual fee, offering solid rewards opportunities on your spending. The card comes with an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, along with bonus annual reward points based on how much you spend.
There is, however, a fairly large catch with this card – it’s only available in three states. You must live in Utah, Idaho or Wyoming to apply.
- Signup bonus. Earn 2x points on purchases in the first 90 days your account is open, reverting to 1x points after.
- Reward points. Earn 1x points on all purchases. You can also earn a tiered bonus of up to 25% of your total points earned throughout the year.
- Intro APR on purchases. Get a 0% intro APR on purchases in your first 6 months of card membership. A variable APR of 11.24% to 18.24% applies after your intro expires.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Take advantage of a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months after your transfer posts to your account. A variable APR of 11.24% to 18.24% applies after your intro expires.
- Visa benefits. Get car rental protection, travel accident insurance, emergency assistance, replacements for lost or stolen cards and other Visa cardholder perks.
Annual reward bonus
Your annual bonus rewards depend on how much you spend annually. You must spend at least $5,000 in a calendar year to earn a bonus on your annual earnings.
|Total spent annually||Annual rewards bonus percentage|
|$25,000 or more||25%|
Say that you spend $7,500 over the course of a year, earning 7,500 rewards at the standard 1x rewards rate. According to Zions Bank’s chart, you’d qualify for a 5% bonus at the end of the year — or 375 extra points — bringing your total points earned to 7,875.
What to watch out for
- Limited availability.
Eligibility is open to residents of Utah, Idaho or Wyoming only.
- Foreign transaction fees.
You’ll pay a fee equal to 3% of each purchase paid for with your card outside the US and at foreign websites.
- Balance transfer limitations.
The intro APR applies to balance transfers posted in the first 60 days of card membership. Otherwise, a standard variable APR of 11.24% to 18.24% applies.
Compare rewards credit cards
Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards
The recently retooled Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards program allows you to apply your reward points toward any purchase you made with your credit card.
How much are Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards points worth?
According to the Zions Bank website, each AmaZing Rewards point is worth one cent as statement credit. That means 10,000 points would be worth $100.
Do AmaZing Rewards points expire?
No. Your points don’t expire so long as your account remains open.
The Zions Bank® AmaZing Rewards® credit card is a simple rewards card with no annual fee. You can earn points on everything you buy for redemption as a statement credit. But it’s available to residents of Utah, Idaho or Wyoming only.
If you don’t live in an eligible state or are looking for more robust perks, compare other rewards credit cards for a better fit.