A solid no-annual-fee card for loyal Wyndham customers.
- Get this card if you frequently stay at Wyndham properties.
- Pick something else if you stay at a different brand of hotels or if you want a general travel rewards card.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
|Product Name||Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.24%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 6 billing cycles on Wyndham Timeshare Purchases (then 17.24%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 15 billing cycles (then 17.24%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 15,000 bonus points after your first purchase|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x points|
|Rewards Points Expiration||Never|
This can be a highly valuable card if you’re a loyal customer of Wyndham properties. Aside from earning points for hotel stays at more than 8,000 Wyndham locations worldwide, you’ll earn double points on gas, utilities and groceries. Plus, the signup bonus gives you enough points to redeem for a single night.
You’ll also find this card to be a good choice for balance transfers, as you’ll get a long intro APR period. This could save you a lot on interest if you have another account that’s stuck with a high APR.
Alternative card for hotel rewards: Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
After you make your first purchase or balance transfer, you’ll get 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points. That’s enough for a free night at participating hotels.
Traveling can often mean earning more rewards when you take advantage of the unlimited 3x points on Wyndham properties stays. You can also earn 2x points on gas, utilities and groceries, and 1x points on everything else you buy.
Intro APR period.
Enjoy a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 17.24%, 21.99% or 26.99% will apply. The intro APR period on balance transfers is valid for transfers made within 45 days of card membership.
No annual fee.
You get all these perks without paying an annual fee.
You’ll also like …
Discount on eligible Wyndham properties stays.
Get 10% off the best available rate during your booking process when you pay using your card.
Wyndham Rewards Gold level.
As long as your account is open, you’ll get Gold level benefits, such as late checkout, preferred room, dedicated member service and more.
In case of loss or theft of your card, Barclays won’t hold you liable for unauthorized payments made with your card.
Get assistance with recommendations and reservations for dining, hotels, entertainment and more.
No foreign transaction fee.
Use your card freely when traveling abroad and you won’t pay any foreign transaction fees. Other cards have up to 3% fees for each transaction.
What is membership-level status?
Wyndham rewards its loyal customers with various membership levels. There are four levels, based on the number of nights you have stayed at Wyndham properties:
- Blue. Achieved when you enroll in the Wyndham loyalty program. Benefits include free Wi-Fi, rollover nights and a discount on local experiences.
- Gold. You earn Gold level with the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card. Benefits include all Blue perks, plus late checkout, preferred rooms and dedicated member service.
- Platinum. You earn Platinum level after 15 nights at Wyndham properties. Benefits include all Gold level perks, plus early check-in, bonus points and Avis and Budget car rental upgrades in the US and Canada.
- Diamond. You earn Diamond level after 40 nights. Benefits include all Platinum perks, plus suite upgrades, welcome amenities and the ability to give Gold-level status to a family member each year.
What to watch out for
For late payments, you’ll pay up to a $37 fee. The upside is that there’s no penalty APR. Other cards have up to 30% penalty APRs, which you could be stuck with indefinitely.
Balance transfer limits.
Balance transfers must post within 45 days of account opening to receive the intro APR period. Otherwise, the regular APR at the time will apply.
Consider other cards if …
You prefer different brands of hotels.
If you frequently stay at hotels such as Marriott, Starwood or Hilton, consider the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or the Hilton Honors American Express Card.
You want a general travel rewards card.
If you want flexibility with earning and redeeming points, a general travel rewards card could be a better choice. Consider the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®, which lets you earn unlimited miles on every purchase.
Alternatively, consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and earn more points on travel and dining.
Compare top rewards credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
To use the 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for 15 billing cycles following your account opening, your transfers must post within 45 days of card membership. After that, a variable APR of 17.24%, 21.99% or 26.99% will apply.
Once you request a transfer, wait at least four weeks for the transfer to complete. If your requested balance transfer exceeds your credit limit, Barclays may either accept a partial amount or decline the entire transaction. Know that transfers from accounts that Barclays has issued to you won’t be accepted.
For each transfer you make, you’ll pay either $5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater. This means you’d pay a $30 fee for a $1,000 balance transfer.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the US.
Also, you must provide the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Employment and financial information
- Date of birth and Social Security number
You may request a balance transfer during your application.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher. If you apply with a better credit score, you may get a lower APR and a higher credit line.
What do customers say about the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card?
The Better Business Bureau rates Barclays with an A+, the rating combined with customer reviews gives the bank a composite score of 3.77 out of 5. Most customers there complain about poor customer support for the bank.
As for the card, customers are generally happy with the points redemption value.
How to apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card
- Go to the Barclays website.
- Find the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card from the list of travel cards, then click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
How long will it take to get my Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card?
In most cases, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application, but sometimes you may need to wait a few business days to a few weeks until your application is manually approved.
Once approved, your card will arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Barclays Mobile Banking app. Use it to make payments, transfer funds, find an ATM, call customer service directly through the app and more.
- Download the Wyndham Rewards app. Book your stays and track your points directly through your phone.
- Avoid interest. Your grace period is 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. Pay your balances on time and in full to avoid paying interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. You’ll pay up to $37 for late and returned payments. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. Call Barclays customer service at 866-928-8598, or contact them directly through the Barclays mobile app.
If you frequently stay at Wyndham properties — and if you want a long intro APR period on balance transfers — you’ll find this card to be of great value.