Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card review
A solid no-annual-fee card for loyal Wyndham customers.
- Get this card if you frequently stay at Wyndham properties.
- Pick something else if you stay at a different brand of hotels or if you want a general travel rewards card.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 5x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshares (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)
|Welcome offer||30,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||5x points at hotels, select Wyndham properties and timeshares, 5x on gas and 1x on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshares (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 15 billing cycles (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
This can be a highly valuable card if you’re a loyal customer of Wyndham properties. Aside from earning points for hotel stays at more than 8,000 Wyndham locations worldwide, you’ll earn 5x points on gas, 2x points on dining and groceries. Plus, the signup bonus gives you enough points to redeem for up to four free nights.
You’ll also find this card to be a good choice for balance transfers, as you’ll get a long intro APR period. This could save you a lot on interest if you have another account that’s stuck with a high APR.
How to apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card
- Go to the Barclays website.
- Find the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card from the list of travel cards, then click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
How long will it take to get my Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card?
In most cases, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application, but sometimes you may need to wait a few business days to a few weeks until your application is manually approved.
Once approved, your card will arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
- Signup bonus. After spending $1,000 on your first 90 days, you’ll get 30,000 Wyndham Rewards points. That’s enough for up to four free nights at participating hotels.
- Earn points. Traveling can often mean earning more rewards when you take advantage of the unlimited 5x points on Wyndham properties stays. You can also earn 5x points on gas, earn 2x points on dining and groceries, and 1x points on everything else you buy.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% will apply. The intro APR period on balance transfers is valid for transfers made within 45 days of card membership.
- No annual fee. You get all these perks without paying an annual fee.
You’ll also like …
- Discounts on eligible Wyndham properties stays. Get 10% off the best available rate during your booking process when you pay using your card.
- Wyndham Rewards Gold level. As long as your account is open, you’ll get Gold level benefits, such as late checkout, preferred room, dedicated member service and more.
- Fraud protection. In case your card gets lost or stolen, Barclays won’t hold you liable for unauthorized payments made with your card.
- Concierge service. Get assistance with recommendations and reservations for dining, hotels, entertainment and more.
- No foreign transaction fee. Use your card freely when traveling abroad and you can enjoy zero foreign transaction fees. Other cards have up to 3% fees for each transaction.
What is membership-level status?
Wyndham rewards its loyal customers with various membership levels. There are four levels, based on the number of nights you have stayed at Wyndham properties:
- Blue. Achieved when you enroll in the Wyndham loyalty program. Benefits include free Wi-Fi, rollover nights and a discount on local experiences.
- Gold. You earn Gold level with the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card. Benefits include all Blue perks, plus late checkout, preferred rooms and dedicated member service.
- Platinum. You earn Platinum level after 15 nights at Wyndham properties. Benefits include all Gold level perks, plus early check-in, bonus points and Avis and Budget car rental upgrades in the US and Canada.
- Diamond. You earn Diamond level after 40 nights. Benefits include all Platinum perks, plus suite upgrades, welcome amenities and the ability to give Gold-level status to a family member each year.
What to watch out for
- Penalty fees. For late payments, you’ll pay up to a $40 fee. The upside is that there’s no penalty APR. Other cards have up to 30% penalty APRs, which you could be stuck with indefinitely.
- Balance transfer limits. Balance transfers must post within 45 days of account opening to receive the intro APR period. Otherwise, the regular APR at the time will apply.
Compare rewards credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
To use the 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for 15 billing cycles following your account opening, your transfers must post within 45 days of card membership. After that, a variable APR of 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% will apply.
Once you request a transfer, wait at least four weeks for the transfer to complete. If your requested balance transfer exceeds your credit limit, Barclays may either accept a partial amount or decline the entire transaction. Know that transfers from accounts that Barclays has issued to you won’t be accepted.
For each transfer you make, you’ll pay either $5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater. This means you’d pay a $30 fee for a $1,000 balance transfer.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident.
Also, you must provide the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Employment and financial information
- Date of birth and Social Security number
You may request a balance transfer during your application.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher. If you apply with a better credit score, you may get a lower APR and a higher credit line.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card reviews and complaints
Barclaycard is part of Barclays Bank Delaware, which earns an A+ from the Better Business Bureau as of October 2020, and has been accredited since January 2001. However, the brand earns a 1.4 out of 5 on Trustpilot, garnering over 3,000 one-star reviews that cite poor communication, unexpected credit limit decreases and charge issues.
As for the card, customers are generally happy with the points redemption value.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Barclays Mobile Banking app. Use it to make payments, transfer funds, find an ATM, call customer service directly through the app and more.
- Download the Wyndham Rewards app. Book your stays and track your points directly through your phone.
- Avoid interest. Your grace period is 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. Pay your balances on time and in full to avoid paying interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. You’ll pay up to $40 for late and returned payments. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. Call Barclays customer service at 866-928-8598, or contact them directly through the Barclays mobile app.
If you frequently stay at Wyndham properties — and if you want a long intro APR period on balance transfers — you’ll find this card to be of great value.